SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    dimensional differences, std 220 and the 10mm 220...holster concerns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dimensional differences, std 220 and the 10mm 220...holster concerns Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
Are there compelling dimensional differences between a current, railed 220 and the 10mm 220?

I don't have a standard 220 available to measure. Wanting to get a holster for my 10mm 220 and noted that few makers show the 10mm model.

Don't have a standard 220 holster to try either.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biggest difference off the top of my head is that the 10mm has a 5" barrel, the. 45 is a 4.4" barrel.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The barrel is five inches as sprg03-A3 suggests, I believe that the slide is just a little bit wider also. Milt Sparks can make a 10mm specific holster as one has already been mailed to them for proper measurements and tolerances. Big Grin
Sparks makes good quality holsters that should last you for years.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto on Milt Sparks. I've used them since 1975. About 12-15 holsters over the years. Superb design and quality.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Nice to know that Sparks has the dimensions.

Had to laugh on the "Sparks makes good quality holsters that should last You for years" , comment.

I have a few original Milt Sparks summer specials and a few 1911 rigs that are probably older than most of the posters here.

Thanks for that info.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Diamond D chest holster for mine tht I really like.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Isn't the new Legion 10mm gun the same size as a regular P220 ? I thought that is what Bruce Grey showed. Sounds like you have the 5" gun FN.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Yes the 5" Emperor Scorpion from Lipsey's.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Besides the 5" barrel, the slide is "fatter". Blade-Tech has a nice kydex classic OWB model for this gun. Unfortunately, they have never got around to including it in their gun list on the web site. You need to call them. They have two models, one for a 4.4" barrel (early model?), and the other for the 5" barrel. Their descriptions are a bit confusing, even for their reps.

My P220-10 is the standard SAO model, not one of the newer Legion or Emperor Scorpion models, so there could be differences. I would think, though, that SIG would maintain the extra thick slide in all models for 10mm.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Didn't pay attention to the newer versions of the 10mm after getting one. The 10mm that was sent to Sparks was one of the first fifty that were released prematurely. I can't think of why they would change the dimensions, even if it was from an early production model...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Where are you guys measuring the width of the slide?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
For me, the slide seems to be wider overall.

For what it is worth, this is my only P220 from Exeter NH. All of my other P220s are from Germany.