SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ SP01, decocker or manual safety?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ SP01, decocker or manual safety? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I’m looking to get one of these models to expand my collection. This will be used for a nightstand gun with a light and as a DA/SA training gun. I understand that the trigger won’t be as good as the non firing pin block models, but I’m researching if the Apex kit would work with this model. My other CZ guns are a Shadow 2 converted to SAO and a CZ TSO.

Eventually, maybe, the Shadow will get setup as a DA/SA gun again for carry optics.

Question:
Would you recommend the SP01 with a manual safety or decocker?

Choices:
Manual safety!
Decocker!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my SP-01 Omega a few months ago, and I love it. I prefer decockers to safeties, but the trigger on my Omega isn’t terrible. It should smooth out with use/dry practice.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For bedside? Definitely decocker.
And you already have nice SA's.
IMHO.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I had a safety. I sold it, I should’ve waited to find a decocker.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
If you are going to regularly use the DA, get the decocker.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If you shoot "high thumb" don't get the de-cocker.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
^this is something I was concerned about after checking them out again.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
I just picked up my SP-01 Omega a few months ago, and I love it. I prefer decockers to safeties, but the trigger on my Omega isn’t terrible. It should smooth out with use/dry practice.

LOL —- I just realized I confused my SP-01 Tactical with my 75B Omega. Brain fart! The SP-01 Tactical is the decocker, but does not have the Omega trigger. Sorry about that...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
^this is something I was concerned about after checking them out again.

Handle one first. I can ride the de-cocker just fine.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laughing at myself....

I just dug around in the safe with the whole de-cocker question in mind. So, I do ride the de-cocker lever on the Omega. The standard trigger equipped de-cocker lever pokes out at the rear and lands between my thumb knuckles as I take a thumbs forward grip.

It never gets in the way or feels uncomfortable. I edc'd it for about 1 year and have over 8000 rounds behind it for reference..

That said, the Omega levers may be more comfortable.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Though I've become a 1911 guy, I don't care for the CZ 75 style safety. I have a 75 Omega, tried both setups, and am keeping it as a decocker. I wanted a cajunized carry CZ and recently ordered a PCR, which has a decocker.

Mostly 9mm and .45 ACP:
P226 Enhanced Elite
P938 SAS
P320 Compact w/subcompact grip
P225-A1 two-tone
Bunch of Dan Wessons
Assorted Berettas, CZs, etc.

Posts: 199 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post