SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen 5 26 and 34?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen 5 26 and 34? Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
G26 Gen5 - PA2650201
G26 Gen5 w/ GNS - PA2650701
G34 Gen5 MOS - PA3430103MOS
G34 Gen5 MOS 10rd - PA3430101MOS

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
Man I hope so. I’d love to have a 34 MOS. Where did you see those?

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Glock reps are LIARS!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(I have heard from a couple of them that there would be no 34 or 26)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I would love to get my hands on a gen 5 G34... take my money please!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I’m in for a Gen 5 26.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for to get a Gen5 40... Dang!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Interesting, although the grooves never bothered me on the 26 or 17/34.

At the worst it will put some Gen 4s on the used market.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I might be in for a G26, depend on how the grip turns out. I'm not a fan of the exaggerated hump at the bottom of the G26 grip. I shoot my G26 the worst out of all my Glocks.

I suspect that won't change on the Gen 5, but we'll see.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Money standing by for a non MOS 34. Also interested in the 26. I am a huge fan of the Gen 5 Glock's.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

my understanding is you can't have anything other than 9 in the current G5 design. two pin and all that.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:

my understanding is you can't have anything other than 9 in the current G5 design. two pin and all that.

The Glock submission to the XM 17 trials in .40 had 2 pins, but the slide was a bit wider than the 9mm. That may be a possibility

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I might be in for a G26, depend on how the grip turns out. I'm not a fan of the exaggerated hump at the bottom of the G26 grip. I shoot my G26 the worst out of all my Glocks.
I suspect that won't change on the Gen 5, but we'll see.

Interesting. My subcompacts have won me more money and guns in GSSF than the other sizes.

Probably just because I practice more with them because they are my CCW guns.
Maybe there *is* something to this whole practice thing...

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:

The Glock submission to the XM 17 trials in .40 had 2 pins, but the slide was a bit wider than the 9mm. That may be a possibility

I suspect, after examinig the ambi slide release in the gen 5, that it might help with bulking up the frame in the locking block area, too.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A G34 G5 MOS would be sweet. I do like the way the G17 G5 feels over that of the G19 G5, and I'm really liking reflex sights on pistols.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't be in a rush to buy the gen 5. Probably better focus on shooting what I've got. There are those who are able to exploit any gains to be had from the latest generation, but I'm not among them.

Maybe a gen 5 in a G31, 32, and 33. In time. After they start showing up used...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Glock reps are LIARS!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(I have heard from a couple of them that there would be no 34 or 26)

The Florida LE sales manager told me about 6 months ago that he doesn't expect the Gen5 in anything but 9mm and that a 26 and 34 would be coming along. He also told me that they don't hear anything from the higher ups and is sometimes surprised when he reads some rumor on the internet, asks his boss, and finds out it's true.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I will get one of each

I too would be interested in where you heard or saw this information

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Both of the additional offerings are really attractive as I really like the Gen 5 guns. The G34 even moreso because I just saw in an online review, confirmation that the G34 Gen 5 will have a solid top slide without the cutout that previous models had. That was a personal irk of mine that had been keeping me from moving forward on buying one of the prior models.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post