SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 938 Wood Grips

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Sig 938 Wood Grips Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I am trying to find a set of rosewood grips for my daughter's 938 for Christmas. Hogue does not make wooden grips for the 938. I know that Sig does make them from their shop.

Are there other reliable manufacturers of nice wooden grips for the 938?



We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012
 
Posts: 8532 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I recently saw some on Amazon. They pretty much have everything you're looking for. I know there's several of the G10 grips because I bought some off Amazon.


*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***
 
Posts: 193 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Go on E-Bay
 
Posts: 262 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I never think of ebay. Good suggestion.



We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012
 
Posts: 8532 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
High Figure Grips is your friend!

http://www.highfiguregrips.com/sig-p938

RAASCO has some nice ones in English Walnut at very reasonable prices too.

https://raasco.com/sig-sauer-grips/sig-p938-grips/


"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
 
Posts: 8286 | Location: So CA | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Ryan Payne aka Sarge makes outstanding grips.
http://shop.thefinergrain.com/

Here's a set of his Malle Burl gloss grips on my P238:



I have a number of other grips from him on other guns FWIW. Great stuff.



Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
COTEP #192
 
Posts: 7779 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 79 | Location: willkillya county | Registered: October 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Artie, do you want the ones that come on the P938SAS? I have a set, I'll just need to fish through the holsters-and-grips drawer to find them.



Support our troops, and our veterans.
Go Hokies!
New favorite quote from the golf course: "It's not the club, son."
 
Posts: 7502 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Etsy.com has some so does Amazon.com
 
Posts: 81 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Artie, do you want the ones that come on the P938SAS? I have a set, I'll just need to fish through the holsters-and-grips drawer to find them.


If they are will fit the standard frame, then they would do nicely.



We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012
 
Posts: 8532 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The P938 that I bought from a forum member has nice wood grips. I'll have to check and see where they came from. I know for sure that they did not come from SIG, as my 938 has a single-sided safety and as I understand it, there is only one grip supplier who accommodates this configuration.
Follow-up: I found it. My error, the grips on the P938 that I bought are G10, not wood.

If you're interested here's a link: http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/sig/sig-p938



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 16417 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Artie, do you want the ones that come on the P938SAS? I have a set, I'll just need to fish through the holsters-and-grips drawer to find them.


If they are will fit the standard frame, then they would do nicely.


Email me? I'll send them to you, and you can make sure you like them and that they fit properly.



Support our troops, and our veterans.
Go Hokies!
New favorite quote from the golf course: "It's not the club, son."
 
Posts: 7502 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I am trying to find a set of rosewood grips for my daughter's 938 for Christmas. Hogue does not make wooden grips for the 938. I know that Sig does make them from their shop.

Are there other reliable manufacturers of nice wooden grips for the 938?

If all else fails I have a set of Sig Rosewoods I took off my P938. Replaced them with Hogue rubber grips.
 
Posts: 50 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks VT. Email on the way.

A



We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012
 
Posts: 8532 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The P938 that I bought from a forum member has nice wood grips. I'll have to check and see where they came from. I know for sure that they did not come from SIG, as my 938 has a single-sided safety and as I understand it, there is only one grip supplier who accommodates this configuration.
Follow-up: I found it. My error, the grips on the P938 that I bought are G10, not wood.

If you're interested here's a link: http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/sig/sig-p938


Any P938 grips should accommodate the single sided safety configuration.
The difference is if one wants to cover up the area where the second safety lever used to reside or not.


-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward
 
Posts: 2310 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Thanks VT. Email on the way.

A


All taken care of, sir.



Support our troops, and our veterans.
Go Hokies!
New favorite quote from the golf course: "It's not the club, son."
 
Posts: 7502 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 938 Wood Grips

© SIGforum 2017