SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LTT sights suck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LTT sights suck Login/Join 
posted
Any recommendations for better sights for the Beretta 92 by LTT? I like the sights on the LTT 92X performance but find the sights on the their standard LTT not to my liking.

The small front sight and a wide gap in the rear sight just suck.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I disagree but to each his own. The easy answer is Dawson makes a variety of front sights that vary in width and height so you can fill up that rear gap as much as you like.

Not to be dismissive of your desires but have you shot the gun at 25 yards or more? The narrow front is quite nice when accuracy is required.

If you want a bigger front, LTT also sells the Spartan sights which are noticeably wider.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are also Trijicon HDs for it.

I agree with pedropcola, though...I like the stock ones.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pedropcola, I do like the front sight but find the gap of the rear sight too wide.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh. In my mind it ends up the same but finding a rear that is narrower and correct height probably is a tougher find. I still think replacing the front is easier because it’s very easy to find a wider front blade at the correct height. Not impossible I’m sure, but harder unless you are swapping as a pair.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a fix for the sight, ordered a Red Dot Ready Slide from Langdon. Installed a Trijicon RMR and ended with a great sight picture. However the slide is so tight the the pistol jammed 46 out 50 rounds. Sent an email to Langdon, awaiting a reply.

posted Hide Post
Never heard of that before. Is it hard to rack the slide? I have heard of bad sight swaps where the slide got “pinched” but I would think LTT wouldn’t do this. It’s why every time I read a review of cheap sight pushers I chuckle. MGW does cost more but that little show that goes INSIDE the rails means you can’t deform them either. Interested in what they say.

posted Hide Post
Not hard to rack, hell you have a red dot to grab hold of. The slide does feel sticky.

The advancing round usually gets stuck before entering the chamber. I remove the magazine drop out the round and reinsert the magazine and rack the gun to load the round. This tells me the slide does not come all the way back when fired. (Of course I could be full of crap.)