SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig MPX k length
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig MPX k length Login/Join 
posted
Hello everyone

I'm thinking about buying a Sig MPX k and have a question about it. I might be to dumb but I can't find out how long the Sig MPX k is with the telescopic stock.
I found out that the MPX k with folding stock is 22.25 in (565 mm) long and with the stock folded 17.5 in (444.5mm). If this is already wrong, please correct me.
But when it comes down to the MPX k with telescopic stock, I somehow only find numbers that can't be true (I guess those are the numbers from the standard MPX) or contradicting numbers.
Sig also does not write how long the telescopic stock is on their homepage (and I also don't know for sure how long the gun without any stock is).

I hope someone here can help me and tell me how long (max. and min.) the MPXk with telescopic stock is.

Best regards Sgt.Tell

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 27, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody got the length of the MPX k with the telescopic stock? I hoped someone has one at home?in his store and could help me out.

Unfortunately all the stores in my state (and even further) don't have the gun in store.

posted Hide Post
Do you really want the length of an MPX-K registered SBR with the HK-style telescoping stock?

If so, I think I have only seen one at a Class 3 dealer a while ago. They are not common at any dealer.

If you are looking for the length of an MPX-K with telescoping pistol brace, that's a little more common...

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the SP Tactical telescopic arm on my CZ Scorpion EVO pistol before I sold. I now have the SIG MPX K with the SP Tactical FS1913 side folding arm brace which I like a lot better. While it was nice to have different lengths to adjust the telescopic brace, there were several disadvantages in my humble opinion. 1st resting my cheek on the metal was not very comfortable when I used it as a cheek weld. 2nd was that the telescopic brace did not completely collapse and thus there was an additional 4 or 5 inches added to the length of the MPX even when the brace when the brace was pushed in completely. The SP Tactical FS1913 side folding brace adds very little length to the MPX when folded to the side.

With all these braces and is a matter of opinion which one would work best for you. You may want to decide what is the most important aspect of the brace for you and use data to help guide you in your decision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
My SBR MPX w/8" barrel is, with the telescoping stock fully extended, 25 3/8" (my Form 1 does say 25 1/4", though). With the stock fully collapsed, it's 21" on the nose.

These measurements are taken with the standard birdcage FH still on. The stock is the factory telescoping stock, not a brace or anything.

So you can extrapolate the length of the K if you chop 3.5" off my numbers, I suppose.

If you want a piece of unsolicited advice: get a folding knuckle and attach an AR stock of your choice. It's more ergonomic than the telescoping stock and, when folded, is actually shorter by a good 2" than the fully collapsed telescoping stock. Furthermore, the factory telescoping stock has a bad habit of not actually sliding when you extend it the whole way without fully disassembling the mechanicsm.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My MPX K with factory installed collapsing brace is 16&1/2” long with brace collapsed and 20&3/4” fully extended. hth

Posts: 32 | Location: Tx | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Kate Miss sidefolder. You won’t regret it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies.
@Lefty Sig
Actually yes, because I live in Switzerland where we are not so much restricted with gun length (but since recently we need to apply for any rifle/sbr with a mag cap of over 10 rds...).

@SSAreGreat
Those are some good points. I'm still trying to decide what stock I should get and one point for me (thats why I asked this in this forum) is the length of both types of stock extended and fully collapsed/folded.

@Oat_Action_Man
Perfect. Thank you for those numbers. I think those should be pretty close to the MPX k (with the 3.5" subtracted).
And good infos about the factory telescopic stock. Also good to know that the telescopic stock adds about 2" when collapsed in comparison to the folding stock.
I like the folding stock from Lage Manufacturing (https://www.reddit.com/r/MPX/comments/gim7uy/mpx_with_my_first_suppressor_checking_in_love/). But still haven't decided yet.

@Truman
Perfect. thank you!

@maddy345
Looks like most of the people here recommend a sidefolder. Guess there must be something to it.