SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bodyguard 380 dead trigger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodyguard 380 dead trigger? Login/Join 
posted
Brought it home from academy, did some dry fire training, after a few clicks I can pull it all the way back hammer won’t fall, will call s&w tomorrow

Any ideas?

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Works every 10 pulls or so...

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I discover if I pull the slide back a millimeter it works fine, seems to work ok with slide off, strange

posted Hide Post
6 week turn around, good lord

posted Hide Post
I don't think it will take that long. They said the same to me when I had to send my Shield, as the sear was bent but actually took only a week from shipping to them and back to me. Now the problem I had was when they shipped it back to me, it had the same problem. I sent it back in and it came back even quicker. On the bright side, they sent me a few items to tide me over-couple nice hats, stickers, jacket, etc..

My father had a pistol like that and it did the same thing. I replaced a couple springs and it was right as rain. Unfortunately it happens but some springs are to blame.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seem to remember reading something on this when they was popular.
Wasn't there a recall on them that had something to do with the trigger?

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I know a guy that bought 3 at the same time from Academy with that same problem.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
I know a guy that bought 3 at the same time from Academy with that same problem.

Was this recent? They say what the fix was?

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

Was this recent? They say what the fix was?

It was recent. I believe he had to send all of them back. I'll check.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it back today, nothing but gun in box, reworked trigger and tested were the notes.

A little disappointed no swag or extra mag etc, but gun works now.

Soured on the brand now after this experience

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
Got it back today, nothing but gun in box, reworked trigger and tested were the notes.

A little disappointed no swag or extra mag etc, but gun works now.

Soured on the brand now after this experience

Every company has a few that aren't 100%, even some of the high priced semi-customs, and some of the companies don't do a proper repair, the first time back. Hopefully, they got you taken care of, and didn't cost you anything, except frustration.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a no safety version a month ago. Issues I saw were mags dropping and light primer strikes.
Mine was switched over to a metal mag catch and I had no light strikes. Put 100 rounds through it.
Just sent it to Galloway for there internals and short trigger.
Don't like relying on 380 but in AZ heat it's better and easier to carry than nothing.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please let me know how much the trigger improves

posted Hide Post
The one I tried had about the same weight but the geometry is different. It breaks half way through instead of all the way back.
They have some pretty good videos on the Galloway site.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed a Galloway trigger in my BG380.
The "break" is further forward, and reset is shorter. Is it worth $100? I can shoot it a LITTLE better.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I liked how the BG380 felt in my hand and how it pointed but just couldn’t warm up to that 6 mile long trigger.

My Kahr has a long trigger but it’s so smooth you don’t even notice it, this trigger was long, hard and just not good.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post