SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For the Python Fans
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the Python Fans Login/Join 
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
When I read your thread title I immediately thought of these guys...

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolan.. When I first saw you post I got concerned. god knows what you are gonna post up that will cost me more money Smile

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistol, congratulations!! My brother is the original owner of mine, bought around 1972.
I've shot this with a good mix of 38spl and 357s.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw on another board Colt is releasing a new Python in 2020. I didn't get a chance to read the whole article so I don't know the release date, finishes or barrel lengths. They will never be able to replace the original Python's but they may be an affordable alternative.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: calugo,

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
I saw on another board Colt is releasing a new Python in 2020. I didn't get a chance to read the whole article so I don't know the release date, finishes or barrel lengths. They still will never be able to replace the original Pythons but they be an affordable alternative.

Yes, Yankee Marshal had a YT video announcing its arrival by SHOT.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw on another board Colt is releasing a new Python in 2020. I didn't get a chance to read the whole article so I don't know the release date, finishes or barrel lengths. They still will never be able to replace the original Pythons but they be an affordable alternative.

Well, they oughta name it something else, because whatever it is, it won't be a Colt Python. Heck, call it the Python MKII.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
...Well, they oughta name it something else, because whatever it is, it won't be a Colt Python. Heck, call it the Python MKII.

THIS^^^^^!!!

The trend of reintroducing vintage lines by the same name, i.e. S&W Classic line of revolvers, just adds confusion to the marketplace -not to mention internet searches.

The Colt “Python” will not be made again, because the level of skilled craftsmanship that once existed is no longer a viable part of the manufacturing equation. Of course, there are a myriad of reasons... not just one or two. But, the only way to own a Python is to buy an original.

-Bill

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw on another board Colt is releasing a new Python in 2020. I didn't get a chance to read the whole article so I don't know the release date, finishes or barrel lengths. They will never be able to replace the original Python's but they may be an affordable alternative.

Photo released today of the new Python for 2020.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbaker45:
quote:

I wonder MSRP. I would buy mine a younger “brighter” sibling.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wow..is that like a demo or something? Looks like a lot of cylinder wear Eek

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Laminated grips and the hammer is different too.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Absolutely love mine, a 4" blued model that followed me home back in 1973 and must like it here cause it has never left home. Beautiful gun. . . enjoy.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

You know after looking at the photo a few times it could be just artifacts from the photo angle that makes it look like some wear on the barrel and maybe they put some plastic laminate strips on the cylinder for those that like to dry fire test it?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:

You know after looking at the photo a few times it could be just artifacts from the photo angle that makes it look like some wear on the barrel and maybe they put some plastic laminate strips on the cylinder for those that like to dry fire test it?

I thinks that goes into the cylinders to protect them from hammer smashing down? Looks like it could be...

The P210 Americans came out alright. Maybe we should be optimistic. I would like a 4 inch blue as well.....

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
quote:
quote:

I thinks that goes into the cylinders to protect them from hammer smashing down? Looks like it could be...

The P210 Americans came out alright. Maybe we should be optimistic. I would like a 4 inch blue as well.....

Yes, thats the red plastic ring that is placed into the back of the cylinder, but what I was talking about is the wear from the cylinder bolt locking up the cylinder after each rotation. What is pictured must be some kind of factory plastic laminate strip to prevent slight cylinder rotational rings from the cylinder bolt when the revolver is new.

In older used Pythons where the timing may be slightly off, you'll see these rotational marks on the cylinder between the cylinder lock notches. When it's properly tuned the cylinder notch lock will drop into the locking notch at the leading edge of the ramp. Slightly out of tune the locking bolt may drop slightly sooner in front of the ramp leaving those cylinder wear rings..I hope that my description is ok.

Regards, Will G.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
quote:
quote:

Yes, thats the red plastic ring that is placed into the back of the cylinder, but what I was talking about is the wear from the cylinder bolt locking up the cylinder after each rotation. What is pictured must be some kind of factory plastic laminate strip to prevent slight cylinder rotational rings from the cylinder bolt when the revolver is new.

In older used Pythons where the timing may be slightly off, you'll see these rotational marks on the cylinder between the cylinder lock notches. When it's properly tuned the cylinder notch lock will drop into the locking notch at the leading edge of the ramp. Slightly out of tune the locking bolt may drop slightly sooner in front of the ramp leaving those cylinder wear rings..I hope that my description is ok.

I get it

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Looks OK but no where near as good looking as the original Python or maybe it's just a poor quality photo. Still if the price is right, $1000+/- I'd be a buyer. Looking forward to when the new Pythons hit gun shops so I can see one in person.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Any guesses as to an introductory price? I'd take a wild guess at $1500-$2000.

Regards, Will G.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I heard in the mid 2K range.

If the thing went by original specs, hand fitted and finished, made in the USA, similar to upper crust boutique 1911 companies, I can see the justification for the price. Otherwise, nope.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post