SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For the Python Fans
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the Python Fans Login/Join 
posted
So. It has been a very difficult year on me. I wanted to treat myself to something really special and decided this would be it.

In truth the Hickok45 video through my over the fence. I have a similar experience to his with Python's and have been wanting this back for a while.

Looks never fired. Forcing cone and blast plate look pristine. I paid about what it is worth which is plenty for me, but I had to have it. Box and papers to boot.

I already emailed Colt for the letter and for those wondering, yes, I am going to shoot it. There is just something about these pistols...

https://ibb.co/5Wt4WdL

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Sweet. Any idea what year it was made, or where it was originally purchased?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10916 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the brotherhood. Here is my 1961 Python Shooter:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MG34_Dan,

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
OPs photo. Nice Python. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Simply beautiful. Sometimes you have to treat yourself. Enjoy!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Congrats, looks great. I have a 1963 snubbie. Pythons , the best looking revolvers made IMO.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2759 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply’s. I’ve been told it was born in 1981. See what colt says about that.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Yeah, a Python in the safe is always a good feeling. You look to have scored a nice example. Enjoy it. Smile

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is one of my main regrets when I had the chance to purchase a Colt Python with the 2.5 barrel and I couldn't. I just didnt have the money.

I have a Colt King Cobra bought in the 90s but it is just not as smooth as the Python.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking revolver. Congrats.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats and glad to hear you’re gonna shoot it .
The world doesn’t need another paperweight.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had two 6 in and a 4 inch from back around 1974 to 78,79 and sold them off . We have a gun shop not far from me that always has at least 10 or so around all barrel lengths , but they want the big bucks also some are shooters with blue wear maybe 1700 2400 on up .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is some beauty....WOW

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

That is indeed a handsome piece of pony history.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
Hook up with the nice folks at Herretts for stocks that fit you (and nobody else ) just right.
Will set you back a C note or so, but its not like they're gonna wear out is it?

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Classic and Classy. Enjoy. Pickle Rick

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's beautiful, looks NIB, enjoy!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Python, well done. I've pretty much always had one in the home for the last 30yrs. In recent discussions with a Florida member here, I've talked about putting mine up for sale just because it sits along with a few other handguns gathering dust and would be better served in a home that would get some use from it or kept and handed down. I've no-one to pass my handguns down to and the wife would sell it without regard to value just to have them out of the home, she just hasn't any interest in firearms.

Having one has been a delight over the years, my current one has only had less than a box of .38+ fired and just a few .357's fired as it's too hard to resist not shooting them. Over 10yrs ago I managed to find an absolute mint pair of original Colt stocks. Even at that time they sold for over $350 but rare as hens teeth to find a mint pair so I snatched them up.

Good luck with yours leonidas211, I think over the years reading some of your posts and interests in the Python. Enjoy! And when you shoot it shooting .38+ were quite accurate and enjoyable if you don't want to put too many .357's down the pipe. In the past I shot many reloads using blue dot powder and dialed a good load in, but found shooting the .38+ just as enjoyable.

Here's a snap of the stocks I purchased sometime back. Mine is a 76'-6" nickel that have adj Millett white outline target sights.

I'll also toss this unique image I snapped and have posted before in the gallery, just a neat snap taken with an iPhone that just came out really interesting...

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sexy. Very Sexy.

Posts: 209 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

My 6" Python shooter left the factory with the optional Custom Shop Elliason rear sight and Patridge front. It is what caught my eye when I bought this one back in 1995

I wish that my 8" Python had shipped with the same sights

As you can tell, I prefer the no finger groove Hogue wood grips to the factory Python grips, at least for shooting

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post