SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What would a 2-tone p226 9mm Made in W.germany worth?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would a 2-tone p226 9mm Made in W.germany worth? Login/Join 
posted
I got it in as a trade and was wondering what would it be worth..
Its in great condition.. barrel,slide and frame all have matching SN# and it has like new factory grips made in 1990 feb..only thing is it did not come with the correct factory mag or the correct Carry case..

Date code is KA(1990)..

Any ideals on what its worth?ballpark figure?.

Posts: 5 | Location: New orleans  | Registered: May 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have permission to post pictures untill an Admin approves it so i made this slide show of pictures of my p226 on Youtube..

https://youtu.be/Gj_LOyhB_D0

Posts: 5 | Location: New orleans  | Registered: May 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Go ahead and answer his questions, guys.

I give up

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moe24:
.......Any ideals on what its worth?ballpark figure?.

I have no ideals at all, or even an idea. But it might be worth your account here, maybe, possibly......

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I may...

It is worth exactly what you traded for it. Now the question is, why would you trade if the going market price matters to you, yet you don't know it?

I see you're new to the forum, and although every forum is different with their own sets of behavioral rules, it's generally frowned upon to join a forum only to 1) sell items and 2) ask how much stuff is worth. Okay, maybe trolling is #1, but you get the idea.

Oh, and since you're new and probably don't know yet, "parabellum" (who posted above) is the owner of this forum.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice KARMA, I'm in!

Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
If you can create a slide show (with background music) and post it to YouTube shirley you can use 'the internet' to determine what it's worth. It could be worth what you're willing to accept for it. Ballpark? Somewhere between $25 and $1000.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Willing to trade? You might be able to snag a a couple of Marlins.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ezra
posted Hide Post
Impossible to tell you without photos. I will tell you I have an earlier P-226, LNIB, all original with everything it came from the factory with. I paid $700 for it and felt I did well for that price.

Ez

“To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee”

- Herman Melville -

Posts: 5655 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: September 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Go ahead and answer his questions, guys.

I give up

Haha...Not on your life! Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's worth whatever you traded off. Wink

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
It’s worth about as much as you whipping out your Johnson and jumping on it...

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the photos it appears to be in very good condition. I would think in the $600 range to a collector, much less for a shooter. Storing the gun & mags together without bags may cause small nicks in the frame.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
It's worth 464 VHS videos of Harry and Megan's wedding, with Black Sabbath playing in the background.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You might have to check BG for best prices

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of losvaqueros
posted Hide Post
How high on the mountain may the sheep safely graze

Posts: 1813 | Location: Mid Tenn | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the answers but anyways,i took this sexy bitch of a gun to the range again and im kind of liking it more maybe not as much ad my p229 but i like it...

The thing is I am real hard on guns and I can put 1000s of rounds thru a pistol in just one range session..

One of the reasons i was asking for some info anout it is that i that want to turn a potentially collectable gun into a "beater gun"..obviously from the answers and the google searches,these guns are plentyful and not collectable...

Ps. Plz admins dont bann me..it took me 2 days to join,i had to call up my IP and ask them for an Email account since yall dont accept gmail accounts

posted Hide Post
I gave up a 92fs for it so i didn't lose out on alot

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terma-nator:
It's worth 464 VHS videos of Harry and Megan's wedding, with Black Sabbath playing in the background.

Nooooo! Anything but that! Yikes!

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moe24:
Plz admins dont bann me..
The things that get you banned here are the same things which get you banned in other gun forums.

Threads such as this usually are nuked on sight, but in this instance I gave members the go-ahead to answer your questions. If you wish for me to believe that you think that I would do this and then ban you for no reason, then you're trolling us, because you know better than that.

I notice that among the static in this thread, you did receive some answers which may be helpful.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post