SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X5 Grip Module - Anyone know if SIG will be producing this grip module in a Small Version like they do for the standard P320
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 Grip Module - Anyone know if SIG will be producing this grip module in a Small Version like they do for the standard P320 Login/Join 
posted
I love the X5 grip on my P320 X5 vs. the grip on the standard P320 (seems to allow me to gain sight aquisition quicker) and I have small hands. The small size grip on the P320 fits my hands perfectly and I do NOT want to use a P320 small grip on my X5 (tried it and did not like it as well as the X5 grip)....

Anyone know if SIG has plans of producing the X5 grip module in “small” and “large”....Thanks. Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I've been wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone knows for sure.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL I am hoping they will make a LARGE!! It's so frustrating they put out a competition pistol with no options to change the grip when every other maker has interchangeable backstraps or side panels. Meanwhile SIG sticks with the one size fits all model. I love the gun but would love to have a bigger grip.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yes.

I heard last week it will be available After the first of next year.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sir...I will check with SIG in January on this...Great news...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'm down to try one when they show up.

I just ordered a FS grip module in small to try on my V-tac because I'm just not sold on the M X grip frame.

The more frames, the merrier!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I also heard that the X frame will available in a true compact size at about the same size.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I also heard that the X frame will available in a true compact size at about the same size.

That's excellent news.

The fellow I traded my previously unloved 320C to now wants to trade it back for his old G19. Given how taken I've been with the 'X' module over the lumpy standard grip modules, not having to buy a new 320 works out great. I already have way too many Gen4 G19s not counting his old one, so being able to give my old 320C a second try with the proper sized X-module seems like advantageous opportunity even if it means that I may have to wait a few months for those X-modules to arrive. The medium size would be fine, but I'd be curious as to how the small one would feel in-hand.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
LOL I am hoping they will make a LARGE!! It's so frustrating they put out a competition pistol with no options to change the grip when every other maker has interchangeable backstraps or side panels. Meanwhile SIG sticks with the one size fits all model. I love the gun but would love to have a bigger grip.

Agreed. If they have time to develop new guns like the 365, they should be able to design and produce slightly different sized X grip modules.

I asked a CS manager at Sig about when the large size X grip would be available, and he could not give me a time frame. But he did say there is more call for the small, so that would likely be the first to show up.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jejb:
quote:

Agreed. If they have time to develop new guns like the 365, they should be able to design and produce slightly different sized X grip modules.

I asked a CS manager at Sig about when the large size X grip would be available, and he could not give me a time frame. But he did say there is more call for the small, so that would likely be the first to show up.

That isn't how R&D works. Just because they are doing "X" means they could be doing "Y". The two have nothing to do with one another.

The grip modules are produced by (last time I checked) two manufacturers. Those two manufacturers have limited production. Based upon contracts, those two manufacturers produce modules. Contracts drive production. The X Grip is up and coming in several pending contracts (Think DHS). So, the production, and hopefully readily availability of various sized X Grips will be plentiful.

www.opspectraining.com

Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I also hope that they start providing more grip module options for the manual safety versions.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by jejb:
quote:

That isn't how R&D works. Just because they are doing "X" means they could be doing "Y". The two have nothing to do with one another.

Sure they do. If they dedicate 10 people to doing X and only 1 to doing Y, they made the decision that X is more important/profitable. But that does not mean they could not have dedicated more to Y, if they had wanted to.

So at some level, Sig decided making the 365 took precedence over getting X grip modules in different sizes out the door.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
If you say so.

But, I am telling you, from having been involved in R&D at SIG, that is not how it works. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

It is driven by contracts. Feel free to believe what you wish.

www.opspectraining.com