SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magazine interchangability question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magazine interchangability question Login/Join 
posted
I saw that Stern Defense make a magazine adapter for the p320 that also accepts M&P magazines. This brought me to the question are P320 and M&P mags interchangeable?

sig:226,229,239,250,320,365
hk p2000

Posts: 56 | Registered: January 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I think there's some confusion here. The Stern Defense adapter is for a pistol caliber AR15. It allows you to use P320 or M&P magazines in that pistol caliber AR. It doesn't allow you to use M&P magazines in a P320 pistol.

https://getstern.com/mag-admp9-40-p320/

And no, P320 and M&P magazines are not interchangeable. You can't use M&P mags in a P320 pistol, or vice versa. However, they're similar enough in overall shape, and have magazine catch cutouts at a similar enough height, that an AR mag adapter can apparently be made with loose enough tolerances that it will function with either type of magazine in an AR15.

But a P320 magazine won't even insert into a M&P pistol, and while a M&P magazine will insert into a P320 pistol, it won't lock in due to differences in the magazine catch size and shape.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I think there's some confusion here. The Stern Defense adapter is for a pistol caliber AR15. It allows you to use P320 or M&P magazines in that pistol caliber AR. It doesn't allow you to use M&P magazines in a P320 pistol.

https://getstern.com/mag-admp9-40-p320/

And no, P320 and M&P magazines are not interchangeable. You can't use M&P mags in a P320 pistol, or vice versa. However, they're similar enough in overall shape, and have magazine catch cutouts at a similar enough height, that an AR mag adapter can apparently be made with loose enough tolerances that it will function with either type of magazine in an AR15.

But a P320 magazine won't even insert into a M&P pistol, and while a M&P magazine will insert into a P320 pistol, it won't lock in due to differences in the magazine catch size and shape.

Thanks RogueJSK I should have mentioned it's for the ar15.

sig:226,229,239,250,320,365
hk p2000

Posts: 56 | Registered: January 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post