SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mixed feelings on the Ruger P89
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mixed feelings on the Ruger P89 Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
My first semi automate a P85. Still have it. It has never jammed.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While the Ruger might not be a great gun, it's definitely a good gun. If I was issued one or need a quality pistol on a budget I'd go ruger.

I can say that the P93 is Iraqi resistant. Which is saying a lot, because my Iraqis could break, steal or lose just about anything. But the Rugers worked good and shot straight (even with an Iraqi Shooter).

Posts: 4538 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
FYI When the Balloon goes up there will be nothing but cockroaches shooting at each other with P89s and Glock 19s.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5128 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
FYI When the Balloon goes up there will be nothing but cockroaches shooting at each other with P89s and Glock 19s.

That's gold.

Posts: 4538 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
If you are looking for a Ruger P series gun that is not chunky get a P 93, 94, or 95. They are slick sided and not as large as the 89.

Good to know. Thank you!

The P94 I owned in the mid 90's had a long trigger reset. Just never felt as good as the ones on the couple of P89s and P90 I had.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I've owned a P89 and still own a P90, P91. They are built like a brick shithouse However they are overly bulky pistols especially in 9mm. I'm convincedthe they built P85/P89 9 with a 45 in mind down the road. The stock grips sucked. I put hogue grips on all mine. I've kept the P90 because of it accurcy I own very few 45s that can out shoot it. The P91 in 40 is worth so little I just hang on to it for something to run 40 ammo through when I feel like shooting a 40.

The P93 P94 P95 are just about as cheap these days and the slimmed down profile makes them more desirable than the 1st gen.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
The P93 P94 P95 are just about as cheap these days

Perhaps I'm going to have to expand my search criteria. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13394 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

They will run out of bullets before they run out of cockroaches. Then the cockroaches with P89s will win by beating the others over the head.

Posts: 1188 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post