SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dang! TrijiCon HD disappointment!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dang! TrijiCon HD disappointment! Login/Join 
posted
So I have TrijiCon HD's on both my M11A1 and P239.
Much easier to see the big orange dot out there on the end of the barrel (compared to the factory sights).

But both of them have had the orange ring fall out of the front sight ! ! !
WHat the Heck ! ! !

I don't think I'm being overly rough when handling the guns.
Either during shooting or during cleaning/maintenance.

Anyone else had this happen with TrijiCon sights?
Or is it just me?

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I have an early P229 in .357sig that had the tritium tube fall out of the front sight years ago. I figured I may have gotten solvent on it and it weakened the glue.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I have not had that happen. I’m thinking solvents of some ilk are to blame.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I've got a couple dozen or so sets of the Trijicon HD's, mostly on Glocks and a few others, and have had zero issues with them.

I never put solvents on them. I don't know how it would impact them, but I only wipe them with a cloth when cleaning.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've had them on 30 or so G22 gen4's for about 5 years now with zero problems.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Aren't the orange rings covered by some type of sapphire lens? The whole lens came off? Was there a lens there to begin with?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had that same thing happen to a front Ameriglo sight. Called Ameriglo and was really
disappointed in their customer service. Such an inexpensive situation to them. Absolutely
Zero interest shown. I'd have been happy with a reasonable discount for a replacement.
Needless to say, I went with a different brand fix.
Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one of my HD front sights fall off. Trijicon customer service was excellent.
Suggest that you call Trijicon and see what they can do to help.

Posts: 541 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horn:
I had that same thing happen to a front Ameriglo sight. Called Ameriglo and was really
disappointed in their customer service. Such an inexpensive situation to them. Absolutely
Zero interest shown. I'd have been happy with a reasonable discount for a replacement.
Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

I had a recent run in with Ameriglo, Their sight base tall sight for glock was too small and it literally was push thru with finger pressure. sent it in and they lost the pkg...round and round finally took 3 weeks to get a replacement from them.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FLhiker;
Did that when the front sight on my M11A1 fell apart.
TrijiCon customer service was very good and I got the replacement at no charge.
But having the same thing happen with the P239 makes me think that it's (gasp!) my fault Eek

Don't think i'm getting solvent on it during cleaning.
But maybe a little over agressive with my slide rack during re-assembly/function check/lube distribution ? ? ?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

Ameriglo replaced mine when the same thing happened to my Hackathorn front. That was about 4 years ago, and the sight was only 4 months old at the time.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DukeMinski:
FLhiker;
Did that when the front sight on my M11A1 fell apart.
TrijiCon customer service was very good and I got the replacement at no charge.
But having the same thing happen with the P239 makes me think that it's (gasp!) my fault Eek

Don't think i'm getting solvent on it during cleaning.
But maybe a little over agressive with my slide rack during re-assembly/function check/lube distribution ? ? ?

What solvent are you using when you clean the weapon?

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoppe's #9 and Hoppe's Foaming Bore Cleaner.
But . . Not so much that it's running down the slide and onto the front sight.
Or other wise getting onto the front sight.

Picture of Hamfisted
posted Hide Post
How were the front sights installed ? With a pusher tool, or with a hammer and punch ? I know tritium sights are supposed to be installed with a pusher tool. If yours were installed with a hammer and punch maybe that could be an issue in loosening the sight material? I've seen several damaged using the hammer and punch method. Just wondering.

-Mike

Posts: 270 | Location: Ft Lauderdale | Registered: October 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
quote:
Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

Ameriglo replaced mine when the same thing happened to my Hackathorn front. That was about 4 years ago, and the sight was only 4 months old at the time.

Same here, the first outing with my Wilson/Beretta Cen Tac. the orange ring was no where to be found. It took some calling and then an additional two or three weeks to get a replacement.

I laughed when the rep told me he had never heard of this happening before, but when I posted on SF several of our friends here had experienced it, and it was common on the interwebs also.

No issues with any of my HD's though. Trijicon will take care of you.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post