SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Legion 226 ordered
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Legion 226 ordered Login/Join 
posted
Should have it at the end of the week. Anyone buy a legion and regret it?

Posts: 114 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't held a Legion P226 yet. I suppose I know how that would turn out.

Found a deal on a P226 a while back and finally got around to putting proper grips on it.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone buy a legion and regret it?

Not even a itsy bitsy tiny bit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. Really like mine.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdub1242:
Anyone buy a legion and regret it?

Well, I'm that guy. At the shop I absolutely fell in love with the P226 Legion. After getting it home however, I found the checkered front strap a bit too aggressive for my taste. I've always preferred a non-textured front strap over checkering/stippling but with all of the other great features of the Legion I tricked myself into believing I could learn to live with the checkering. No such luck. The pistol was sold within weeks. Congratulations and enjoy.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of testfire
posted Hide Post
No regrets. One of my favorite pistols thus far. I have the SAO version.

Posts: 386 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: May 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My only regret is that I can't buy one of each. Yet Big Grin

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my legion today and a m11-a1 followed us home too.
https://flic.kr/p/27qzYEn

Posts: 114 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 226 Legion sao and is one heck of side arm.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the P229 legion was great, but I like the P226 better. Mine have .40 and .357 barrels, and I just picked up 9mm barrels for them, as well.

My P226 legion trigger isn't as good as the P229 legion, but neither is objectionable.

The finish used on the legions looks nice if not used, but quickly wears in a holster or with any use. It may be the least durable of any finish I've ever encountered on a firearm, including simple cold bluing.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post