SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mounting Romeo 1 on P320 X5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounting Romeo 1 on P320 X5 Login/Join 
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted
I had been told that it is best to use the screws included with the Romeo 1 to mount to the X5, but only after cutting the right one to clear the extractor spring and guide. I had been scratching my head as to this manufacturing oversight until watching a video just now in preparation mounting mine - in it I see that the same (much shorter) screws that were used for the rear sight plate are used to secure the Romeo 1. A friend of mine says no, they're too short and can't handle the torque.

What is your experience? How have you mounted your Romeo 1 to your P320 X5?

-Daniel

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Nevermind. They're different sizes. Must have misunderstood what I was watching.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can only go by my experience when I installed a Romeo 1 on my P320 X-Five. First of all, the Romeo 1 that I purchased was model SQR11000. It is the model that comes with no mounting plate because with the P320 you don't need one. It does however come with 2 screws which are the proper length to install the Romeo 1. They even come with some blue Loc-tite on the screws.
I've never heard of cutting off the screws, nor do you use the screws that were used for the rear sight plate. Use the two screws included with the Romeo 1 and you will be fine.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Interesting... this is SOR11001. It comes with M1913 picatinny interface with "two part base" allowing for a riser and a KeyMod interface. The included screws appear to be for the M1913 base and are too long to mount directly to the X5. No other screws are included. So... it looks like I was seeing the video narrator use a kit like yours while my friend, who acquired this for me at a very nice discount, is advising me as to the limitations of this package.

Thank you.
-Daniel

Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Did you watch this video?

Intalling a Romeo 1 on an X5

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
Interesting... this is SOR11001. It comes with M1913 picatinny interface with "two part base" allowing for a riser and a KeyMod interface. The included screws appear to be for the M1913 base and are too long to mount directly to the X5. No other screws are included.

Last week I bought an X5 and the same KeyMod mount as you. I called SIG CS as soon as I discovered my mistake and they FedEx’d me the correct screws overnight.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put mine over the weekend. I had no problems. I followed Alma Cole's video on youtube.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
(I thought this was a post by Juliet. Never mind....)

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post