SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    100 yd target with SIG 226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

100 yd target with SIG 226 Login/Join 
posted
we have a make shift gun range for rifle shooting with a steel plate at 100, 300, 500, & 1000 yards. I just finished up some flipdown plates and took those out and tested them. They worked great but after they were down, I had a couple left in the mag so I tried for the steel plate at 100 yds. It is probably 6" wide x 10" tall and I actually hit it. There may be others who can intentionally and consistently pull off cool shots but I am not one of those people so I was tickled pink when I heard the gong.

Also hit the plate at 500 yards with my .223 which always makes me happy.

Posts: 15 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, no pics of the fun?

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Yes but the better question - how many shots until you hit it?

(takes me about 4 - 6 rds with my P90DC)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha, well that time I hit it on my second shot but I went again today and it took quite a few. Not exactly precision.

I have some photos of the range and will get those uploaded tonight.

posted Hide Post
Young Man--Congrats on trying the gun at the longer distances. I'm all for everyone trying 100 yards, as it is a skill one can learn pretty easily after you see for yourself that it isn't impossible. Most folks just don't think there is a chance, so I have spent quite a bit of time shooting various pistols at 100-200 yards, from a wrist rest. If you are interested, here are some videos.
https://www.youtube.com/playli...-yUxqYvFX6tek_pEmLes

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
So you went from 6" off dead center at 10yrds to ringing a gong at 100yds in a matter of a few weeks with thaat 226? Have I mentioned you are coachable...oh ya' I said that in the last thread. Very well done!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
P226 in the right hands is capable of some incredible feats of accuracy.

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Nice shooting!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the day I used to shoot IHMSA steel silhouettes which were at 50,100, 150 and 200 meters with iron sight pistols. Nicking them didn't count, they had to fall.

Can't even see them now.

Y'all have fun at those ranges.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GP100 4 inch , all day .
always hit 3 out of 6, out of 10 cylinders full
I could do 4 out of 6 shots about 4 times

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Mine was a 300 yard shot on a 18" Gong I hit with my Tacsol x-ring in 22LR. (Basically a 10/22)

It did take me quite a few shots. Rounds were landing in about a 60 MOA +/- circle. Every now and then the sun would hit a round just right. You could see the glint off the copper as it tumbled along.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Hickok45 has a 18"(?) gong at 80 yards and hosts it with a pistol pretty consistently. No reason a sharp guy like you can't get out to 100.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
So you went from 6" off dead center at 10yrds to ringing a gong at 100yds in a matter of a few weeks with thaat 226? Have I mentioned you are coachable...oh ya' I said that in the last thread. Very well done!

I have mixed emotions because part of me is embarrassed about how much I struggled before and asking the question but the other part of me is so dang glad I asked a group of awesome people for help and was able to get things straightened out.

I am still a little better with my 357 security six but my comfort level with the sig is miles ahead of where I was a couple weeks ago.

I just got in 2000 rounds of 9mm today too. Here's to a summer full of practice!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I've been teaching folks to ring our 8" gong at 100 yds with my Dick Special for about 10 years now.

I love it when they grin ear to ear.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a shot of the range. The little black squares are the new flip down targets I made.