SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pistol Mounted flashlight or laser sight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol Mounted flashlight or laser sight Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
So, you guys are telling me you will never turn the light on to see better what is going on after there is a bump in the night or such and will only turn the light on after you have started to acquire the target and are starting to place your finger on the trigger?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is the dilemma isn’t it? If you hear a noise and use the wml as the flashlight you take the very serious risk of pointing your gun at your 18 year old son who is making a bowl of cereal at 2 in the morning while taking a break from XBox. Hence the second flashlight. Add in that without training many people use their trigger finger to actuate light which can be problematic on its own. Certainly there have been police shootings where in the moment a light actuation turned into a shot being fired.

My point is that is you use a wml, at least think about or read up on or get trained on the finer points and the pitfalls. It’s not as simple as add a good light and away you go. Or it shouldn’t be.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post