Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 or G26 Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have experience with these pistols and have an opinion which is a better EDC?
Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 890 | Location: Central, NY | Registered: February 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I am G26 all the way. I want the capacity of the G26. I also prefer the glock manual of arms over the P938.
Been with the G26 since the mid 90’s and while i have purchased a few pocket 9’s none of them ever unseated the G26.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
P938 for pocket carry, gym shorts, during the SC summer months.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Imho, the G26 is the single best weapon available, although I'm getting more acquainted with the G43. I've only held the 938 and really wasn't excited.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
G26

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 or 43 would beat the p938 unless you were a 1911 guy.

P365 seems to be a great option as well, although I probably wont get one because Sigs striker guns do nothing for me.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apples and oranges really. How are you going to carry it? Are you used to single action pistols? Both are great choices, but for pocket carry 938, but not my first choice since it’s a single action (had one, couldn’t get used to the safety)
Anything else g26 all day

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed my 938, but twice when I took it out of my pocket holster, the safety was disengaged. I now pocket carry a P365. SAO in the pocket makes me more uncomfortable than striker fired in the pocket. For belt carry, the 938 just disappears. If I’m belt carrying I go bigger. The G26 is a great belt gun if you use the pinky extension and don’t mind the pinky bite or fix it.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not big on SA/1911 style pistols for carry as I am not comfortable carrying one. Nothing wrong with the design,just me. I have a Glock 26 and really like the size and capacity. I also have a Glock 43 that I actually carry more in a kydex-iwb holster. You lose capacity but it almost disappears when I carry it and the 26 feels huge in comparison. The think the 43 would be more comparable to the 938, as far as thickness, capacity and size wise. I really like the frame of the 43, in that Glock made the beaver tail/tang larger so my big mitts don't get slide bite.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The answer is both Big Grin

938 for a smaller carry piece and 26 if you want capacity.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 is a very handy EDC. Eats every type of ammo I've tried to feed it and flawless.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it depends on want you want, they don't really compete directly I think. I like my p938 for anytime carry. Don't really enjoy shooting it, feels a bit little too small to shoot for long sessions, but I do shoot it well.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say the point-and-shoot 26. Easy to get night sights for it, great capacity, easily available parts, simple to work on and damn good corrosion resistance. An excellent reputation for reliability as well.

I've heard about issues with thumb safeties on the 380 version Sigs.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The 26 hands down. It has almost everything going for it over the 938.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is great feedback. Thanks to all of you.
Jim

Posts: 890 | Location: Central, NY | Registered: February 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Not really comparable but g26 or g43 or g43x.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I’m a Glock guy all day long. I have three 43s but I shot a 938 at the range one time and was very impressed. Only reason I don’t have one is because of the thumb safety. I don’t trust myself under stress and I don’t want to spend the time relearning.

As others have said, it depends on how you will carry but the 938 is the size leader and truly the only 9 I could pocket carry.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of boilergonzo
posted Hide Post
My G26 was gone long before the 938 showed up. It is a fine gun, but it is thick and large. When I want a small gun, it is too big. When I can carry a larger gun, it is too small. I just never saw value in it.

I love my 938. I did by a 365 to replace it, but the 938 was a great gun for me, and it is small. Here is a photo comparing the smaller sibling of the G26, the G48 to the 938 for size perspective. The G26 is very thick compared to both.

As others noted, they are good at different things. For small carry, the 938 is so much smaller. But if you want a home defense gun and slap G17 magazines into a G26, you have a better platform for home.

Posts: 503 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Carried a G27 for years.
Sometimes it was a little thicker than I liked and have switched to a Shield/9 for several years now. Still have decent capacity at 8+1 and a 1/4" thinner.
If I was going to get something else it would be a 365 or a G43.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Here's a website where you can compare the size of a P938 to a G26, among other popular guns.

https://nivlam.github.io

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post