SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best Gun Safe for the Money
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Gun Safe for the Money Login/Join 
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
Have had one of their safes since the late 80s. Love them,..and they are made in Texas:

http://www.securityproducts1.com

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my Liberty Fatboy Jr from lowes. They did a veterans discount and I got a moving coupon from the post office plus no sales tax on safes and walked out pretty happy. I don't remember the exact cost but it was well under your budget.

I expect it to protect from a casual smash and grab break in where they don't expect to find it (not many safes can withstand a determined attack for long) and from kids and nosy guests as well as help in a short fire. Holds a lot of guns but as has already been pointed out buy more safe than you currently need, you'll fill it fast. Also the number of guns that fit depend on whats in there. ARs and SCARs fit different from Rem 700s and Garands.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Got a Browning made in 88. Weights 1100 pounds. Made in Provo, UTAH. Only way to get in is with a cutting torch. Much better made than most Chicom and lots of American junk. Go on You Tube and watch the different brands of safes. Most are cheap junk made to look strong. Remember you get what you pay for.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Second the "buy bigger than you think you need" suggestions. I bought one size bigger and quickly filled it up. I chose an Amsec BF series safe after looking at a lot of safes. After 3 years I am extremely happy.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Go to the Tractor Supply Store. Between Winchester and Cannon you will find what you need at a good price.

^^^This. If you can wait until right after Thanksgiving, they will probably have a smoking deal. I got one last year and couldn't be happier with the price and the safe. If you decide to do this, let me know in time to send you the rebate gift card I got for the purchase. I believe it's for $50, yours fo free. L90814@hotmail.com

If you don't want it, I'll send it to Para or whomever he wants.

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
has anyone here actually had a theft deterred by thieves because of the safe that they purchased?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post