SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best Gun Safe for the Money
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Gun Safe for the Money Login/Join 
posted
Any suggestions on the best safes for a decent price.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This always depends on size, level of security and budget so you will have to specify a bit more.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
This always depends on size, level of security and budget so you will have to specify a bit more.

Needs to hold 8 long guns and 8 hand guns and have at least a 30 min fire rating. Stronger the bolts the better. Also room to store ammo stash.I have around a grand to spend.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
do you own or rent a home?
will this thing be bolted to the floor?
Or do you anticipate having to move it?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck by simply looking at the Farm/Ranch stores just before or after Christmas. The ones around here get a batch of safes in before the season and then clearance them out after Christmas. Just go with a good name brand and you'll save 40% or more.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
do you own or rent a home?
will this thing be bolted to the floor?
Or do you anticipate having to move it?

Own. It will be bolted to the floor.

posted Hide Post
Go to the Tractor Supply Store. Between Winchester and Cannon you will find what you need at a good price.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to the Tractor Supply Store

They have stopped carrying the 24 gun Winchester in this area. While it's still listed, no stores have them. They have the 10 and 18 but they are too small for most. The 24 was a great deal when it went on sale at $550. A few stores have them left.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liberty Colonial 50, big bang for the buck.

or

Champion Safes
https://championsafe.com/

Safe Guard is their less expensive line.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the mistakes I made was no buying a big enough safe.
When I got my first safe it was a 24 gun and I thought it would be big enough for a
Very long time. I was wrong. I had mostly scoped rifles on that reduced how many
Fit.
I ended up buying a large safe the second time and still have not filled it.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Liberty Colonial 50, big bang for the buck.

or

Champion Safes
https://championsafe.com/

Safe Guard is their less expensive line.

I've been looking at Champion for my next safe, since I'm not going to find the funds for the Graffunder model that I really want. (The wife is probably watching the keystroke logger logs as I type...)

Champion's reinforced door frames seem like a worthy get, and they do tout when put head-to-head to most comparably priced competition units that their safes have more steel and better welded connections and seams, among the other important bullet point items that they claim make their units the more secure choice. It all sounds good, and I haven't found many who speak badly about their quality.

I'd still rather get a unit that is built up with plate material, but at almost triple the cost for even the most basic of units I don't see my 'CFO' signing off on that one. Unlike the occasional new pistol, a safe is rather hard to sneak into the house...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Anything you're going to get in that price range is going to be cheap Chinese junk that will only keep out an unskilled crackhead looking for a quick smash and grab score. Any burglar who knows anything about safes can get in these in minutes. Also, the cheap Chinese wallboard they use for fire insulation in these safes will corrode your guns.

quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

Needs to hold 8 long guns and 8 hand guns and have at least a 30 min fire rating. Stronger the bolts the better. Also room to store ammo stash.I have around a grand to spend.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Cabelas brand woodsman 25 is right at your price point,

Liberty provault is rated what you want as well, and not quite as expensive

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Costco has decent deals sometimes on safes if you're a Costco member.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a 24 gun Liberty on sale for $699 and it's American made. Is that a good price?

posted Hide Post
Liberty Franklin or Lincoln. Amsec I understand may be even better for comparable models.

http://www.libertysafe.com/saf...klin-safes-ps-6.html

Posts: 2689 | Location: Orlando Area | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Liberty Provault 24 a few years ago from Cabella's, great safe, I think they were just on sale again for $649, a little more then I paid but still a great price.

I need another one also!

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liberty

Buy a bigger safe than you need as you will buy more guns...

Don't buy a cheap safe as you might keep other items that are hard to replace such as documents

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post