SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did a little panic buying of my own today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did a little panic buying of my own today. Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Picked up the CZ P10S and G17 gen 5 that bought off GB last week.

While I was there I bought a CZ P07 FDE and a case of shotgun shells.

And last Friday I bought a Sig 239 SAS from a member here and it shipped today.

That ought to hold me for a little while. All priced normally.

Went to 2 gun stores. No ARs, no glocks, no 9mm and no 5.56.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You did well.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I got one of my Glock 23’s out of mothballs yesterday, Gen III. I bought it new, never shot it, gonna try it out. I have a bunch of 40 ammo, good cool weather carry.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I just traded 3 handguns for a CZ TSO. So I decided to dress up my Sig P226 .40 with some new grips and sights since the old ones had died. I had not carried it for a while so it's time to bring it back into the rotation. I still load .40's so ammo is not an issue.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Bought an Overwatch Precision flat faced trigger for my G44, it came in yesterday via UPS, Cleaned up the Glock last night and installed the new trigger... Also cleaned up the 22/45 Mk IV and CZ P-09.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been on a slight buying "binge" of sorts lately. More "scratching a longstanding itch" than any real 'panic' need kind of binge buying. A lot of pent-up energy due to my initial reluctance to buy with the new laws regarding pistol purchases here in this state. But then I made the mistake of letting the flood gates crack open a bit...

I picked up that 97B I posted about a couple of months ago. Then a 92X Performance with the unfortunate heavy trigger that needs addressing. Kinda wished that I dry-fired it before buying. Bad assuming that it would be just like our floor model's trigger. Probably the neatest one of this lot is my latest, a black (Bart) Ruger Wrangler. In honor of that inanimate naming thread over in The Lounge (I think that's where it is), maybe I WILL name it 'Bart'. Or not. But now I'm looking at a set of walnut stocks for it. It really IS a neat little plinker.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really really like my P07. The CGW trigger upgrade was a nice addition.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPS brought me a new AK & a case of 7.62x39. Kind of like Christmas, except I cannot pick up the rifle from my FFL until tomorrow. Confused

I have wanted an AK for several years. Never felt that I knew enough to buy a good one.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
My son wanted to check out a new-to-me LGS near where we were going to shoot sporting clays this weekend, and this long-barreled beastie, lurking at the bottom of one of the counter's shelves, spoke to me:

I didn't even know Ruger made a 10" Mark IV, and now I have one. Smile

Not sure whether this qualifies as a panic buy, though. Maybe a target of opportunity?

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you did well.....I LIKE CZ's.......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
My son wanted to check out a new-to-me LGS near where we were going to shoot sporting clays this weekend, and this long-barreled beastie, lurking at the bottom of one of the counter's shelves, spoke to me:

I didn't even know Ruger made a 10" Mark IV, and now I have one. Smile

Not sure whether this qualifies as a panic buy, though. Maybe a target of opportunity?

Sweet. I have seen them go for 800 bucks new. I have the stainless version and what a fun pistol to shoot!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Shopped for a P226. Bought another one about two weeks later. Who knew these types of things could happen?

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stopped by my local gun store to pick up a Ruger Super GP100 .357 Mag I had ordered some time ago. A few weeks ago I was in the same store picking up a Ruger-57. At that time, on the sale rack was a unicorn - a CMMG Banshee 300 9mm at a decent price. I didn't buy it, called the next day and it had been sold.

Well, lo and behold, there was another Banshee on the sale shelf. Had to buy it. Trijicon MRO on order and then I will test it out.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not panic buying, but I went to LGS to pick up primers they said they had in stock. Turns out they didn't. Went home with another Kimber. Eek

Posts: 55 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking I had issues. I'm picking up three sigs Tuesday! M18, 365XL,P320 X-Full. Not panic buying, just striking while the irons hot....lol

Posts: 50 | Location: Bluffton, SC | Registered: March 29, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Added a Ruger speed six and 2 Centurion ARs to the list.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
During pandemic, picked up a Sig P365 for the wife. Then I culled the herd a bit. But still ended up picking up a S&W 360 with D&L custom milled night sights, a Zev Z09, and a Gen 5 Glock 17 MOS.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post