SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    In Praise of the P365
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Praise of the P365 Login/Join 
Competent When Sober
Picture of Mad Max
posted
Like many who have been carrying concealed for twenty years, I have gone through many handguns, holsters, and carrying techniques. I’ve carried (in order of purchase) a Beretta 21a, P232, Kahr MK9, Glock 26, Kahr P9 Covert, Kahr P380, Beretta PX4 compact and until recently, a S&W Shield 2.0. I have carried in a fanny pack (don’t laugh, it was all the rage in the late 90’s), IWB and in my front pockets. Each handgun had its pros and cons. Some were too heavy while other’s too large, small or thick, and some I just could not shoot as well as I’d like.

Having grown up with SA/DA handguns, I always preferred them. In fact one of the first handguns I was able to hit point of aim right out of the box was my first Sig, a P226. It’s why I joined this forum so many years ago. It replaced my Beretta 92F as my favorite handgun. Although I own various striker fired pistols, I could never really shoot them as well.

When the P365 came out, I had recently bought the shield and was not interested in getting another firearm. Especially not another striker. My most recent rotation depending on time of year, where I was going and how I was dressed, was to use the P380 for shorts pocket carry, the P9 covert for long pants pocket carry and the Shield for IWB carry. I like the Shield a lot. But as with all striker fired actions, I could not hit POA without having to practice quite a bit.

Then the P365 came into my life. I was on the fence about purchasing it, but now I am so very glad that I did. Straight out of the box I took it to the range and fired 240 rounds out of it to test for function and reliability. I had also purchased a 12 round magazine so I could feel the differences between the flush ten, the extended ten and the 12. I loaded all three up and started firing away. To my surprise from the first magazine I emptied, I was consistently hitting my POA in slow and fast firing drills. I have not been this happy about a firearm purchase since my Sig P226 that started my Sig addiction. I didn’t matter which magazine I used, although I will admit that the 12 round extended is the most comfortable.

So Sig did it again! They created a pistol which fits my hand well, with a good trigger, that shoots amazing for such a small firearm. The extra capacity in the magazines also a plus. I know that for many that is the real selling point, but for me it is the shootability and accuracy of the pistol.

GOOD JOB SIG!

Oliver Wendell Holmes - "The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions."

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin What he said Big Grin

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Competent When Sober
Picture of Mad Max
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I should have gotten one sooner. As it is, I think I might get another.

Oliver Wendell Holmes - "The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions."

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
"It's all that, and a bag of chips!"

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Sig knocked it out of the park with the 365. The other good aspect of their success with the platform is that it is inspiring others to make viable, reliable hi-cap micro pistols. Everyone (including Sig) was making good subcompact pistols and they still have their place but the door is open from a design standpoint.

I am so tempted to pick up a Hellcat if one shows up at the right price. With my like new 365 only hitting the wallet for $385 shipped and transferred and with an extra mag to boot, it might be a while before I see the Hellcat for that low. I’m definitely on the hunt for another as Mrs. Gear really likes mine...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I’ve decided that the P365 is my favorite carry weapon. So much so, that I’ve got about 300 dollars in custom leather coming for it. Only way I know how to not trade or sell a weapon, is to buy a ton of custom leather.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
Like many who have been carrying concealed for twenty years, I have gone through many handguns, holsters, and carrying techniques. I’ve carried (in order of purchase) a Beretta 21a, P232, Kahr MK9, Glock 26, Kahr P9 Covert, Kahr P380, Beretta PX4 compact and until recently, a S&W Shield 2.0. I have carried in a fanny pack (don’t laugh, it was all the rage in the late 90’s), IWB and in my front pockets. Each handgun had its pros and cons. Some were too heavy while other’s too large, small or thick, and some I just could not shoot as well as I’d like.

Having grown up with SA/DA handguns, I always preferred them. In fact one of the first handguns I was able to hit point of aim right out of the box was my first Sig, a P226. It’s why I joined this forum so many years ago. It replaced my Beretta 92F as my favorite handgun. Although I own various striker fired pistols, I could never really shoot them as well.

When the P365 came out, I had recently bought the shield and was not interested in getting another firearm. Especially not another striker. My most recent rotation depending on time of year, where I was going and how I was dressed, was to use the P380 for shorts pocket carry, the P9 covert for long pants pocket carry and the Shield for IWB carry. I like the Shield a lot. But as with all striker fired actions, I could not hit POA without having to practice quite a bit.

Then the P365 came into my life. I was on the fence about purchasing it, but now I am so very glad that I did. Straight out of the box I took it to the range and fired 240 rounds out of it to test for function and reliability. I had also purchased a 12 round magazine so I could feel the differences between the flush ten, the extended ten and the 12. I loaded all three up and started firing away. To my surprise from the first magazine I emptied, I was consistently hitting my POA in slow and fast firing drills. I have not been this happy about a firearm purchase since my Sig P226 that started my Sig addiction. I didn’t matter which magazine I used, although I will admit that the 12 round extended is the most comfortable.

So Sig did it again! They created a pistol which fits my hand well, with a good trigger, that shoots amazing for such a small firearm. The extra capacity in the magazines also a plus. I know that for many that is the real selling point, but for me it is the shootability and accuracy of the pistol.

GOOD JOB SIG!

I totally agree; well said on all counts.

'Not really sure why, but I am shooting tighter groups at 10Y with my stock P365 than my P320X Compact, even with the shorty 10-round mag. Maybe I'm just gripping it a little tighter (?).

FWIW, 1000 rounds in on the P365 (October 2019) with zero problems - none.

Nice firearm!

Posts: 24 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
It is my EDC in a tulster iwb. Really comfortable to carry as well as hold and very confident in my ability to hit what I am aiming at. It is my bad motherfucker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRJ:
We might need to form a support group for this addiction.

OK, I'll go first. My name is Jim and I'm a P365oholic! Wink

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Competent When Sober
Picture of Mad Max
posted Hide Post
Must.......resist......buying......another.....

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Great little gun. It’s my daily unless I’m feeling like carrying my G19.

I’ve got something around 1,000 rounds through it. No complaints. Just re-qualified at work with it a few weeks ago and shot 99%.

I’ve got a hogue slip on grip on mine, usually carry with the ten round mag with a 15 round backup. I feel well prepared.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I think I’m going to need one of these, very soon!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
Must.......resist......buying......another.....

Yeah! What he said! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to admit I was very pleasantly surprised by this gun and find myself carrying it more than I expected to. It fits nicely in any leather that I bought for my PM9 which was traded in after using the P365 for a while.

The other thing that struck me about Mad Max's post is that I also loved my P226 for a long time. Over 25,000 rounds with never a failure. Competition, range, carry, home protection, more holsters than I can count, a .22 conversion, and a .357 barrel.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
It is getting harder and harder to wait for the future Sig releases of the P365!!! Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EasyFire,

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to try mine out. I just ordered a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra-Max this morning.

It should work well, according to everything I'm hearing from everyone else. I'm glad you're happy with yours.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I have also fallen to the siren song of the P365. I waited until all the bugs have been resolved and I am glad that I did.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the 365 version with regular sights and no safety. I bought 1 12 round magazine to go with 2 10 rounders that came with it.
I fired it for the first time today. I did put some silicone oil on the frame rails before shooting.
I fired 50 rounds brass Blazer 124 grain full metal jacketed bullets. All fire with out a problem, recoil was manageable for a light weight gun.
I fired 30 rounds of Speer 124 grain +P LEO rounds and it did bark and recoil was noticeable.
I ordered a Houge grip sleeve and 2 Pearce magazine extensions.
Over all I like the gun points good and trigger is acceptable.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had my P365 for about 5 months now, it gets better every time I shoot it. I carry in either a Vedder Light Tuck (AIWB) or a TT Gunleather KX Lightweight (IWB) Holster at 3:30. It doesn't really matter which mag I use; flat, extended, or 12 -round, it's accurate with all. I usually carry with the 10 Rd extended mag as I find it most comfortable in the hand, personally. I have it loaded up with Fed HST 150 Micro right now, but it runs perfectly fine with Gold Dots, Hornady XTP, and any other ammo I've shot it with. Zero malfs! Zero.

This little pistol replaced both my G43 and 43X, and my Walther PPS M2 as my small carry gun. If I feel the need to go bigger, I'll carry my M11-A1; but in all actuality, I'm darn near as accurate with the P365 now as I am with the M11...and it is just so much easier to carry.

Note; This has made me want to holster up the M11 today, and I might, but mainly because I feel guilty in not giving the M11 enough attention since the P365 joined my modest collection.

I need to say that even if this gun only had say, 7 or 8+1, it would still be my choice due to build quality, accuracy, and ease of carry over the others. The other option when I want to go even more under the radar, I carry a S&W 340PD AIWB or in my pocket. It weighs all of 14 oz; loaded with .38 +P or almost 14.3 oz with full house .357 Mag. (NOT pleasant to shoot, but dayyum, does it make a big noise).

Sig P365: The gun that changed everything.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post