SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Got me a G33, probably get a 27 barrel as well sometime and have dual caliber capabilities.

Good deal- congrats. I think you'll like the pocket rocket; I like mine a lot. Please let us know what you think when you get to shoot it.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
What do you carry yours in?

I've tried a few, but my favorite is still the hybrid IWB I got from dosborn81 here on SigForum. He is the owner/operator of Ozark Holsters, and does some great work for not a lot of money. I'll see if I can scare up a picture for you.

ETA: Here ya go.

Dosborn81 made my holster that I have carried every day for the last few months. I could have paid double what he charges and I'd still say it was the best holster for the money.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well sold my NIBX gen 3 19. Kept shooting high and left which I found is common for this vintage. I tried adjusting my grip, drifting the rear sight but still shot left. I really tried to like it but was not meant to be.

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildflush:
Well sold my NIBX gen 3 19. Kept shooting high and left which I found is common for this vintage. I tried adjusting my grip, drifting the rear sight but still shot left. I really tried to like it but was not meant to be.

Wouldnt it have been easier to drift the rear sights or buy a different size sight?

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried everything and spent a lot of range time with it. Just could not get it to shoot straight. I shoot my buds Glock 2nd gen 17L fine so it must be the Gen 3 frame. I was talking to a friend who is a Boston LEO and he said the same thing happens to him so he was interested in my findings. I shoot once a week and I'm proficient with handguns so I'm frustrated to say the least because I believe the Glock 19 is the best carry pistol for size and capacity. After a google search I found others have this problem.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
quote:

Well Glocks aren't for everyone and some just don't learn or care to learn how to shoot them.
You gave the Glock a go and decided to move on. Having the great options avilably for us to choose from is wonderfull. I know I can handle certain gun and for whatever reason don't even make it. Sell it and recvery what you can and move onto to something else. Your keeping the gun industry going and well and all the time getting to test out some completly different gun designs which for me is all the fund of if. So whats ya considering buying now to replace it?

Mustang this is not my first Glock. I had a gen 3 23 40 in the late 90's that I bought nib. That one shot fine but it was not a fun range gun. Two guys at my LGS one a LEO both stated this issue with Gen 3 19's. I shoot all my SiGs well. I had my eye on a nib x5 L1 40 but it sold. I got $850 for the Glock and with goodies I sold had $1,000 going to the x5. Not sure now.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sounds very much like trigger control to me. You may not want to hear it but it typically comes down to the shooter and not the gun. Besides, I've found and heard from folks new to Glocks that the usual, more common POI 'issue' is low and to the left. Was the case for me when I started with my first Glock many moons ago. Dedicated trigger practice (both live and extensive dry fire) usually takes care of this.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

Sounds very much like trigger control to me. You may not want to hear it but it typically comes down to the shooter and not the gun. Besides, I've found and heard from folks new to Glocks that the usual, more common POI 'issue' is low and to the left. Was the case for me when I started with my first Glock many moons ago. Dedicated trigger practice (both live and extensive dry fire) usually takes care of this.

Ok than explain why it does not happen to other Glocks that I have shot? POI is common for low and left. A local department chief also told me this. My feeling is if I have to work at it this much it is time to move on. I don't want to be in a situation and have to think about it. I do not have this issue with any other handgun that I own. My Tupperware Walter P990 shoots POA and POI is in the x ring. No big deal I guess just not for me.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I have complied. I am very happy with the gun that has nothing likeable about it.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8650061613

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok than explain why it does not happen to other Glocks that I have shot?

Nobody can explain that for you, as we don't have that gun. You mentioned a 17L, which has a much longer sight radius and quite a bit less recoil than the compact model 19. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

But if you want to know the truth, buy some snap-caps or load some brass and bullets with no powder or primer; if that's the issue, you will know it.

I know my truth. When mine are shooting left; it's because I'm pulling the shot like I'm an Olympic tug-o-war medalist.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. Still won't. Need another 229/228 9mm. You can keep your plastic/fantastic/craptastic guns. Hope you remember not to leave them on the stove!

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Nope. Still won't. Need another 229/228 9mm. You can keep your plastic/fantastic/craptastic guns. Hope you remember not to leave them on the stove!
Another Saturday night without getting laid, huh?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you often leave your Sig pistols on the stove for extended periods of time?
Whether you do or not, to put it mildly, you Sir, are an idiot... Frown

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Glocks are the bacon of handguns! Man on man do I like bacon.

G27x2 (shoot these the best - daily carry)
G33x1 (camping gun - badass round)
G23x2 G4 (Alternate daily carry)
G22x1 RT2(Dressed with a Galco Shoulder holster)
G21 - Recliner Gun

Owned HK's, Sigs. Smiths, and others. Liked them all but went with the best and one platform for training purposes.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
Glocks are the bacon of handguns! Man on man do I like bacon.

Then you'd love the Bacon Grease Glock!

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
Ok than explain why it does not happen to other Glocks that I have shot?

Nobody can explain that for you, as we don't have that gun. You mentioned a 17L, which has a much longer sight radius and quite a bit less recoil than the compact model 19. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

But if you want to know the truth, buy some snap-caps or load some brass and bullets with no powder or primer; if that's the issue, you will know it.

I know my truth. When mine are shooting left; it's because I'm pulling the shot like I'm an Olympic tug-o-war medalist.

No recoil has nothing to do with it. I shoot pistols/wheel guns with much more recoil fine. Also the 17L is gen 2 frame. No big deal just not for me unless my buddy sells me his 17L Smile I also have snap caps and did not see a flinch when practicing. Well I'll stick with my Walther P990 except my streamlight will not mount to the rail. Frown

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
As silly as the premise is, let's play along with Mister andronicus. I'd like to point out that the grip panels on a stock 228/229 subjected to the same conditions would melt and either impede the movement of or allow the loss of action parts which are normally contained by the panels. The decocker, decocker spring and mainspring components would either get some nice melted plastic enrobing them, or maybe they'd just take a hike the first time you tried to fire the pistol. Assuming the parts stay in place and aren't impeded by a gooey coating, it may very well impossible to sufficiently grip the pistol during operation. If you've ever seen a SIG 22x-series pistol with the panels off, you'll know what I mean.

The use of polymers in major components of pistols is now a well-established and common practice. Time and tide, my friend

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
As silly as the premise is, let's play along with Mister andronicus. I'd like to point out that the grip panels on a stock 228/229 would melt and either impede the movement of or allow the loss of action parts which are normally contained by the panels. The decocker, decocker spring and mainspring components would either get some nice melted plastic enrobing them, or maybe they'd just take a hike the first time you tried to fire the pistol. Assuming the parts stay in place, it may very well impossible to sufficiently grip the pistol during operation. If you've ever seen a SIG 22x-series pistol with the panels off, you'll know what I mean.

The use of polymers in major components of pistols is now a well-established and common practice. Time and tide, my friend

I need to order some Hogue Aluminum grips for My P Series Pistols ASAP just to protect myself from this happenstance! Wink

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, yes, I would think it wise for those of use who subject their firearms to dangerous temperature have parts installed which are less likely to fail in such contrived circumstances.

Don't forget to obtain an alloy mainspring seat as well. The stock part is plastic. It's uhh...somewhat important to the function of fabulous, not-so-stoveproof SIG.

D'oh!! Razz

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I am going to the fun store tomorrow to pick up a 3rd gen 17L. Cool

I bought a 17L threaded barrel earlier this week. The 17L along with my SWR Octane 9 HD suppressor attached is going to be LONG!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post