SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Who did your texturing, frame, and slide work?

Everything went through OC Custom Coatings here in OC, CA.

They did the urban camo (hard to see in pics) Cerakote on the slide and frame, and they installed the Deus trigger and magwell (which is also Cerakoted).

They have local partners for the slide work and the frame work. I think Stone's Custom Glocks did the frame, to be honest I can't recall who did the slide.

The work is top-notch, though. I'm very happy with the result.

Just waiting on Deus to finish up a batch of barrels, so I can get my barrel and guide rod...

Thanks for the info.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
17L Gen 4 FTW. Definitely on my list once it exists. I may not even try to use a Blue Label discount for that one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hile,

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Sounds cool but a Gen4 G17L will never happen. The current batches were still Gen3 based in a time and age that we're now looking forward to the what Glock has in store for Gen5. I would also surmise that Glock sees limited sales potential to justify in their minds the cost of tooling needed for making the updated slide. This company operates on the cheap and efficient, not on emotion or passion.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I gave in to the forces of evil and this post.

Damn you, Para! Big Grin

Picked up a Gen 4 G19 today. My first Glock.

Will give it a cleaning and some damn grease, then hopefully get to shoot it tomorrow.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Glocks need very little lubrication just a few drops of oil in the places as referenced in the manual.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I recommend that you lube them a little heavier than that. If you plan on using it at all.

I don't care what the manual says, it is a mechanical device and if you plan on using it, lube it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I'd even recommend grease instead of oil... Eek

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Redhookbklyn has been corrected !!

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
quote:

All in good fun.

I did apply a little more lube than what the manual recommended though. I thank you and jljones for that suggestion.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You bet, man. Lube is cheap.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Picture in sunlight shows the urban camo a bit better. This is the best Glock I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of them. I'm going to sell off a couple other Glocks, buy new ones, and have this local guy do the frames.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

My 'corrected' comment was referring to PARA's pic of The Shining.

I use Slide Glide grease on all my firearms.
I'll run a Sig fairly wet, but go sparingly on my Glocks.

Congrats on the gun...

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My 'corrected' comment was referring to PARA's pic of The Shining.

I use Slide Glide grease on all my firearms.
I'll run a Sig fairly wet, but go sparingly on my Glocks.

Congrats on the gun...

Thank you.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just want to make sure nobody missed it:

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just want to make sure nobody missed it:

My apologies Para. I should have removed the picture when using the "quote" in my replies.

Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
I finally caved today. Went into a lgs while in town for a whole different reason, and walked out with a pre-owned G23 gen4. Went out and shot a few mags through it when I got back home, and it shot pretty well. Not quite 228 well, but was pretty nice. It's going to take a few outings to get used to the striker fire trigger.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hairy2dawg:
I finally caved today. Went into a lgs while in town for a whole different reason, and walked out with a pre-owned G23 gen4. Went out and shot a few mags through it when I got back home, and it shot pretty well. Not quite 228 well, but was pretty nice. It's going to take a few outings to get used to the striker fire trigger.

Nice.....
If you get bored with it, buy a G32 barrel for it and run some 357sig ammo thru it.
357sig is a lot of fun to shoot.
You can use your 40cal G23 mags.

Glock 32 barrel

You can also find them sometimes on eBay...

I run a G31 barrel in my G22 quite often... Big Grin

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
If I wanted to put one of those stock kits on a my Glock ... Can I put the engraving on the stock or does it have to go on the pistol? The stock would be the registered part and the pistol would be the host.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish all the Glock owners nothing but happiness;
But I just don't get it. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Crom,

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post