SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
I hope I have bought my last 2 glocks. Bought a 43x last week or so. Just picked up a 19X today.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Your last two? That means you'll be buying at least three more.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Your last two? That means you'll be buying at least three more.

Unless it’s a leap year...

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the vid that Para posted one page back.
The reviewer points out an improved draw-bar spring. Can anyone advise what that thick, black, prong is on the viewer's left, that almost mirrors the ejector?

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've stated on this forum about hating Glocks for years before the Gen 5s came out. But I'm enjoying the Kool Ade now with the 34s and the 19s especially. And the front cocking serrations (which I never use) does make them a better looking gun. And the 19 is just so nice to carry IWB.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
So I take it Glock does not offer the 48 in that nickel type finish for the slide anymore? People hated the two tone look so much that they’re not longer producing it?

I liked how it looked and was thinking about looking around for one, but it looks like that ship sailed.

It was more the execution of that mediocre silver slide finish than the concept of a 2-tone that was those guns' downfall. The finish work on so many of those slides just looked outright BAD; often its non-uniform finish looked as if the silver nDLC coating and/or the bare slide was not prepped correctly prior to application. A LOT of slides off of the early 2-tone 43X/48 guns appeared to be this way. More than a few prospective buyers in our shop during that time when they were first introduced wound up with something else instead.

BTW the two-tones are still in Glock's lineup, at least according to their website. However when exactly Glock gets to shipping them at a regular basis again is more of a mystery.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I'm Jonesing for a 17L...

That's a cool gun.

Posts: 5100 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Uhhh, yeah, hmmm......Para made me do it? Smile

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
So I take it Glock does not offer the 48 in that nickel type finish for the slide anymore? People hated the two tone look so much that they’re not longer producing it?

I liked how it looked and was thinking about looking around for one, but it looks like that ship sailed.

I happen to like the 2-tone also, but I have a silver one that came with Ameriglo Spartan Operator sights and I'd trade for a black one with the same (or Trijicon HD) if you really want the silver.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I admit I need one just because. Eventually I'll get one. Probably in ubiquitous 9mm for ammo and parts availability.

But which gen I wonder...so many opinions.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nev:
I admit I need one just because. Eventually I'll get one. Probably in ubiquitous 9mm for ammo and parts availability.

But which gen I wonder...so many opinions.

If only one, either a G17 of your generation of choice or a G45.

G45, full sized finger groove less fame with a compact sized slide.
Choice of backstraps.

Added the Vickers mag catch and slide stop..

Love my Gen 2 G17s.
The beater truck gun, my second favorite to the G45....

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Was doing paperwork to order some Glock 43X guns for work and lo and behold a Glock rep actually showed up at work to follow up on our 2018 purchase.

He says we're the last agency in Ohio with Glocks in 357 and there are two in Michigan. Asked him if he was willing to swap out our 31s for 45 MOS guns at no cost. he laughed.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wandered into one LGS today for the first time since perhaps Christmas, to see about ammo. No firearm purchase = no ammo (except in two calibers and limited to one box); but there were a couple of Gen 5 G22s, and a G17. One G22 was a Blue Label; whipped out my retired Military ID, license, etc. and brought it home. May name her Marlena. Smile

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
New Glockstore opened in Nashville today... I'm sure I'll be adding to the collection soon

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I held a couple of Glocks a few weeks ago. Remembered why I sold my last one. They still haven't fixed the biggest problems IMO.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Covert_Carry:
I held a couple of Glocks a few weeks ago. Remembered why I sold my last one. They still haven't fixed the biggest problems IMO.

You should shoot one.
You may be surprised..

What exactly are the biggest problems IYO?

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg45FL
posted Hide Post
I got a really good deal on a Blue Label G19 Gen 4 and it's become my project gun. The OEM trigger was awful so I switched to an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger. From there I purchased a Blacklist barrel and had some mill work on the slide. It shoots great and it's very accurate but I'm not real fond of the grip angle

G19 Gen 4

Posts: 48 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olaf
posted Hide Post
I've been resisting buying a Glock for years until I wanted a subcompact in 10mm. I had no choice but to buy a Glock.

Posts: 242 | Location: Lincoln, NE | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by Covert_Carry:

You should shoot one.
You may be surprised..

What exactly are the biggest problems IYO?

I've shot several. The backstrap shape, grip angle, mushy trigger, etc.

However, if I bought a Glock, it would be a 10mm. Unless Sig makes a better one.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post