SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Still haven’t bought, nor will, a Glock. Have tried to shoot them multiple times and just can’t do it accurately. I have transitioned from DA/SA Sigs to HK Lem, effectively, but can’t do a Glock. But I don’t feel I’m missing anything with that choice either...

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Still haven’t bought, nor will, a Glock. Have tried to shoot them multiple times and just can’t do it accurately. I have transitioned from DA/SA Sigs to HK Lem, effectively, but can’t do a Glock. But I don’t feel I’m missing anything with that choice either...

Thanks for chiming in.
I'm sure your post was very helpful to others... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfens:
SigSauerP226 yeah the only thing I'll probably do to my newly acquired Glock 19 is installing a extended magazine release really have to change my grip to drop a magazine.

Maybe the extended slide release as well, but when the gun is broken in on the rental I originally tried was perfectly fine stock.

I always wanted a Glock 26 since I don't have a sub compact in my collection but with my small hands couldn't grip it without my fingers hanging off the grip. Concealed you can just try to live with it but I would only shoot it with the pinky extension.

But I got the model 19 first since it was such a deal and when a deal comes up again for a 26 I'll pick up one too.

I have seen the ext. slide release mentioned a lot, too. When I was at the range, I was just sling-shotting the slide. Definitely something I should look at if I rent again, honestly didn't even cross my mind. I, also, have smaller hands, and figured the 26 would still be too small. I don't care for the idea of the pinky hanging off. I guess the extension on the mag could help, but, honestly, I really liked the feel and size of the 19.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have seen the ext. slide release mentioned a lot, too. When I was at the range, I was just sling-shotting the slide. Definitely something I should look at if I rent again, honestly didn't even cross my mind. I, also, have smaller hands, and figured the 26 would still be too small. I don't care for the idea of the pinky hanging off. I guess the extension on the mag could help, but, honestly, I really liked the feel and size of the 19.

I have and carry a 26. The plus 2 from Pearce makes it comfy. Almost like a 19/23. Or a 32 which I also have, without the mag wiggle. And 12 reds doesn't hurt either.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:
quote:

I have and carry a 26. The plus 2 from Pearce makes it comfy. Almost like a 19/23. Or a 32 which I also have, without the mag wiggle. And 12 reds doesn't hurt either.

Hmm I really should at least try the 26 I suppose. Shoot them back to back since the range near me has both. I am unfortunately limited to 10 rounds, but the Pearce extensions look pretty nice. I just wouldn't be able to try it before I buy it. Ah well more to contemplate and I'll go back and forth a thousand times like I do with everything I buy that is worth some coin.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:
quote:

Hmm I really should at least try the 26 I suppose. Shoot them back to back since the range near me has both. I am unfortunately limited to 10 rounds, but the Pearce extensions look pretty nice. I just wouldn't be able to try it before I buy it. Ah well more to contemplate and I'll go back and forth a thousand times like I do with everything I buy that is worth some coin.

I prefer the original +0 extensions over the XL.

If you do end up with a 26 and buy an extension, try to find an older magazine with only the one magazine cutout, they fight tighter and less gap between the extension and magwell than the newer magazines.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you do end up with a 26 and buy an extension, try to find an older magazine with only the one magazine cutout, they fight tighter and less gap between the extension and magwell than the newer magazines.

I agree with this, I just (couple of months ago now) picked up a used Gen 3 Glock 26 with a custom grip reduction and stippling job. First time that I have ever liked a 26, the hump at the rear of the grip just doesn't do it for me.

I have a couple of mags for a 26 with the single cut out, they appear "tighter" so that I don't have pinching with the extensions. I spent a couple of weeks looking for some others, a couple of the LGS that I went to thought that I was crazy, I told them... "Maybe, then again Maybe not, but I'll pick up any single cutout 26 mags that you have."

I'm good to go now, have 5. I also tried the Magpul 12 round 26 mags, they work 100% and the best part, they come with an extension and no "pinching"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
I'm got the following;
Glock 19mos
Glock 26
Glock 43

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3613 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Good info. on the magazines, thanks! Checked out Magpul and they have 10 round mags for the 19, but not the 26. Thought that was interesting. The latest version of Glocks "legal" in CA is Gen 3, so would those magazines already work with the Pearce ext as a tight-fitting older magazine? Technically, we can buy a Gen 4 or 5 private party from another CA resident, but people are asking for ~ $1k. The Gen 3 can be had for half of that because they are on the lame-ass roster. I guess, also, going off that info., would there be any reason to spend twice as much to get a Gen 4 or 5 over the 3?

Bamf
posted Hide Post
I think Zev and Taran make awesome custom Glocks, but they are way overpriced. If you just want a new look, I can recommend Landers Weapons Systems. I absolutely love the quality of work, reasonable wait time, and fair prices he has.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Good info. on the magazines, thanks! Checked out Magpul and they have 10 round mags for the 19, but not the 26. Thought that was interesting. The latest version of Glocks "legal" in CA is Gen 3, so would those magazines already work with the Pearce ext as a tight-fitting older magazine? Technically, we can buy a Gen 4 or 5 private party from another CA resident, but people are asking for ~ $1k. The Gen 3 can be had for half of that because they are on the lame-ass roster. I guess, also, going off that info., would there be any reason to spend twice as much to get a Gen 4 or 5 over the 3?

I have about 4 different generation magazines and only the single cutout mags fit tight like described above.
The pearce mags fit on any of the magazines, but the ones with ambi cutouts leave a bit more gap and wiggle than the old mags.

I believe Glock changed the molds when they added ambi magazine releases, probably intentionally allowing more gap to allow more positive mag lockup.

Even Hyve suggests to not use the old single cutout mags because the tighter fit interferes with their extensions, but this is not an issue with the Pearce.

https://hyvetechnologiesbuilde...or-the-glock-262733/

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Zev and Taran make awesome custom Glocks, but they are way overpriced. If you just want a new look, I can recommend Landers Weapons Systems. I absolutely love the quality of work, reasonable wait time, and fair prices he has.

I think the movies have helped with Glock customizing, of which I am all for. It's nice to give a new perspective on a solid platform that has been ridiculed as the "block" for years. I like the looks of most of the ones I have seen. I would like to get a Grand Master by TTI but the cost,(although I understand the time/work that goes into them is not cheap) and wait times are more than I care for, mostly the wait times.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey all, Took wife to buy some blazer 9mm that was on sale for her sig 365, she goes, look they have the glock 43 on sale for $ 449, can I look at it. Guess what, she likey. Then we get come home, she sees vedder holsters has a labor sale. Love a woman that has a passion for quality handguns and actually practices and carries.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
quote:

I think the movies have helped with Glock customizing, of which I am all for. It's nice to give a new perspective on a solid platform that has been ridiculed as the "block" for years. I like the looks of most of the ones I have seen. I would like to get a Grand Master by TTI but the cost,(although I understand the time/work that goes into them is not cheap) and wait times are more than I care for, mostly the wait times.

Yeah I think I always saw and appreciated the utility and reliability of Glock, but I hated the way it felt in my hand. I can practice and be efficient with the grip angle.. I’m talking about that hump on the back strap. I would have never purchased a Glock if this customization industry hadn’t come along and gotten so affordable.

Garrett Landers at Landers Weapons Systems completely reshaped the grip for me and then added stippling. Now I don’t have that hump and the angle is easier for me to get used to. Then, everything else addressed how much I hated the cosmetics. In order for me to buy a Glock I needed it to look and feel nothing like a Glock - and that’s what I’ve got now. Maybe it’s silly to some, but I love it.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozzy14559:
Hey all, Took wife to buy some blazer 9mm that was on sale for her sig 365, she goes, look they have the glock 43 on sale for $ 449, can I look at it. Guess what, she likey. Then we get come home, she sees vedder holsters has a labor sale. Love a woman that has a passion for quality handguns and actually practices and carries.

You have excellent taste in guns as well as women, congrats!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozzy14559:

Indeed you are a lucky man, sir. I'm just fortunate that my wife doesn't put me out in the literal doghouse if I bring one too many gun-related 'merchandise' items home. But her evil 'you bought what?!?' eye still burns into one's very essence and boy does it hurt like the dickens. Eek

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Picked up a 19 and put the HD XR sight on it (it's my first with these sights; never heard of them until now. I've been using HD but was attracted to the thinner front post). BTW, question on this - why make the front thinner vs making the rear wider? Maybe it doesn't matter....

Anyway, it's been a loooonnng time since I've been to the range. Various things but in any case, long time. Perhaps not since late last year - I don't remember going out this year at all.

That being said, the groups are still okay. Not great but I'm keeping them w/in 2" at 12 yards. The problem is that I'm pulling left. Now, I've always pulled left (for whatever reason - pretty consistently) so all my glocks have the rear right more toward the right side of the frame.

However, I've move this sight all the way to the right (sight frame at the edge of the slide) and I'm still pulling left. Again, groups are typical of my level of competency. So, I'm not sure if it's me or the sights.

I'll try again in a week or so and bring one of my 19's that's spot on out to 25 yards (at least horizontally). Oh, I also notice that these sights on this glock likes to be dot over target. My other glocks are top of sight over target. I'd still keep things in the A zone for all glocks out to 25 yards but there is a difference in centers between this and the others.

Trigger sucks on this one. I'll change it out to a ghost connector before I got out next time. I knew before hitting the range but wanted to try out the new glock as-is first.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I got close-er onece or twice, but I still haven't bought a Glockola. I like the idea of the Glock in terms of design and materials, but I hate the grip angle. Why would Glock NOT use the 1911 grip angle that works for Everybody ? I don't understand why Glock neglects the market that likes the more traditional grip angle. Makes zero sense to me. If the Glock had a better grip angle, I would have got the big 20 for the 10mm for woods carry, scouting, hiking etc. As far as I know, the big 20 is the lightest most soft shooting high cap 10 in existance. I like that. But I can't live with the querky grip angle. I bring a glock up the same way I do all my guns, revolver or auto alike, and the damn Glock isn't pointing where I'm looking. Makes me crazy because I want one but I can't have one. What good is the mighty 20 to me if I can't point it instinctively ? Maybe I'm just too old fashioned and out of datel.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Buy one. Use it. You may get used to it. If not, put it in the safe or sell it. Glocks are relatively cheap compared to sigs, hk, et al. You can try to resist but if you give it a chance, likely you’ll have a bunch quick. Wink.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G45 today. My first Glock. I have resisted because I mostly shoot cast bullet reloads. But I figured I should probably have a Glock. I like the features, full size frame with shorter barrel and slide. It reminds me of a Colt Commander.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post