SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskytaio:
I don't understand the complaints about the 40 recoil. Both my Glock 27 and 23 Gen 4 seem to recoil less than my 229/40 and even my Sig 228 9mm.

+1 Same to me.

Posts: 248 | Location: FL | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
While not an avid fan, I just ordered another one Smile

Summit Gun Broker has some gen 2 G17's and G19's, so I ordered me a G17. I really like the gen 4's, but there is something classic about the gen 2 Glock 17's (it was hard not to get one of each, but I just bought a gen 4 G19).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
All throughout the 260 pages of this thread, you'll find comments just like this. I defy anyone to show me another firearm which elicits comments such as "I don't like Glocks, but I own 7 of them".

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of velvetshnitz
posted Hide Post
I have a similar love/hate thing with glock that I do with 1911's. Those are my first adult platforms, I try to get away.... for flashier, more german like guns... but I buy more glocks, and more 1911's. I can't argue with the shootability and dependability that glock offers at such a reasonable price... plus the compact size of the G19 is pretty much the ideal size for an all around gun, plus it's light weight... the 1911 thing is purely aesthetic.... One day I'll buy a Wilson 1911 and jsut be done wiht it.

Dave

-SIG-Sauer P226R 9mm
-SIG-Sauer P226 9mm
-HK P2000sk V3 9mm
-HK P30 V3 9mm
-Glock 19
-Glock 20 Gen 4
-S&W 686 3 inch
-S&W M&P9
-BCM 14.5 carbine
-Arsenal SLR 107Cr

Posts: 1156 | Location: Monroe, WA | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by velvetshnitz:
I have a similar love/hate thing with glock that I do with 1911's. Those are my first adult platforms, I try to get away.... for flashier, more german like guns... but I buy more glocks, and more 1911's. I can't argue with the shootability and dependability that glock offers at such a reasonable price... plus the compact size of the G19 is pretty much the ideal size for an all around gun, plus it's light weight... the 1911 thing is purely aesthetic.... One day I'll buy a Wilson 1911 and jsut be done wiht it.

I wanted to love the 1911 platform.
Bought and sold 5 of them.
Tried the EMP for carry for over a year..
But I felt that short SA trigger was much too short for CCW.

I need a little slack in my carry trigger.
After carrying a DAK P239 for a few years, I got into Glocks..

I'd love to buy an Ed brown 1911, but I bet I'd sell it after it sat in the safe for a couple years..
I've got no time for safe queens..
Except for these safe queens... Big Grin
BTW, I've since sold that EMP...

But I will admit, I've been thinking hard about buying a HK P2000sk V3 9mm.
I had an LEM UPSc that I wasn't all that impressed with.
But that HK P2000sk V3 9mm is calling my name...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
As you probably know by now, there are many who may ask, what makes a Glock so good ?

In the beginning, Gaston Glock had enormous good fortune. He designed this gun originally for the Austrian Army, and that timing was determined by much deeper history.
The pistols that the Austrian Army had been using since World War II were falling apart and they needed something new, so he put his hand up and, to everyone’s surprise in Austria, was able to get together with various experts and win this contract and introduce this very innovative pistol.
Basically, in the same way that American auto manufacturers were caught with their pants down a decade earlier by cheaper, more durable, more efficiently made Japanese and German cars, the American gun establishment was caught unaware by Gaston Glock.
And before they knew it, he had made this huge incursion on their market. Once he won over the police, he used that as leverage to win attention in the larger and more lucrative civilian market.

There is no better way to get attention for a gun than to suggest it’s extremely potent and effective.

Glock has had a big impact elsewhere, but more as a police and military weapon. And the explanation is quite straightforward: The United States is by far the biggest and richest civilian gun market in the world.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
All throughout the 260 pages of this thread, you'll find comments just like this. I defy anyone to show me another firearm which elicits comments such as "I don't like Glocks, but I own 7 of them".

I can't think of one. I haven't ever really heard a substantive reason why people who don't like them, don't like them. It almost always boils down to "I think their ugly," and ultimately, that's an incredible compliment.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1000Acres
posted Hide Post
I picked up one of these at the SHOT Show and was impressed. Sigs are still favorite but this isn't bad. Glock 30S, .45 ACP PNW Arms Defensive Trainer.

Posts: 24 | Location: Northern Idaho | Registered: April 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1000Acres:
I picked up one of these at the SHOT Show and was impressed.

Sigs are still favorite but this isn't bad. Glock 30S, .45 ACP PNW Arms Defensive Trainer.

Big fan of my G30S..
Trying to figure out what sights I want on it..
Give the Pearce mag base plate a try, I like 'em..

Glocks are now my favorite, but I'll never sell my WG P226..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1000Acres
posted Hide Post
Thanks 1lowlife, it looks much better with the Pearce mag plate. Just bought the last two from Amazon.

Posts: 24 | Location: Northern Idaho | Registered: April 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Well, today I am finally able to post in this thread. Went to the LGS with my daughter and her brand-new husband to shop for her first pistol since she turned 21 yesterday. I was really shocked at how well-stocked the store is these days and they seem to have just about every model of Glock on hand. So while she ended up with a G26, I walked away with the Gen4 G19 that I have been looking for. Oh, happy days. Now we just have to get out and try them.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mboroman:
Well, today I am finally able to post in this thread. Went to the LGS with my daughter and her brand-new husband to shop for her first pistol since she turned 21 yesterday. I was really shocked at how well-stocked the store is these days and they seem to have just about every model of Glock on hand. So while she ended up with a G26, I walked away with the Gen4 G19 that I have been looking for. Oh, happy days. Now we just have to get out and try them.

Well the G26 gen 4 was my first Glock and the handgun that I will be using in the clustersf-ck of a 16 hour CCW class in Ill. Now I need to find a holster, all suggestions welcome. MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally got around to doing it, I bought a glock 19. I knew I would get one eventually and I am still a die hard sig fan, but I don't see what all the glock complaints are all about. Mine fired just fine. The grip angle is different from the sig, that was evident the first time I brought the gun up to sight in on my target, but it's not so bad that I wasn't able to get used to it after about 50 rounds. I'll probably still keep my P228 as my carry gun, but a glock 19 would be a fine alternate.

Posts: 25 | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Be patient ... and you'll notice the G19 sneaking into your carry rotation .. Wink

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mboroman:

A coworker recently came back from a trip visiting family back in Kansas...he reported the same thing there...plenty of guns in the shops, including Glocks. Out here in Leftist Land, we just got a whopping three Glocks in, which is three more than what we've had in the past 6 weeks.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Welcome back my friends to the thread that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside, come inside.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
The Cap sights for my G30S arrived yesterday.
I bought them on recommendation of others here.
Had I-dots on a G19, but I think I'm going to like these better.
Hope to get them installed over this 3 day weekend.
Finally get to use that Glock pusher I bought last year..

Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Those CAPS are my absolute favorite sites, ever. Period.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
I will get one.......someday, if I live long enough. Lots and lots of others I'll get first though. BTP says it is the number one SHTF hand gun! Like the AK rifle (all those hundreds of millions of commies can't be all wrong!) The Glocks go bang every time no matter the abuse/misuse.

Can I shoot accurately with one? NO, but I can hit center mass at pistol ranges, and as they say, "that should be good enough for government work."

Besides Para, and all the rest of you Glock lovers, I've got too many family LEO, and friends who swear by them, love them, and don't leave home without them.

Besides my wife got a twinkle in her eyes fondling a friends.......er.....Glock I mean!!!! Having her onboard is half the battle.

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George85019:
I will get one.......someday, if I live long enough. Lots and lots of others I'll get first though. BTP says it is the number one SHTF hand gun! Like the AK rifle (all those hundreds of millions of commies can't be all wrong!) The Glocks go bang every time no matter the abuse/misuse.

Can I shoot accurately with one? NO, but I can hit center mass at pistol ranges, and as they say, "that should be good enough for government work."

Besides Para, and all the rest of you Glock lovers, I've got too many family LEO, and friends who swear by them, love them, and don't leave home without them.

Besides my wife got a twinkle in her eyes fondling a friends.......er.....Glock I mean!!!! Having her onboard is half the battle.

Start with a G19 or G17, the older the better.. Big Grin