SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
FishOn, when I'm up in the woods, I carry my 20 in an old Galco shoulder holster. It rides confortably enough to wear it all day, but shoulder straps do conflict at times. Since there are 3 differant width harnesses, you can pick the one that works best for you. I've considered a thigh rig but just don't feel like buying another holster for it.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it finally happened. After entering many raffles I won a Glock 19 gen 4 in a raffle at my Sportsmen's club last Sunday.

Now the problem.....I'm a huge Sig fan and really like the P320. I'm afraid after shooting the Glock it I might like it and be drawn over to the darkside. Is it true....once you go to the darkside you can never come back?

Posts: 103 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarkW:
Is it true....once you go to the darkside you can never come back?

Nope. I'm probably one of the bigger Glock fans on the forum, and I still like/own/shoot other handguns.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Just bought a friend's G17 Gen 4. In the past, I've owned a G23,G19,G22 and a G30. I'll give the G17 an honest try.

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
So it finally happened. After entering many raffles I won a Glock 19 gen 4 in a raffle at my Sportsmen's club last Sunday.

Now the problem.....I'm a huge Sig fan and really like the P320. I'm afraid after shooting the Glock it I might like it and be drawn over to the darkside. Is it true....once you go to the darkside you can never come back?

Resistance is futile.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
Resistance is futile.

I was afraid of this. At lunch today I found myself opening the safe just so I could touch her again.

Posts: 103 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm A huge sig fan as well and had a 320 now I only have glocks, I just shoot them better then anything I have ever owned. Wish I would have done it years ago would have saved a bunch of trial and error guns.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking this is a zombie thread ...

... It's 8.25 years old and it just won't die!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goes to show, Glocks always live on.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, I prefer to view it as a Methuselah thread... Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I'm A huge sig fan as well and had a 320 now I only have glocks, I just shoot them better then anything I have ever owned. Wish I would have done it years ago would have saved a bunch of trial and error guns.
Pretty much this.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned a Glock 19, both gen 2 and 3 since 92 but I've never had a Gen 4. The darkness kept calling to me, so I gave in and a Gen 4 summer special is supposed to arrive later today.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I've owned a Glock 19, both gen 2 and 3 since 92 but I've never had a Gen 4. The darkness kept calling to me, so I gave in and a Gen 4 summer special is supposed to arrive later today.

I picked up my G19 FS this month. I'm very happy with it.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just put in for one of the "OD" Glock 19s in California. I may as well pickup an oddly colored polymer pistol. I never quite liked the gen3 frontstrap texture, but it is not a deal killer.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a Gen4 g 19 with frying pan finish. I thought that went out before the gen 4s.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Just picked up a Gen4 g 19 with frying pan finish. I thought that went out before the gen 4s.

The first few years of Gen 4 production had the old style finish.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't got to shoot it yet but I'm very surprised at how good the trigger is on the new gen 4 g19 I just got. I have a gen 3 with a 3.5# connector and the new 19 has a shorter pull, a nicer, lighter, more solid break with hardly any mush. Not quite as crisp as a P320 or VP9 but a big improvement over past Glock triggers. My only complaint is the finish, it looks really thin, like I could rub my finger really hard and it would come off.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I haven't got to shoot it yet but I'm very surprised at how good the trigger is on the new gen 4 g19 I just got. I have a gen 3 with a 3.5# connector and the new 19 has a shorter pull, a nicer, lighter, more solid break with hardly any mush. Not quite as crisp as a P320 or VP9 but a big improvement over past Glock triggers. My only complaint is the finish, it looks really thin, like I could rub my finger really hard and it would come off.

I have a new g26 with a thin finish that wears easily but the trigger is fantastic. I have an older model gen 4 g19 with the tough frying pan finish but a gritty stiff trigger. Guess Which one I enjoy shooting more.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

I have a new g26 with a thin finish that wears easily but the trigger is fantastic. I have an older model gen 4 g19 with the tough frying pan finish but a gritty stiff trigger. Guess Which one I enjoy shooting more.

Do the $.50 trigger job! You'll like it even more!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The new finish shows cosmetic wear more quickly, but the metal itself is still just as protected as before.