SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Campusninja:

glock 30s

^ Nice..

If that grooved faced trigger bothers you, it can be replaced with a smooth faced G20 trigger.

LWD Trigger with Trigger Bar Fits G20,21 & SF Models

I get 99% of my Glock parts from this eBay seller, free and fast shipping..

NDZ Performance on eBay free shipping

Also a 9rd mag makes it even more concealable IMHO..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, why are you hanging around the bath house?

I guess some people just like to hang around for the "eye candy"... Big Grin Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn I read this again decided to register for the GSSF. Now they sent me a voucher for a discount. What to do..... Do I get my first 17 or get another 19 ? Truth be told I have a few 19's and have been shooting them since the mid 90' s. I figured I should try a 17. What do you think.

Posts: 403 | Location: St.Louis, MO | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Try out the 17... Smile

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Try out the 17... Smile

^ Hells ya....

I like to bitch about finger grooves but they are OK on the full sized frames.
Since buying my Gen 3 G22, I've bought a G31 barrel and a G34 upper (slide and barrel) for it... Eek

Go for the 17 in the Gen of your choice.... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1lowlife,
You made me laugh! I will call the shop in the morning. I am just such a creature of habit.

Posts: 403 | Location: St.Louis, MO | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Yes, get the 17.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please lock & bury this thread! Shred it and toss it into the far off corners of the inter-webs!

I was just fine with a G-21 and a G-30 years ago. Perfectly fine, I tell ya!

I've had my eye out for a G-17 or possibly a G-19 in the RTF-2, if one comes along for a good price, and it's close, I'll snatch it up.

Since then, and this thread, I've picked up a Gen3 G-17. Now my Department approves a G41 and a G-42. Wink

My Crack Gun dealer lives across the alley from me, and was showing me the G-42. I like the feel of it, then my loving Wife comes out.

"Hey, Babe, take a look at this."

Well, guess what fits her hand perfectly? And I cant get her one without getting myself one. Cool

And, the way I see it, it's just natural to have a G-41 to go along with the G-21 & G-30. How could you not have a G-41 when you have the 21 & 30?

Plus extra magazines...

And ammo...

And holsters...

This thread is costing me money! Big Grin

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Alright, got the Vickers G42 parts installed Thursday.
The Vickers mag release really isn't bigger than the stock one, it is just shaped differently.
If anything, it is actually smaller, and I like it.

Stock:

Vickers:

And if you are going to swap a mag release on a Glock, you better have a tool like this to do it with...
Also hold your finger on the mag release to hold it still while manipulating the spring out of the groove it sits in.
That spring is a bitch to get out with a small screwdriver.
The pointed and hooked end really made it easier....

Mag bases:
I also like the Vickers mag extensions over the Pearce extensions..
I like that the Vickers is shorter than the Pearce.

The Vickers Gen 4 mag release is pretty sweet..

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
And to top it off, I put a smooth faced G17 trigger in my G33... Cool

Plus a little sumpthin' sumpthin'.... Big Grin

One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
1lowlife have you shot your 33 yet in comparison to the 26? I was just looking at a 33 in my local GS... It would be a good match to my 239 357sig... Nice parts swap on your others... That small extension and mag release make the 42.... and any Gen 4.. I'd imagine..

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
1lowlife have you shot your 33 yet in comparison to the 26? I was just looking at a 33 in my local GS... It would be a good match to my 239 357sig... Nice parts swap on your others... That small extension and mag release make the 42.... and any Gen 4.. I'd imagine..

No, working 60 hour weeks.
Trying to get the wife to go to the range with me to shoot the G42.
If she likes it, I want to sell her Beretta mini cougar.

I've yet to shoot my G33 or my G34 upper I bought for my G22.
I may try to go tomorrow if I can, either with or without her..

One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Smile $475 for a new 33 gen3 I think that 42 is great you added nice realistic upgrades. With our single shot going away as our Gov (brown) moonbeam and liberal legislature outlawed our work around... the 42 will be impossible to get now...

Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Campusninja:

glock 30s

Very nice 30S Campusninja. I will be looking into this one.

Hmm... this has become one of my favorite threads on the SIGfroum... Razz

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:

Between the thread itself (being on Sigforum) and the OP that started it ( ) , it seems a little ironic... Cool
But since reading this thread, I've sold several Sigs to buy several Glocks... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Between the thread itself (being on Sigforum) and the OP that started it ( ) , it seems a little ironic... Cool
But since reading this thread, I've sold several Sigs to buy several Glocks... Big Grin

Yes. Ironic. SIGforum got me interested in Glocks. Two of my SIG pistols have turned into Glock pistols.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks a freakin' lot!!!!!!

Now I have to buy a Hello Kitty plug for my daughter's 19. (I gave her my old gen2 19 when I bought a gen4 19)

Note to self: don't view thread while daughter is watching...

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think a while back (likely on this thread) that I suggested to Para that he rope in the Glockforum URL, start another site, and give Glocktalk a run for it's money.

quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Yes. Ironic. SIGforum got me interested in Glocks. Two of my SIG pistols have turned into Glock pistols.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ranger20 I'm going to the range today..
Taking the G26, G33 (also the G27 barrel), G42, and the G22 with the G34 slide...
Too bad I don't have my G21 slide back from CCR yet, but I hear it is on the way..

One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
It will be good to hear you take on it..vs the 26... and 27 set up.. I've had the 27 and 26..Prefered the 26... However in my In my 239 I prefer the 357... to 40 and 357sig it's close enough to +p+ 9mm to make 357 an easy choice. +p+ 9mm is the same cost as 357sig SD ammo...

I'm set on the 239 357 and thinking a Glock 33 might just be the ticket replacing my J frame and my Glock 36... and will simplify my Carry Ammo...

THANKS! Smile