SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well I thought I was done with Glock, at least for awhile. I just got bored with them... but yesterday this Gen 5 MOS, G19 crept into my safe.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
1lowlife

Those photos showing the laser engravings are something else. Amazing what the imagination can do.

My favorite is the Polynesian style.

I viewed the darkalliance website. Can't believe the creations they have done (view gallery).

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
There is a page I follow on Instagram, shark coast tactical. They have a brick and mortar store, and they also do laser engraving, among other things. Pretty amazing work, check out their website or their Instagram page.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I feel like I need my first Glock. The 320 might woo me away though. I don’t think I’ve ever even fondled a Glock believe it or not.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I feel like I need my first Glock. The 320 might woo me away though. I don’t think I’ve ever even fondled a Glock believe it or not.

If I could only have one, it would be the Glock 45..
Followed by a Glock 43X..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm the last hold out and have no plans to change.... besides the stupid weird double trigger that I still can't figure out how it is a safety... just about every Glock I've seen just does not appeal to me..

I know one event should not mean much, but the one time I shot a Glock 19* (I think it was) I limp wristed it repeatedly.... I've shot some others over time and they were okay...and I mean, just okay. I do own a Ruger LC9, carried it for a few years, and a Sig P320 with both a laser and Romeo sight... just for fun.... of course both are striker fired and they are also 'okay'.. but what I still fall back on is DA/SA. Must be me, too old to move, in more ways than one.

Then again, I think the best looking handgun I own is a copy of a 1860 Army Colt.

*I shot a Glock 18 a few years back, now that was a waste of good ammo.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
“Your gun is made of plastic? Ha Ha!”
(Years later...)
That guy shoots his glock really well.
(Years later..)
“They’re good guns, just not for me.”
(Years later...)
Glock 21sf lnib for $300.
“This will be fun to try out. I KNOW I wont like it though. I have a sweet 1911”
Ohmygawd, this thing is way better to shoot than my 1911. Oh no...
(3 months later...)
Gen 2 Glock 19 for $275..
“Oh, hell yes!”

—————————————————-
Rights do not require a need for them to be demonstrated. Otherwise they would be privileges.

Posts: 24 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: December 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
besides the stupid weird double trigger that I still can't figure out how it is a safety...

It's all in the physics. With some deliberation the answer will reveal itself. By that time, you too will become one of the collective.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I know one event should not mean much...
No, it doesn't mean anything at all. No one gives a shit, beyond wondering why you're trolling this thread, and this isnt the first trolling you've done lately in this forum, and don't ask me what I'm talking about.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then again, I think the best looking handgun I own is a copy of a 1860 Army Colt.

Ah. OK.....

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post

Yep. I got one again. Smile

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You will buy a Glock

Well, yeah ... but I'm not as inGlock-fected as some guys are ...

Gen2, 19 and 26, Gen 3 23 and ... a Gen1(?) 43

But you didn't warn that I (we) might buy several!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MidWesternBoy:
“Your gun is made of plastic? Ha Ha!”
(Years later...)
That guy shoots his glock really well.
(Years later..)
“They’re good guns, just not for me.”
(Years later...)
Glock 21sf lnib for $300.
“This will be fun to try out. I KNOW I wont like it though. I have a sweet 1911”
Ohmygawd, this thing is way better to shoot than my 1911. Oh no...
(3 months later...)
Gen 2 Glock 19 for $275..
“Oh, hell yes!”

My progression was somewhat similar to what MidWesternBoy said. I thought for years that Sigs and 1911's were the only frames that fit my hand just right, damn, was I full of shit. Just put money down on a G40 MOS 10mm boomstick to add to the collection. You know, for bears, aliens, zombie hogs & shit prancing in the backyard after dark. Jus'sayin'.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
Because of this thread I bought a Glock. I eventually sold off all my Sigs and have a stable full of Glock's now.

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
My progression was somewhat similar to what MidWesternBoy said. I thought for years that Sigs and 1911's were the only frames that fit my hand just right, damn, was I full of shit. Just put money down on a G40 MOS 10mm boomstick to add to the collection. You know, for bears, aliens, zombie hogs & shit prancing in the backyard after dark. Jus'sayin'.

I just spotted a used 34MOS for good price at lgs.
Digging through my safe now to see what I can trade.
Life comes at you fast. Lol.
The upside is, they are so dang easy to work on!

—————————————————-
Rights do not require a need for them to be demonstrated. Otherwise they would be privileges.

Posts: 24 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: December 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
G19 Gen 5 MOS, blue label pricing for Veteran's Day. Austria made and no half moon cut out.
I am pleased.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

When I read this, my left arm went numb. You have to have at least one Glock or two or three or...

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MidWesternBoy:
The upside is, they are so dang easy to work on!

Yeah, but that makes them too easy to customize. Like a Lego set with bullets. That is where I get lead astray. I wonder if they made a Glock in...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
I like Glocks. My lil 42 works great with the new black box Winchester Ranger T Series. I run mine dirty without field strip and cleaning and its very reliable.

Any questions about it just ask me.

pic in gallery!

Posts: 4328 | Location: A hop, skip and a jump from the bayou. S East Tx, USA | Registered: October 13, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luis:
I like Glocks. My lil 42 works great with the new black box Winchester Ranger T Series. I run mine dirty without field strip and cleaning and its very reliable.

Any questions about it just ask me.

pic in gallery!

Pic deserves to be in this thread.. Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post