SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yup, ordered a G45 today.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
If only I could have waited it out. Mad
Might have to sell my baby poop 19X and get a G45.. Big Grin

But then again maybe keep the 19X for the longer front strap, 19 rd mags, and night sights.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
so the designation 45 ... is for a 9mm?

Ironic, I realize it was probably the next number in their line up but I wonder why they didn't make it a 45 caliber?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

Ironic, I realize it was probably the next number in their line up but I wonder why they didn't make it a 45 caliber?

Because Glock model numbers have no correlation to caliber. None. Never have.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Keep both. My 19X night sights I gave away since the gen5 sights don't work for me. I'm standardizing on Ameriglo Agent gen3/4 sights on all my Glocks.

I already ordered a set for my Glock 45 which I'm told will be ready for pickup next Friday. I will make a spot for it in my 19X case. I also have a TLR-7 ready for the 45 as well.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

Because Glock model numbers have no correlation to caliber. None. Never have.

Yep, that's why I said "I realize it was probably the next number in their line up"

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I re-entered the glock ownership with an FDE G17 3rd gen. New for mid-$400's. May never shoot it, but its there for the collection.

Wish I never sold the G20c from the 1990's though.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine shipped, will be at the FFL Tuesday.

Ameriglo Agents and an OEM extended slide release on the way as well.

Already plenty of 17/19/21/22rd mags around. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:
I don't believe you.
...and then you say:
quote:
I've tried 3 times to buy a Glock. Every time I've left the store with the Pistol I was comparing it to.
You, sir, are a latent glockosexual. Here's a couple of passes to the bath house.
quote:
The one time I bought one was the G43 and I went in without a comparison.
Oh, I spoke too soon. There's no latency, but you are in denial.

You have, in fact, bought a Glock and it's only a matter of time before you give yourself over fully.

You know what they say- bipistolality is just a stopover on the way to Glockville.

Sorry, Big Grin but the G43 is no more. I didn't like it, and never shot it, so there was just no reason to own it.

I stand by my original theory: you either love them, hate them, or modify them until you like them.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
How do you know you don’t like it if you don’t shoot it?

That’s like my kids saying they don’t like foods they’ve never tried

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I see that you used your bath house passes. It's OK. You're among friends. Smile

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Gen 5 MOS models intrigue me, this coming weekend I may need to check them out (if a LGS to me has them).

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I gave in and got my first in 15 years. Got a 43 used at Cabela’s. It looked new and the price was right. All that’s left is some range time and finding a holster.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup G45 came in today.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Bought and picking up two more: G26 Gen 5, G19 MOS Gen 5.

In a couple months, my department is transitioning from 15+ year old Sig 229s to the G17 Gen 5.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Traded for a g4 34 a few weeks back. It's a known shooter from a friend so I am not freaked out about the fact that I still haven't shot it! I think I need a 17 and then I can rest easy until spring when I decide i need a 26 or 43. Lol

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
How do you know you don’t like it if you don’t shoot it?

That’s like my kids saying they don’t like foods they’ve never tried

Maybe I should clarify. I shot it quite a bit. I tried to get to where I liked it. After quite a bit of shooting I found that I took it to the range less and less. I always wanted to shoot something else. After a while I found I was just leaving it in the safe, or putting it in my range bag, but shooting something else. All because I never got to where I liked shooting it. So I finally decided to sell it.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The thread title doesn't only mean that you will, in the future, buy a Glock at some point. It also applies to present and former owners.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I still don’t have one

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted H.:
I still don’t have one

Eventually, when you least expect it, you’ll just realize that you can’t live without one.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post