SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
Can't believe this is still around. I now own all but the small 10mm and the .45s.

Posts: 3471 | Location: Where It's Hot & Humid | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got my first Glock this past week, a 43. I have owned guns 40+ years. I guess it was about time. Lol

Posts: 27 | Registered: September 29, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Well, after many years of saying "Oh no, I will NOT buy a Glock!", I did. Found a Gen 4 G21 at a LGS last week, bought it, and shot it on Saturday. Even with the smallest backstrap it's still at the outer limit of what I can manage with my smallish hands.

I took my Springfield 1911 along too and shot them side by side, both offhand and from sandbags. The 1911 shot better groups (about 1/3 the size) from the bags, but I probably have to qualify that on a couple of counts. I'm much more accustomed to the 1911, and I only had one flavor of ammo to use (WW white box). Offhand, the difference was not as pronounced, which is probably more a testament to the fact that I shoot any handgun pretty abysmally.

That said, the G21 is noticeably softer shooting than the 1911, and I enjoyed shooting it. With the small backstrap I did NOT have to fight the G21 to keep the sight on target. I'll definitely be taking it back out again soon, and with a larger variety of ammo. I expect that over time both my comfort level with it and the group size will improve.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Gen 4 is designed to be fired without the backstrap, with the idea that you can add them as required. The G21 Gen 4 without the backstrap is the same size and dimension as the G21SF (short frame).

If the smallest backstrap is too much, just take off the backstrap and shoot it without. A lot of us do.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The Gen 4 is designed to be fired without the backstrap, with the idea that you can add them as required. The G21 Gen 4 without the backstrap is the same size and dimension as the G21SF (short frame).

If the smallest backstrap is too much, just take off the backstrap and shoot it without. A lot of us do.

Sorry, poor communication on my part. I did shoot it in the no-added-backstrap configuration, not using any of the included optional ones. Every grip has a backstrap, it's only recently that they've started to become interchangeable.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ You'll love it. Trust us. Smile

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
With regard to Glock's backstrap system- I am so glad that I do not need to use their backstraps, because the way these backstraps attach to Glocks feels flimsy to me. The crosspin securing the backstrap is substantially smaller in diameter than the holes in the backstrap through which this pin passes. Looks like shit, feels like shit.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^I couldn't agree more. For those of us with big mitts, I wish Glock would just make a larger tang/beaver tail. Maybe we will see it on the Gen 6 Wink. It wouldn't even have to be that much. I love the feel of the grip without the extra back straps but I can't use it without one,unless I want extra pain and bleeding.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
"You will buy another Glock"

Yep... I just got my long awaited black G48. I opted for the Amariglo Bold sights with are awesome IMO. I really like the new black slide finish the new Gen5s have. It's a nice pistol and very comfortable. Only put 100rnds. of Fiocchi through it so far but it's on its way to becoming my primary carry.

The trigger seems quite a bit different than any of my other Glocks in the take-up. It's pretty spongy. I'm sure as I get more rounds down range with it I will become more comfortable with it.

Now, I'm looking at holsters. The whole gambit. For IWB Hybrid options I'm looking at are Detroit Holster's "Woodward", Crossbreed "SuperTuck", Alien Gear "Cloak Tuck". IWB options are JM Kydex's IWB 3. And of course, no holster search would be complete without thinking about a Galco Miami Classic.

I hope those 15rnd mags pan out and end up being manufactured by MecGar, but I'm happy with factory stock and maybe some ETS mags.

All in all it's a great gun!!! Only gripe was it's the first blue line pistol that I bought that only comes with two mags. Confused

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today I was going through my inventory and found that I did not have four on the list.
So I guess that means that I bought four Glocks recently.
Two G34's,G35 and a G19 gen5.

Been shooting the G34'S a lot in IDPA and USPSA.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post
I'm still a proud lifetime Glockless. The OP and my fanboy friends have put plenty of pressure on me over the 10 years of this thread but I've always found something else to better fill a perceived need in my collection. I even finally got a couple of plastic, striker-fired guns I like and use, but no Glocks.

I've even come to believe they are fine guns and completely appropriate for some situations - just not me.

Still Glockless in North Georgia

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buster30290:
I just traded a Sig for a Glock

Did you forget about this one? Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Oh snap!

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
quote:
Originally posted by Buster30290:
I just traded a Sig for a Glock

Did you forget about this one? Big Grin

Well, I guess he didn't technically BUY a Glock ... Confused

But a nice find indeed JWF.. Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Buster, Buster, Buster

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
You're in a safe place here man. You don't need to be ashamed and keep your plastic fetish in the closet.
Be loud n' proud!

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
^^^^I couldn't agree more. For those of us with big mitts, I wish Glock would just make a larger tang/beaver tail. Maybe we will see it on the Gen 6 Wink. It wouldn't even have to be that much. I love the feel of the grip without the extra back straps but I can't use it without one,unless I want extra pain and bleeding.

You know, the G42 was kinda considered at the time it came out to be a "Gen 4.5" gun or a good glimpse at what was coming next, and it was in a lot of ways. But the one thing they did with the G42 that they should have also done with the Gen 5 19 (besides no half moon cutout) is the added slight beavertail to the grip frame. It makes such a difference. Almost all of the Glocks I've owned have given me slide tracks at every range session. My Gen 4 19 with a beavertail doesn't, my Gen 2 19 with an aftermarket beavertail doesn't, but my G42 has never done it to me. I wish they'd carry that feature over to the bigger guns in the lineup. It's such a slight difference and if people want backstraps, oh well, produce a new version of them with a designator on it.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Since the Gen 5's have no finger grooves, I might go back....

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Well, it happened. After 15 years since buying my first handgun- I finally own a Glock...
Glock 19 Gen5 MOS....my P220 Combat will be jealous.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I scoffed at this thread when I first joined here. Now, I have a G19 under my desk at work, a G17 on top of the bookcase by the front door, a G21 beside the bed, a G26 because I apparently dig wearing bricks strapped on the ankle, another G19 in my closet...

Turn off the light, these friggin' things breed like rats. Pretty sure it's Para's fault.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post