SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
So, I'm a bit behind the curve on all this...

what is y'alls opinion (both good and bad) on a Generation 3 Glock 32?

I have a Gen 3 Glock 32 RTF and love it. Great gun.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to find a Gen 5 23 and add a 357 sig barrel but I finally gave up when I found a new G32...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I don't have any problems with my 30-year old Gen 1 G22

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those CPII Glocks look great.

I feel like the gen5 .40s will be a dangerous thing for me to hold, or at least dangerous for my budget.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel like the gen5 .40s will be a dangerous thing for me to hold, or at least dangerous for my budget.

That's how I feel about the Gen5 G22. It really DOES feel great in my hands. Tough as they've been to get we've so far only had one each of the G22 and G23 come into and out of our inventory. With their wider slides the guns are definitely more top heavy than earlier generations, and it's already been discussed on how they'll typically require new holsters because of their thicker slides. But boy, did that G22 feel just right in my Glock-infused hands. I've not been that crazy about the ergonomics of the Gen5 G19 so it wasn't much of a surprise that I felt the same about the new G23; I just don't like how pronounced the backstrap hump feels on the Gen5 compacts. But the full-size Gen5 frames are as close to my ideal in form and fit as any Glock ever made has been. I don't have a need for another G22 but if Glock were to make and offer a .40S&W version of the G45, now THAT would get me off the fence.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

Wow, and I thought Gen 1 19s were rare.
Is that a prototype pistol?

It was my understanding Gen1 frames were discontinued 1988.
Glock G20, G21, G22, G23 introduced two years later in 1990.

I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I looked at a few today. A Gen 5 G17 two tone and a wickid enticing G41. That long slide has me smittin if my H&K dont happen. I like there is no slide port and adjustable rear sight. I pull that horse pistol outta my britches and they'll say.." Look how big it is." Big Grin. The G41 is a pretty nice full size. Keeping all options front and center. Even a small stash of Sig 10mm ammo I found.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

I hadn't realized that Gen 1 frames stopped being made in '88.
I guess I have a Gen 2, then. Its still 30 years old. Wink

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

I hadn't realized that Gen 1 frames stopped being made in '88.
I guess I have a Gen 2, then. Its still 30 years old. Wink

We don't have to guess if you can take a pic and post it. Pics are encouraged in this thread. Particularly if they are 30 yrs. old.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Pics are encouraged in this thread. Particularly if they are 30 yrs. old.

My beater Gen 2 17 was made in 5/1990.
It has a 5 digit serial alpha/number.

My Gen 2 21 was mage in 8/1991, almost 30... Big Grin
It also has a 5 digit serial alpha/number

After CCRs Ceraplate.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well I finally got to my gun club's pistol range and it was not crowded and was able to 'prove' the Glock 32c I purchased from Vanquish here... I get the feeling he gave me a real deal...

If y'all will recall, I bought this to go with the TNW 'pistol' I purchased. The Glock is now my work vehicle handgun... secured away but in easy reach. That puppy is about as accurate as they get at least from what I can tell with my limited abilities.... but I will say the recoil as well as upward muzzle blast is not for the faint at heart.

I also need to thank the fellow forum member that sent me the absolutely brand new Glock Pistol case.. SW4566 I think.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G19 . A couple of years later I bought a G43 for concealed carry . After my son graduated the academy I gave him the the G43 . I replaced it with a P365 . Honestly , I liked the G43 better .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Well bought a new glock 43X mos yesterday. I was able to find 3 shield arms 15 round mags. Now just got to pick out a micro rmr. I must admit its much easier to carry than the 19.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dyingtime,

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have to make a confession here...

One of the reason I have not liked Glocks and said so too often on this forum as well as others it I thought they were ugly.....

You know they don't look that bad once you own one....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just took advantage of Glock's blue label program and ordered a gen 5 G19 and got a G48 for my son. It looks like it'll be a long wait before I find some shield arms magazines for it though.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I just took advantage of Glock's blue label program and ordered a gen 5 G19 and got a G48 for my son. It looks like it'll be a long wait before I find some shield arms magazines for it though.

I've ordered Shield mags twice.
Bought 2, then bought 1 more with the mag catch.
First order back in October took a month, the second order last month only took 3 weeks..
I thought it would be longer..
Had to pay for them when ordering, but I was fine with that..

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So I take it Glock does not offer the 48 in that nickel type finish for the slide anymore? People hated the two tone look so much that they’re not longer producing it?

I liked how it looked and was thinking about looking around for one, but it looks like that ship sailed.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
So I take it Glock does not offer the 48 in that nickel type finish for the slide anymore? People hated the two tone look so much that they’re not longer producing it?

I liked how it looked and was thinking about looking around for one, but it looks like that ship sailed.

I mentioned on page 516 CCR's CPII is a great alternative if you really want that 2-tone look..
Around $140 for just the slide..
CCR Refinishing

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'm familiar with CCR and their CPII.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post