SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
I love all my Sigs, but I also love my Glocks, just picked up two new Gen 5's, a G-19, and a G-17, BOTH ARE FANTASTIC, and I love the new features, these new Gen 5's actually have an ambi safety that really works without having to use two hands and everything else they did makes me happy...

What????? The gen 5 added safety's !!!!'

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KML:
quote:
I love all my Sigs, but I also love my Glocks, just picked up two new Gen 5's, a G-19, and a G-17, BOTH ARE FANTASTIC, and I love the new features, these new Gen 5's actually have an ambi safety that really works without having to use two hands and everything else they did makes me happy...

No. I assume he meant slide stop.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I thought the safety on Glocks had always been ambidextrous ...
... At least on mine it pulls back with the trigger in either hand!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
quote:

No. I assume he meant slide stop.

Unless Glock had an aneurysm and let a batch of MHS/FBI guns out into the wild. The talk has been that the MHS guns will hit the civilian market at some point, though that point being right now seems out of character for the company.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

The new Gen 5's are AMBI, and they work great unlike a lot of guns on the market today...

Your Glocks came with ambi-safeties?

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, what's all of this? What seems to be the problem?

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spent much of the morning at the range with Stefanie (G19, Gen 4). She didn't seem the same as the earlier rental, or the G19 I had to fire qual with for my CCW class. I guess we need to spend more time together. The Gen 5s in the display case didn't pull me apart from her though.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Finally picked up a Gen 5 19:

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
What do you think?

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this thread. new G5 today. Since slides don't interchange off to PMM for milling for the RMR.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10968 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:
What do you think?

Me?

Haven't shot it yet, but it's very comfortable in the ham that is my hand. Gen 3/4 compact finger grooves didn't fit me but this solves it. I like the bright red (orange?) Ameriglo front sight too. Besides the daytime front ring, I've heard that the regular night sights are quite bright.

Hoping to shoot tomorrow morning.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay; when are the Gen. 5 23s coming out? I feel the need for yet one more Glock.

Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
These days with so many good options in striker poly pistols you MAY own a Glock. I'm down to just one, my gen 3 G26, which is a favorite.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMag:
These days with so many good options in striker poly pistols you MAY own a Glock. I'm down to just one, my gen 3 G26, which is a favorite.

I've cycled in and out of Glock so many times, I've spent a fortune on the same models over and over. I'll never be without a Glock 19 again, even if I'm not currently shooting Glock.

Pretty happy with my current
G19 ODG with FO Sights
G19 with Glock NS
G43 with Glock NS
G42 with Glock NS

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with my current Glock stable, but when the gen 5 G34's come out I may pick one up.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Likely never. The Gen 5 frame is not as strong as the Gen4 (2 pin vs 3 pin.) I think .40 needs the three pin frame.

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Okay; when are the Gen. 5 23s coming out? I feel the need for yet one more Glock.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It does seem the 17 and 19s get a lot of attention to changes recently (must be connected to sales volume...).

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Likely never. The Gen 5 frame is not as strong as the Gen4 (2 pin vs 3 pin.) I think .40 needs the three pin frame.

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I joined the forum ten years ago because I picked up a P226 Stainless Elite and wanted to learn a little more about Sig pistols. It was my first handgun.
I now own two Sigs and six Glocks amongst the 25 or so handguns I've purchased the last ten years.
My "go to" is and will always be a Glock.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I keep playing with the Gen5 guns at work. That thing about being perpetually broke as a result of being employed at a gun shop is working its dreaded mojo once again.

Up until the Gen5 I've always preferred the feel of the compact frame over the full-size, even with the somewhat similar Gen2 guns. But something about the Gen5s has me liking the G17 over the G19 this time around. I can't precisely explain it, but the full-size just feels right compared to the smaller G19.

Oh and then we just got a couple of the CZ 75 SP-01 Phantoms in, but that's a tale for another thread...oh how my paycheck could take a another beating!

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I just popped in to take a deep breath......
Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Ok, back to your ‭Glockiness.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post