SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I wanted to like the Glock 17. I did not aim it as naturally as my Sigs. Aimed higher. Sig won again. Bought a 320.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course, of course. We understand. It's not on your mind at all. Latent Glockosexuality is nothing to be ashamed of. Here's a couple of passes to the bath house. Feel free to bring a...friend.

Say, you look a bit tense. Let me give you a back rub.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
A friend that went with me did buy a Gen 5 26 after I had located them in stock. I guess I’m kinda like a Glock enabler.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
So I did a damn thing today. It’s not an OG, but the finish wasn’t really my preference over my love for the crescent serrations and frame texture. It’ll be shortly sent off to CCR for some dark CPII in lieu of the dull, weak finish on this circa Glock re-release. For some reason can’t get BBCcode off of Imgur?? Anyway...

Glock 17 RTF2 retread 2017

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a G48. I liked the idea when they first came out but didn’t want a two toned model so I waited for an all black one. Now to locate those elusive 15 round magazines. The thrill is in the hunt.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
So I did a damn thing today. It’s not an OG, but the finish wasn’t really my preference over my love for the crescent serrations and frame texture. It’ll be shortly sent off to CCR for some dark CPII in lieu of the dull, weak finish on this circa Glock re-release. For some reason can’t get BBCcode off of Imgur?? Anyway...

Glock 17 RTF2 retread 2017

Congrats on your 'retread'. My fish gill G17 from the original run with the "Teflon" finish has been one of my favorite Glocks.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
What is the method/tools for mag disassembly that are taught by GLOCK?

So, the thing I will say is using the factory method more times than not will deform the hole in the base pad. Some time you have to apply wily it’s a bit of pressure to get a new base pad to unseat. Depending on the tool used I have rounded out the holes before.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
My only contribution to the Glock thread from March 29, 2009. For some reason I have always been proud of this post Smile

quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Ive had a glock since 1998
its always performed real great.
Haters like to say it rymes with 'Clock'
but just have to 'mock'
While secretly in a box
They do keep this sly fox.
When zombie horde doth come
and unarmed feel dumb
I will grab my nineteen
and feed it till I am free.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
My only contribution to the Glock thread from March 29, 2009. For some reason I have always been proud of this post Smile

quote:
Ive had a glock since 1998
its always performed real great.
Haters like to say it rymes with 'Clock'
but just have to 'mock'
While secretly in a box
They do keep this sly fox.
When zombie horde doth come
and unarmed feel dumb
I will grab my nineteen
and feed it till I am free.

tru dat, tru dat.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Stopped in a couple pawn shops on the way home looking for the elusive G34, none to be found but several gen3 17, 19 & 26
But I did run across a G44(22LR) ... first one I’ve seen ... it looked like a Glock!

AnyOne with first hand experience? Impressions?

I left it there but tonight I kinda wished I’d brought it home ...
Anyway, TIA!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Family Man
posted Hide Post
I brought home my first Glock, a Gen5 19, today. Once again, Para was right.

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a standard G19 a couple years ago to get comfortable with it because it was going to be a duty weapon that I had to carry. I like my Glock ok but I actually like my P238 desert better than the Glock!

Posts: 13 | Location: Texas! | Registered: February 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Own a few myself. They just work.

G19 Gen3 RTF2
G26 Gen3
G29 Gen 4 w/KKM 4.5 bbl (woods gun)

For a very long time I had no interest in Glock, but that changed when a buddy lent me one of his G19s for a range session. I shot it so well I asked him to sell it to me, which he did.

Posts: 6 | Location: Midwest US | Registered: May 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago I posted here on how I'd set up a conversion to 9mm of my G23 (.40S&W), to make my pistol a bit easier to shoot for family members (if they needed to borrow it) and so that it would be easier to "feed" in these times of ammunition availability issues. I own a B&T GHM9 Compact SBR and recently purchased an APC/GHM Pro "Glock" lower that allows me to use the OEM Glock 33 round 9mm magazines (and any other G26, G19, or G17 mags as well), which I actually find to be more sturdy than the OEM B&T magazines that are compatible with the original lower receiver. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but hopefully that will occur soon and it will prove as reliable as my other Glock systems. The 33 round magazines I purchased for this gun are OD colored, just like the G19 and G17 magazines I bought for my converted pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pulicords,

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Stopped in a couple pawn shops on the way home looking for the elusive G34, none to be found but several gen3 17, 19 & 26
But I did run across a G44(22LR) ... first one I’ve seen ... it looked like a Glock!

A friend bought one. I have not shot it, but it was having some ammo sensitivity when we were all out shooting. I will say getting rounds out of the mag manually is a bit of a pain.

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by echofiveniner:
I bought a standard G19 a couple years ago to get comfortable with it because it was going to be a duty weapon that I had to carry. I like my Glock ok but I actually like my P238 desert better than the Glock!

Maybe you should carry that P238 for a duty weapon, sounds reasonable.. Big Grin

But seriously, could you have opted for a G17 instead of the G19?
The full grip and higher capacity would make it a more suitable duty weapon..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
Just came across a Gen 2 19C
Must resist

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I tried to buy a Glock today...

I've been wanting a Gen 4 G23 or G22 for a while now, but not really a new one. I found out from some one a gun shop had those in stock.

Drove the 50 miles to the store, which I've bought from in the past. Turns out they had only G22 police trade in's, the salesman picked through the 15 or so G22's and found 1 Gen 4 in very good condition. One minor grip scuff area, 4-mags , box, no extra backstraps, night sights, for $399.

I filled out the required paperwork at 1:30 PM..
At 4:30 PM it still had not been approved. I needed to leave at 4:30, and not wait until the store closed at 6 PM. As the store and Sig Forum has stated, background checks just take so much longer now. In my years of background checks, this is the first time its happened to me.

I left without purchasing the pistol today, will go back next week to get it.

Did I get a good deal?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'd say you did pretty good. Order a set of backstraps for $25 or so and you're off and running.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I'd say you did pretty good. Order a set of backstraps for $25 or so and you're off and running.

The one I chose had the smaller backstrap installed. I don't really need any of them , because, the bare Gen 4 grip fits my small hands much better than any previous Generation. It's what sold me on Gen 4/5's, seems the bare grip was made smaller.

In the future, I'll be buying a 357 Sig barrel for it. Forgot to mention, the $399 did not include Va sales tax, $2 Va VSP check.

The store also had some H&K USP 40 cal Compacts and Full Size for sale @ I think, $499?, but seemed much more worn. I would not be swayed, however ! LOL

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post