SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
AU1776...........I've got a 29SF and it shoots like a house afire. Comfortable to shoot, accurate, compact and I carry it in those situations where my 20SF seems too bulky (ie: hunting backup, fly fishing vest, etc) I shoot either 180 or 200 gr. Double Tap loads through it, or my 180 GDHP handloads. If you want a 10mm, it is a worthwhile purchase.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Belltactical:
Nope.
Anyone want a nib 23c?
It's taking up valuable space in the safe.
Cant stand the Glocks.

Did someone give it to you or something? Otherwise, you bought it, did you not? Smile

Or maybe it grew like a fungus or a mold. I gotta inspect the interior of my safe more often. Oh, please oh please let me find a NIB Gen4 Glock 35.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belltactical:
Nope.
Anyone want a nib 23c?
It's taking up valuable space in the safe.
Cant stand the Glocks.

Yes. Please send pictures, price w/shipping to the e-mail in my profile.

Not kidding.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeeps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
You know, I always dismissed Glocks, never considered them.

I am thoroughly satisfied with my G21 SF RTF2.

I'm looking at the compacts too.
Can't decide either a G19

Or stick with .45 and get the 36 or 30sf

A 10mm 29 would be a possibility too!

Personally, the only Glock I own is the G30SF. I can shoot it better than any other Glock I had owned in the past. It is robust, accurate and packs a wallop. I am a fan!

That said, my carry gun is a 2022.

Jeeps
SigPro 2022
Sig Sauer P232

Posts: 120 | Location: Somewhere on the East Coast | Registered: October 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
30S is going head to head for me with the SR1911 CMD as my next buy.

One question i figure you Glockophiles would know.

How would you compare let's say a 3Gen G19 frame/grip to to the 4gen in circumference?

I noticed none of the Glock 9mm's seemed to have come with a "SF" frame before.

I like how the 30S comes with SF frame, and 36 slide as i have small to medium hands.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
The biggest difference in the size of the gen4 grip is the circumference between the back of the trigger guard and the portion of the grip that contacts the web of the hand. This has the approximate effect of reducing the reach to the trigger. For most shooters this will not be a huge difference, but for smaller hands it is a blessing.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeeps:
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
You know, I always dismissed Glocks, never considered them.

I'm looking at the compacts too.
Can't decide either a G19

Or stick with .45 and get the 36 or 30sf

A 10mm 29 would be a possibility too!

Personally, the only Glock I own is the G30SF. I can shoot it better than any other Glock I had owned in the past. It is robust, accurate and packs a wallop. I am a fan!

That said, my carry gun is a 2022.

Just my two cents worth; The Glock 19 does just about everything for me in a compact platform, yet delivers the capacity of most full size 9mm's, has a 4 inch barrel and shoots like nobodies business! In the world of Glock it is the "perfect" one.
Folks one question, how are the Gen 4s now? I've had HKs and M&Ps, but really want to get back into Glocks! They do it all for me. Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just my two cents worth; The Glock 19 does just about everything for me in a compact platform, yet delivers the capacity of most full size 9mm's, has a 4 inch barrel and shoots like nobodies business! In the world of Glock it is the "perfect" one.
Folks one question, how are the Gen 4s now? I've had HKs and M&Ps, but really want to get back into Glocks! They do it all for me. Dale

I couldn't have written it any better.

In fact, I sold my M&P 9c to purchase the Gen4 19.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Badkarma 1:

My Gen 4 G26 is great. I had a nit with the stock polymer RSA but replaced it with a stainless steel version (which I planned on doing anyway) and it's great. Could be a bit more thin for CC but it is indeed a great shooter. I also have a Gen 3 full-size G21 with a Streamlight and it's one of my home defense weapons (among other surprises...)

Posts: 44 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: January 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I have been oogleing a G22 Gen4 for awhile now, and like many have noted 9mm and .45ACP is getting scares around my parts, however .40 and .357 SIG is plentiful, and I'd like to try another .40 anyway.
Sounds like I'll be gettin that 22Gen4 now! Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
G19 is great, that's plenty fo me!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Had a GSSF coupon burning a whole in my pocket. While I was planning on a getting a G23 Gen 4 to complement my G19 Gen 4 and G35 Gen 4, I could not say no to this when I had the opportunity. I figure I can always trade this one away for G23 later, if I hate it.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Had a GSSF coupon burning a whole in my pocket. While I was planning on a getting a G23 Gen 4 to complement my G19 Gen 4 and G35 Gen 4, I could not say no to this when I had the opportunity. I figure I can always trade this one away for G23 later, if I hate it.

You're not gonna hate it, you're gonna love it.
I'd take that 45ACP over a 40cal any day.
Not for the size of the bullet, but for the way it shoots in a Glock pistol.

That G30 will be a keeper.. Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
The G30 should be little smoother, and flatter shooting pistol, when compared to the 23.

I believe once you given it some range time, you will agree.

Excellent model for carry.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna do it. After going Glockless for years, I'm going to pick up a 33.

I had a 30 and 26 years ago but got rid of them in favor of German pistols.

That being said, I do have some questions:

Can I drop in a 27 barrel without any issues? Can I find 9mm barrels to shoot 9mm?

What's the deal with the Gen 4 mags? If I get a Gen 4, I can use previous mags without an issue?

Found a place that has them for $399 + tax. Looking to carry it as my summer carry as the P2K and EMP can get somewhat uncomfortable to carry in the hot weather.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can I drop in a 27 barrel without any issues? Can I find 9mm barrels to shoot 9mm?

What's the deal with the Gen 4 mags? If I get a Gen 4, I can use previous mags without an issue?

Yes. The 27 barrel will work fine, and the 33 mags may even feed .40, considering they share a parent case.

Yes. Storm Lake and Lone Wolf, I believe, are two companies that make aftermarket barrels for the small Glocks.

Yes, they are ambi-cut for those who wish to switch the mag release on gen4's to the right side of the pistol.

As long as you have the left side mag release, any of the older or newer mags should work just fine. Those who switch to the left-handed release will have to stick with gen4 mags, or modify their own gen3/2 mags.

I have had excellent luck with any factory Glock magazine, but I have yet to find an aftermarket replacement that I am happy with.

Congrats on the 33. I have the 27, and it is amazingly easy to shoot and surprisingly accurate, considering it's size.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
bionic,

Thanks for the quick response.

What do you carry yours in? I'm thinking IWB of some sort.

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you carry yours in?

I've tried a few, but my favorite is still the hybrid IWB I got from dosborn81 here on SigForum. He is the owner/operator of Ozark Holsters, and does some great work for not a lot of money. I'll see if I can scare up a picture for you.

ETA: Here ya go.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Seems like everyone makes a holster for Glocks.

I remember using Sidearmor as my holster when I had my Glocks.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Well I did it. It's paid for $432 OTD, just have to wait until it comes in. They're not expecting them until next week but I figure I may as well pay for it so my name is on the box. Big Grin

Got me a G33, probably get a 27 barrel as well sometime and have dual caliber capabilities.