SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Shot a G23 at the range last weekend, a buddy brought it.

Nope, still don't like them.

But, you are tempted.... No?

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, you uhh...from time to time, you uhhh..try the Glock, and you decide....each time that you don't like 'em.

I understand. Big Grin

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I will NEVER buy a Glock...no way...no how...not gonna happen...take that to the bank...blah, blah, blah...grip angle...funny trigger...no second strike...ugly...plastic...didImentionugly...Sig man...

...OK, maybe.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Here's my latest Glock, a gen4 G21.

Mine too. Have yet to feed anything through it, though. Running low on .45ACP, and no one--including the LGS I work at--seems to have any. Frown

Better hurry..

ATG 45ACP

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
quote:

Rented and Shot a G23 at the range a week ago.
YUP, Still Like them...

After shooting my G21, I rented a G30 and G36 at the range Friday.

Saturday bought this G36SF.

Buying a G36 within the next few months for summer carry..

I never cared for 45ACP until I shot it thru a Glock. Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Here's my latest Glock, a gen4 G21.

Mine too. Have yet to feed anything through it, though. Running low on .45ACP, and no one--including the LGS I work at--seems to have any. Frown

Better hurry..

ATG 45ACP

Thanks for the heads up. You da man!

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas
Picture of pacman
posted Hide Post
Picked up my fresh new Gen4 Glock19 today. I had put a deposit down for it several weeks ago when my dealer told me he had some coming. I was there when he opened the delivery box. 6 shiny Gen4 Glock19s. I got pick of the litter (as far as serial numbers go), the other five were sold before I left the store! Several LE guys were buying at civilian prices, dealer says he's been told not to expect LE glocks until June.

Can't wait to feed her.

PACMAN

Be Prepared.

Posts: 796 | Location: Louisiana, USA | Registered: January 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as i mentioned in a another post, i am as close to being consumed by the darkness as i ever have been.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Going to look at a Gen 4 31 now.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I've acquired a very bad 10mm bug lately.
G29 or G20SF seems to be the only thing on my mind as of late. Smile

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The name of this post should almost be named "Can you find a Glock". Granted, Gainesville, FL is not a large town, but the 4 gun stores in our area do not have Glocks, or if you do find one, it will come with 10 rd mags and marked so on the box.

I am just glad I got my 27 and 23 and plenty of mags before all of this hit the fan.

Posts: 2405 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskytaio:
The name of this post should almost be named "Can you find a Glock". Granted, Gainesville, FL is not a large town, but the 4 gun stores in our area do not have Glocks, or if you do find one, it will come with 10 rd mags and marked so on the box.

I am just glad I got my 27 and 23 and plenty of mags before all of this hit the fan.

yes the craziness seems to have put a damper on my first Glock purchase, but hope in time and maybe 6 months things will be back to the level for me to get a G19 + 10 mags without costing a arm and a leg.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CMH Sig
posted Hide Post
Good thing this thread started in 2009. I've managed to accumulate 5 Gen 4's since then.

Posts: 235 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: July 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Rented and Shot a G23 at the range a week ago.
YUP, Still Like them...

Shot my G23 at the range a couple days ago. Yup, still love it :-D

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
I needed a 45acp Pistol I could trust..
In CA were limited to 10rounds..
Of course I chose a GLOCK 30sf.
Can't wait to Qual with it for CCW...
10+1 should be enough Wink

My last purchase as well.

I'm going to buy a G36 in the next few months and make my own G30S.

I can't believe I'm ready to sell my 3 year EDC SA EMP to carry a Glock.
But I came to the realization if I'm going to be in a stressful SD situation, the last thing I need is a short single action 1911 trigger.
What I do need is a 5# Glock trigger with a little leeway.

The Glock fits my needs better...

Also bought a couple Pearce (finger groove) grip base plates.
They reduce the pinky pinch from the stock base plate.

Along with a 9rd G30 mag and a Pearce (finger groove) grip base plate for it.

Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
At first, I was indifferent, but willing to try one.
Bought a G26, sold it for an XD9sc.
Bought a G19, never shot it and traded for a P6.
Started going from XD to M&P.
Then picked up a G22 a couple weeks ago.
Now I'm on the look out for a local and decently priced G17 and G19.

So, all I have to say now is, if you're on the fence or have never owned a Glock:

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After nearly two decades of not owning a Glock, I happened on a G19 yesterday when walking through Academy at lunch. I had been looking around for a carry piece that would be smaller in profile than my P229, but not a pocket gun. I have big hands and don't like tiny guns.

Its my first every Glock. Shot it yesterday afternoon without incident and was very pleased with the purchase.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I bought my Glock 23 while stationed at Ramstein AB, Germany. I've been tempted to trade it in towards another Sig or something, but I haven't had the heart... My wife keeps telling me I should keep it every time I talk of trading it; puzzling...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
At first, I was indifferent, but willing to try one.
Bought a G26, sold it for an XD9sc.
Bought a G19, never shot it and traded for a P6.
Started going from XD to M&P.
Then picked up a G22 a couple weeks ago.
Now I'm on the look out for a local and decently priced G17 and G19.

So, all I have to say now is, if you're on the fence or have never owned a Glock:

I bought a G26 in the late 90s and carried it for 9 years.
I was fairly new to handguns and very new at CCW.
Bought an XD9sc and sold the G26.
Bought a 1st Gen Sig P239 SAS and sold the XD9sc.
Bought a 9mm EMP and eventually sold the P239, after saying I'd never sell it.
After purchasing a 2nd Gen G17 and G19, I'm thinking about selling my EMP, that I said I would never sell..
I now have bought 6 Glocks in the last 2 years, and I'll be buying a G36 in the next few months.

I guess the moral of this story is, never say never ... Big Grin

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
I bought my Glock 23 while stationed at Ramstein AB, Germany. I've been tempted to trade it in towards another Sig or something, but I haven't had the heart... My wife keeps telling me I should keep it every time I talk of trading it; puzzling...

Sometimes she right, and this is one of those times...