SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you're good to go, then.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
It's what sold me on Gen 4/5's, seems the bare grip was made smaller.

It was, they phased out the SF (short frame) models and incorporated that change in the dimensions into the standard Gen 4 models, including the calibers and frame sizes that didn't have it previously. Prior to that, it was just the .45 and 10mm Glocks that had it as an option. A good move on their part.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock 43x with night sites this weekend through a private sale. I had the chance to shoot around 200 rounds today and really like the gun. I did have one failure to eject at around the 100 round mark but no issues after that. I think this is a gun I am going to keep.

Posts: 34 | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
G43xMOS is on the Glock web page. Guess I need some shield mags and find out what lights fit it best.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Well, I did it again. This is my fourth foray into the world of Glock. Three times I've tried and three times I've abandoned the platform. Oddly, something keeps calling me back. Hopefully the Gen5 grip frame (sans finger grooves) combined with the new texture will keep my attention. So far, I'm very positive on the G45. I like the Gen5 features while the full sized grip fits my paw much better than the G19. I could take or leave the front slide serrations.

Glock G45

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
Hopefully the Gen5 grip frame (sans finger grooves) combined with the new texture will keep my attention.

The Gen 5 texture is the same as the Gen 4.

It's only "new" if you're comparing it to the Gen 3 texture.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
You'll love the 45. It's my current off duty carry gun with Trijicon RMR.

As soon as I can get a gen5 23, I will be tossing my 32's barrel in it and carrying a compact 357sig gen5 Glock. lol

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

The Gen 5 texture is the same as the Gen 4.

It's only "new" if you're comparing it to the Gen 3 texture.

Good point RogueJSK. I should have said new to me. My previous experience with Glock predates the introduction of the Gen4 models. I had a Gen2 G19 which I foolishly traded away plus a handful of various Gen3 models. I never could warm up to the finger grooves. Thanks!

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
I've said it before &
I'll say it again

NEVER will a Glock be in my inventory of firearms.

That's an entirely new and original statement in this thread.

No, really. You're a pioneer.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've said it before &
I'll say it again

Yes, this makes three times you'e come into this thread to tell us this, which is the equivalent of the guy who stands outside the gay bath house yelling that he doesn't give blowjobs and he never will.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it happened again. I bought a new Glock. This time I bought a Gen 5 G19 mos with no cut out.
Background checks are taking one to two day because they are busy and the Wuhan wheeze.
I look forward to the first Gen5 without the cut out.
I never could get used to the cut out on the other G19 that I have. It cut into my smallest finger on my right hand.
When I go back I may add a G44 if they still have them.
I should have done it while I was there.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, it happened again. I bought a new Glock. This time I bought a Gen 5 G19 mos with no cut out.
Background checks are taking one to two day because they are busy and the Wuhan wheeze.
I look forward to the first Gen5 without the cut out.

Yeah, that's one good thing about having puny hands and fingers; the front strap cutout has never bothered me, not that I ever use my pinkie as part of my hold.

However...I kinda wish the Gen5 compact frame felt nicer to me; unlike the full size Gen5 which I totally adore, the compact backstrap 'hump' of the Gen5 G19 annoys me to no end, so unlike the earlier generations of compact Glocks. Despite my Glockaholic nature--especially for the compacts--I've skipped the G19 this time around, so unlike the kajillion or so who've fallen for the gun. I guess I'll just have to make do with my G45 and Gen5 G17 build. Wink

Enjoy your new G19. They are otherwise pretty badass.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've said it before &
I'll say it again

I made the statement that I would NEVER touch/ride a HD again in the late 70's
I have NOT touched a HD to this day.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've said it before &
I'll say it again

I don't see nothin' wroooong... with a little Glock 'n griiiiind...

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I've said it before &
I'll say it again

Yes, this makes three times you'e come into this thread to tell us this, which is the equivalent of the guy who stands outside the gay bath house yelling that he doesn't give blowjobs and he never will.

Medic! Severe burns here! Big Grin

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For your own sake, do some research on latent glockosexuality. You know, you are just postponing the inevitable. In the meantime, you are in a prison of your own making.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I fought it back in the day, I really did, then I started shooting for speed. Accordingly, I use a G34 for any purpose where I need to put down the shots and get hits quickly. The Glockamole in the month of Glocktober just tastes so fine. I still dig my 1911, and P226 tho. They cool!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
My first real pistol was a Glock was a 21, Gen1 bought new in 1994, before that I'd had a Rossi 22 revolver, it doesn't count. I'd shot my dad's 1911 when I was ~15 but it was old beat up and rattled ... a lot. It was a few years before I got my first Kimber, and fell head over heals in love with the stainless steel and rosewood grips.

Since then Glocks have come and gone, money isn't as tight as it was in my youth so one hasn't "gone" in quite a while ... however I do kinda regret letting a 34 go a couple years ago but he wanted it really bad. I'd like to have another but not willing to pay the premium prices of the current market, and my 19,23 & 26 keep from doing anything foolish.

My Rugers, 1911's, SiG's, CZ's and HK's don't seem to mind sharing the love ... we're just one big blended family!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Stopped by one of my local shops yesterday. They had a Glock 45, 48 and I forget what else in stock. $700 a pop. So inventory is starting to return but the prices are still ridiculous.

Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Got my eye on the Glock 48 MOS as a new carry option. Anyone shoot one yet?

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't think so
IMHO...
Glocks are not as refined in aesthetics compared to others
I don't like the idea of plastic mags wrapped in metal (Upscale Mossberg Mags)
Don't like the grips
Think there are better choices in which to purchase.

I'll pass, thank you.

Posts: 24 | Location: NW Chicago Suburb | Registered: September 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post