SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah. I hear ya. The iron curtain has fallen in Washington state now as well. No new Glocks in my immediate future until we leave. Just not gonna play their game. But I want a G45 and G48 pretty badly and those are the two things I didn't pick up before the new stuff went into effect.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Not gonna lie, I have a strong desire to buy a G48. It might be the first Glock I’ve ever held that was actually somewhat comfortable and pointed fairly well for me.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’m a pretty big fan of both the G19 and G42 and the G48 is like a perfect blending of the two.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Not gonna lie, I have a strong desire to buy a G48. It might be the first Glock I’ve ever held that was actually somewhat comfortable and pointed fairly well for me.

I have one of the shiny G48s, it does point well (dare I say it: almost 1911 like, others have said the same thing) and very little muzzle flip. I picked up a G43x slide and tried it: quite a bit more muzzle flip. I put in a Heavy Tungsten Guide Rod, no more muzzle flip. I like the 43x for EDC, nice very compact package with either 10 round or 14 round magazine for reloads. Just wish the G48/G43X magazines worked in the G43. I can see Glock coming out with G43/G43x/G48 GenY with compatible magazines for all three pistols.

Posts: 3927 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Oh, yeah. I hear ya. The iron curtain has fallen in Washington state now as well. No new Glocks in my immediate future until we leave. Just not gonna play their game. But I want a G45 and G48 pretty badly and those are the two things I didn't pick up before the new stuff went into effect.

Do they have some sort of crazy roster now, like CA? A Glock 48 would be awesome in CA with the 10 rd mags and slim porfile. I got some higher cap mags (21, 27, and 33) during Freedom week, so Glock 19 and 26 are probably what I'll stick with. Been thinking about getting a 19, but I just don't see much point since I have the 26. And I have shot the fun stick in my 26 Big Grin Bet it looked funny, but pretty awesome. Carry a 21 PMag as my CCW backup.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave in again and picked up a 2nd Gen 5 19 to go with my Gen 3's. I like the revised cosmetics, grip feels good, but the jury is still out on the trigger. That may be due to the fact that I'm so use to my Gen 3 triggers, but I'm sure I'll adapt. I really think they got it right with these, and as always, they just work.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When this thread originated, I owned 1 Glock, a Gen3 G19. I now have 14 in my safe, 2 of which came home with me a few weeks back. A Gen4 G20 and a G45. The fun part is figuring out which model is next.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been watching this thread grow for a long time and need to add my comment: HELL NO, I WILL NOT BUY A GLOCK!!

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
My first Glock was a G21 in the late 80's.
Shot just fine, but I just felt like it had no soul. Gave it to my brother. He's had it since. Glock did a recall on it and pretty much replaced most of the upper slide parts, and did some machining free of charge. Nice customer service.

When I saw it again over the Christmas holiday I noticed it had developed a severe case of pig snout, almost touching the slide.

G44- would have been interesting if higher capacity 22LR. 10 rounds? Meh.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
I noticed it had developed a severe case of pig snout, almost touching the slide.

I had to Google the 'pig snout' reference.
Never heard of it.
I think I have a Glock or two that might have it, just never seemed like a problem for me.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's funny. That's how my Gen 4 19 looked when I bought it brand new in the box. I've heard of frame droop where the frame dips away from the end of the muzzle before, but "developing pig snout" sounds more like how they come from the factory anymore. Is it possible that during it's trip back to the factory that they did the same trick in the video in reverse and it's something you hadn't noticed until now?

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Yup looking back at some of my old pics, I see it now.
I didn't know it had a name and never thought it was an issue...

This one was brand new and unfired.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'll have to look in the safe, but I'm pretty sure every Glock I own has it, and thinking back, even my turd-brown LAV G-19 RTF2 looked that way when I bought it brand-new.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
The pig nose is a non issue. If you see how much a Glock frame flexes while firing, it doesn't matter if its pig nosed, or perfectly straight.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, all mine have it. My 1986 Gen 1 17 looks pretty much exactly like the picture 1lowlife posted of his. It's the most extreme example.

Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Well, I dunno about others and whether it is an issue, but that G21 didn't have it originally.

And for saying "they all have it", go to glock.com and look at their pistols.
I'm no Glock expert, but I don't see ANY of their models advertised with a pig snout.
They seem to all look like this-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
And for saying "they all have it", go to glock.com and look at their pistols.

When I worked in manufacturing, we had a website re-design. They hired some dude to come in and take pictures of everything we made. I went sorting through the bins of everything we had in inventory that I signed my name on trying to find the perfect example for the website because I was told to. None of them had anything less than picture-perfect solder joints and a couple of them came back to the bench for a quick re-dress before getting handed off to the camera man. I took pride in my work that some of the others didn't, so there was actually a pretty fair gap between what you would see on the website and expect to receive, but nothing made it out the factory doors if it didn't meet specs. It's the same thing here: It doesn't have to look pretty, it has to work as designed.

I made internal electronics that were covered, and the stuff I made that wasn't, I spent more time at the polishing wheel than some of the other guys. But in the end, it all worked the same.

What's pictured on the website is the best looking one in the bin. What makes it to gun stores is what has been signed off by factory QC as "this meets all our standards for performance."

I wouldn't put much stock in the company website product page photos as to what's acceptable or not. Maybe call Glock customer support? The two times I've called, they've been amazing.

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:
I have been watching this thread grow for a long time and need to add my comment: HELL NO, I WILL NOT BUY A GLOCK!!

And yet you haven't learned the lesson found in so many pages of those who have said the same?

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:
No one gives a shit. It's asinine that you tell us that you've been watching this thread and then say that you "need" to come in here and tell us something that no one cares about. Grow up.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
"Flypaper for idjits." Seldom have truer words been spoken.

Hey SCfromNY, I dunno how long you've been watching this thread, but sometime about, ohhh, nearly nine years ago now, I spouted much the same nonsense in this thread. Many others have also... who have also since come back around to eat the crow. Some of them, years later. I did.

I forget who to credit it to, but to paraphrase: this thread is the Everest of the forum. It's littered with the bodies of fools who thought they could conquer it, only to gasp and die upon that mountain learning otherwise.