SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Nope. No Glock yet. I do have a Rucger SR9c with a Glock style trigger. Does that count?

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I did it. I've been thinking about a G19 for some time now and went to the LGS a few weeks ago. I picked up the last Gen3 they had in stock. I wasn't interested in the Gen4.

I really enjoy shooting this gun. I shot 4 15rd mags at the range with no issues except the front steel factory sight I had the LGS install came loose.

I found a 3/16 nut driver bit at Sears and hit it with my cheap dremel so it would fit in the front of the slide. I put some loctite on the screw and the base of the sight. The sight seems tight now but I may have to get a factory front sight tool if it doesn't hold. I still couldn't get the bit in there quite as good as I wanted to.

Anyway, longwinded reply, but I am a happy glock owner now!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mekaus,

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Racedog
posted Hide Post
I did finally buy a Glock (Technically, my Gen 3 G19 was taken on trade, so I did not “Buy” it)

I’m sorry I couldn’t afford anything better. Did I do OK anyways??? It will be here Friday Big Grin

Pic from seller - I will post more when it arrives

------------------------------------------------------------
Why is it the first to point a finger are the last to lend a hand?
------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 541 | Location: Minnesnowda | Registered: April 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of proud2pak
posted Hide Post
Haven't owned a Glock (last was a G22) in over 5 years. I swore I'd never own another, probably on this forum. Now, however, the Dark Side is stronger than ever.

Thought I'd stick with XDm and safely avoid Glock. Every time I lined up the sights on a Glock, it just didn't seem to point naturally for me. The angle of the grip was all wrong... so that's what I was trying to convince myself to believe. My Sigs seem to point without thinking, and many would say that's the way it's supposed to be.

But, over the past 6 years or so, I've gone on numerous outings in which I was able to shoot a friends Glock. The thing is, I always shoot them better than my Sig's (sshhhh, don't tell anyone). It's the strangest thing. One of the things I prefer about Glock is that the first shot trigger pull is the same as all the others. Lately I've been practicing with my DA/SA Sig's, and the thought of having a consistent trigger pull right out of the holster and for all subsequent shots is becoming more and more appealing. So for the past few weeks I've been seriously considering trading some of my Sigs for some Glocks.

I'd probably start with the G19 for CCW, followed by the G17 for range duty. Swap the wife's P228 for a G26 perhaps,then pick up another G26 for myself. Eventually the 10mm bug will strike, and I'd have to pick up a G20. Well, might as well get the G21 too, right? Etc... Etc...

I think I ate too much "Glockamole" or something.

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2197 | Location: Utah | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deankal
posted Hide Post
Nope, Glocks aren't for me. I've tried them a few times, and assume that if I trained and practiced with them I could get used to the triggers and shoot them better, but I'll stick with my Sigs thank you.

Posts: 960 | Location: Northeast of Seattle in a Red Zip Code | Registered: May 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post

Glocks are for Klingons. I'm a Vulcan

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Racedog:
I did finally buy a Glock (Technically, my Gen 3 G19 was taken on trade, so I did not “Buy” it)

I’m sorry I couldn’t afford anything better. Did I do OK anyways??? It will be here Friday Big Grin

Pic from seller - I will post more when it arrives

You did good!!!

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Almost did it again today, this one a Gen4 G21 I'd been eyeballing for a while and the shop just got back into inventory. With my discount it would've been a sweet deal but in the end though I sadly passed and bought an alternative (pics forthcoming). Reality has set in that the full size .45ACP in Glock form--even with the Gen4 wrapper--just doesn't work well enough with my unfortunate, miniscule hands. When it comes to double stacks, guess I'll just have to proceed on with my XDm45 and its mushy go-bang switch thingamajig.

Cursed...foiled by genetics.

I had a Gen4 G21 follow me home yesterday. Damn it!.

I actually went in to look over a h&k USP. I fondled that for awhile, and there was just something about it that I didn't care for...and the price tag was a bit steep as well ($869).

I had a G30 about ten years ago or so and sold it. Didn't care for the too small grips in a .45, which left me Glockless. And I thought, meh...what the hell. So, I picked up the 21, kicked it's tires and drove it around the store. It's ugly, it's square, and like you, I have smaller hands so it didn't seem to fit all that well. But, I had heard of the very manageable recoil of this particular pistol and thought that I'd take a chance on it. After all, I bought it knowing that it won't be a carry gun, rather it will be a truck/camper gun and spend it's life comfortably tucked away in a drawer/console.

Well, I pulled off into the woods on the way home and ran a dozen or so rounds through it, and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Not much recoil at all, so even with smaller hands I had no problem controlling it.

I think I like it. But, it's still ugly, so it will be relegated to step-child status rather than one of my own.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You want an "unnatural" grip angle, grab a Ruger .22 Auto. The Glock isn't a degree or two more than the 1911 that everyone uses as teh baseline for grip angle.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobalt402:
You want an "unnatural" grip angle, grab a Ruger .22 Auto.

I'm curious which model you're addressing.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EaZ8
posted Hide Post
picked up my Glock 17 Gen 4 yesterday, took her out to the range today.
i put about 250 rounds through her with no problems. cycled every round perfectly.
even put her in my Roni Carbine stock and blasted a few rounds...works great!

Posts: 87 | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EaZ8:
picked up my Glock 17 Gen 4 yesterday, took her out to the range today.
i put about 250 rounds through her with no problems. cycled every round perfectly.
even put her in my Roni Carbine stock and blasted a few rounds...works great!

A great pistol, I now have 37,000 flawless rounds through my Gen 4 G17.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved my G19 gen2 & G26 gen3.
But ended up selling them for my P938.

Getting used to keeping my sig oiled is a little different.
I kepted my glock dirty and they worked great.

Posts: 12 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
vthoky, the standard auto, not the .22/45 version.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buster30290:

Glocks are for Klingons. I'm a Vulcan

"Why are Vulcan's like toilet paper?

They both circle Uranus looking for Klingons"....

Yep, you're a Vulcan all right...

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobalt402:
vthoky, the standard auto, not the .22/45 version.

I see. So you're talking Mark III?

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MK I - MK III, it doesn't matter, the grip is the same on all of the standard autos. I have a couple of them and I love them, but like any pistol, you have to get use to the grip. When I first picked one up I put it right down and said, no way, that grip is horrible. Now I have 3. I said the same thing about Glocks in the mid-90's, now I have 10, and can't remember the number of them that have passed through my hands. Any pistol has an adjustment period, and you either like it and learn to shoot it, or you sell it and move on. And as I have found w/ my Glocks, I like them, shoot them well which translates into shooting a lot, and the darn things always go bang, ugly, horrible grip and all!

c4

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ehh that grip angle garbage is just an excuse for poor shooting.

I have no problem shooting my Ruger MKII, Glocks, Sigs, H&Ks, with excellent accuracy.

Like cobalt402 said, each pistol has a adjustment period where you adjust to the trigger pull, reset, ergos and so on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Grip angle, grip size, plastic gun, ugly, not made in America, etc. are just very lame excuses. I would be ashamed of myself if I could not pick up any handgun, rifle, shotgun, or machine gun and not figure out how to load and shoot it well enough to qualify on a military course at marksman level with full power loads.

I do not include competition shooting events where they shoot low power ammunition or even wax bullets to increase their times and scores. Run the competition with full power handgun, rifle, and shotgun ammo if you want to impress me with your score.

Get over yourself! Guns are just tools for defense, offense, or hunting game. If it is reliable, it is good. If it is unreliable, it is bad. If there is ever a SHTF or zombie event, there will likely be tons of guns and ammo lying around from people who were unprepared to use them effectively under duress.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post