SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
Been thinking about a G40...

Thread almost to 500 pages, and on a SIG forum no less!

Hey, at least you'll be able to buy ammo for it during a panic! Big Grin

Around my area, the only centerfire handgun cartridges to be found are 10mm. I see it as an opportunity to give my G20 some love at the range.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Where all this began

It’s been more than a decade. The G20SF did indeed open me up to the Glock. There have been far more Sigs added over the years, but I wouldn’t part with my four Glocks: G19, G20SF, G22, & G26. Guess what pistol sets in the nightstand? Arguably the best all-around pistol ever, the G19.

I think I’m going to buy a G42 sometime soon. Not that I’ll carry it in lieu of the 365, but I just want a larger 380. Really I just want it. No real reason.

I’ll check back in around 2030 when we’re at 1000 pages.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock. Another Gen 4 19 Summer Special. It’s odd to me, though. I’ve had 3 of these 19’s and one 17 FS, all made in AUSTRIA. This particular one is USA made, matching serial numbers, normal Glock sticker on the box. I’ve never seen one US made, personally. Anyone have one of these Gen 4 Summer Specials also US made? I thought US Glocks had smooth triggers on the US models, too. I’m not a Glock fan boi, but keep going back to them in small quantities. So maybe I am? Big Grin

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
I bought a Glock. Another Gen 4 19 Summer Special.

Great pick up, my favorite version of the Glock 19 - I've had 5 or 6 of them. Sold my last two off a couple of months ago when I switched over to the MR918.

As to having a USA vs Austrian made one, I'm sorry I can't help you, I don't remember where mine were from.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I think I’m going to buy a G42 sometime soon. Not that I’ll carry it in lieu of the 365, but I just want a larger 380. Really I just want it. No real reason.

I think that's reason enough. I love mine. They're neat little pistols, and an absolute hoot to shoot. It's one of those guns, like the M1 carbine, that you hand to someone at the range to try out and when they hand it back to you empty, it's accompanied with a huge grin on their face. Some people think they're too large for what's supposed to be a micro .380, but I don't agree. It really is the perfect size for what it is. Very shootable as well, easier on the hands compared to some other .380 blowback guns in that size range. You won't regret it. Smile

quote:
I thought US Glocks had smooth triggers on the US models, too.

My Gen 4 19 was made in Smyrna and it came with a grooved trigger. It surprised me a little as well, having the understanding that the grooved trigger was something they put on the compacts to help give it enough "points" to allow it to be imported, so in theory, a US-made gun wouldn't need that. I guess maybe it's an inventory control and part number issue and to just keep things simple they haven't bothered changing anything to put smooth triggers on US guns? Who knows. Smile

quote:
I’m not a Glock fan boi, but keep going back to them in small quantities. So maybe I am? Big Grin

Hey, if the shoe fits.... Big Grin

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only my 42 was USA made, the others are Austrian. Can't see another Glock in my immediate future, except perhaps the 48. Unless something new and Earth shattering is introduced, of course. Smile

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock 44 is next on the list for me.

Who doesn't love a .22?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gw3971:
I went looking for a new holster from my Glock 19 EDC. A Glock 43 took a liking to me and it followed me home.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Man, Glock has just gotta stop with all these forward serrations.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you on that, I'm glad I was able to find a 19-5 w/out the FS before they dried up in my area. To me they are an unnecessary trend.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I’m in agreement on the slide serrations...it’s a “keep up with the Joneses” type of thang...and Para...I like the timely signature line...gotta love Monty Python! Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Finally fully pimped out my 20SF, got Talon grips (black rubber) and Glock night sights. Almost the same set up as my 26, but I got Trijicon NS on there. Honestly, at first look, I wish I'd have gone Glock NS on 26 and saved half the money. Some of the white ring on my Trijicon front sight has started coming off, but it's not bad. Guess we'll see in 5-10 years which is better Big Grin

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Man, Glock has just gotta stop with all these forward serrations.

Front serrations must be available as an option

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gaston don't roll like that.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gaston don't roll like that.

Gaston is a fickle mistress. His whims change like the mood of the sea. Nobody's prognostication can decipher the mysteries that are Gaston. He's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, and smothered with secret sauce.

Yeah, those forward serrations suck donkey muffins.

But it could be fish gills we're stuck with, so there's that.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I've had a love, hate, relationship with my P series Sigs for along time. As good as they are, and nice as they feel, to me, they were just no fun anymore. I just sold my P226 Mk25, a P229 and a P239. I kept a few P series Sigs, namely the all stainless steel guns. But I almost never carried them. A couple of them I've never even fired. They just sat in the safe. When I carry, it's almost always a Glock.

So I used the money and bought a new G17 Gen 5, a new G19 Gen 4, and a new G21 Gen 4.

So far I have two G17s, two G19s, two G21s, a G30, a G20 and G29. Is nine too many, or not enough?

I plan on turning the G21 into a .45 Super. I'm going to order a KKM barrel with a compensator, a 24lb spring, a stronger striker spring, and new sights. I've been wanting to trick a Glock out for awhile and now I have the chance.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Welcome to page 500 of my radical thread

Eleven years, three months. Nine thousand nine hundred eighty posts. Three million+ page views. Untold numbers of new Glock owners. The prophecy fulfilled.

And all of it in a forum created for SIG-Sauer firearms. Subversive AF, I am. Power to the people.

posted Hide Post
That actually is pretty amazing! Congrats and here's to a bunch more pages! Smile

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very successful. So much so I now own 4 Glocks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Didn’t I just read somewhere Glocks were obsolete? Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post