SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yep

Posts: 102 | Registered: June 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course I posted here years ago, and it just seemed appropriate again so I did. With 448 pages of posts you’d expect some to revisit on occasion. No memory loss, dimentia, or remorse either. In fact I’m rather proud of my little P320. Is that so bad?

Colonel, USAF (Ret)
NRA Life Member

Posts: 100 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, I have Glocks. Several Glocks. So what.
To me, this sounds like someone looking for a confrontation. It seems awfully odd in light of your other post in this thread.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So my agency changed their rules on me...I was carrying anything I qualified with as long as I provided my own duty gear and ammunition....Well....Now I can only carry my issued duty gun a Glock 22....and I needed a back up gun for it so I who am a huge glock hater....Bought a gen 5 glock 19.....ugh I am such a loooooser..so this thread is correct....you will buy a glock!

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was being light hearted, in fun and keeping with the theme. No confrontational intent at all. I don’t understand your response at all.

Colonel, USAF (Ret)
NRA Life Member

Posts: 100 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you read through the thread, you'll see people coming into it to say stupid stuff, either not realizing the whole damn thing is a joke, or ignoring that. Your post looked like another one of those.

Instead of relinquishing your membership here, try seeing it from my side.

posted Hide Post
But I thought I was taking it as a joke, and making a joke of it and within the theme. I enjoy this forum and get a lot from the posts. Obviously I don’t post much but I read a lot and very often. I was a little put off by your reaction, just don’t understand it and honestly had a strong reaction but thought better of it. I have been a member for 14 years after all. Let’s just lighten it up and get along, ok?

Colonel, USAF (Ret)
NRA Life Member

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I have owned many Glocks over the years. (I'm sure I may have even posted in this thread at some pint...)

There are now some really great options to the Glock, and I'm learning to warm to the CZ line...

But the gun I still carry into harms way at work is a Glock 17 or 19...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpectrePilot:
But I thought I was taking it as a joke, and making a joke of it and within the theme. I enjoy this forum and get a lot from the posts. Obviously I don’t post much but I read a lot and very often. I was a little put off by your reaction, just don’t understand it and honestly had a strong reaction but thought better of it. I have been a member for 14 years after all. Let’s just lighten it up and get along, ok?

Point is, you bought a Glock..
You might want to leave it at that.. Razz

Good luck Bro.. Wink

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let’s just lighten it up and get along, ok?

Yessir Colonel!

OT, I have a lot more Glocks than when this thread started. G19s, if you please.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually the point is that I, like many others, have completely accepted the Glock’s attributes into our safes. What is remarkable is that I was able to purchase a polymer-framed, striker-fired Sig Sauer pistol and that I like it very much. That is quite a departure from the traditional alloy-framed Sig with some variant of a double-action trigger and hammer firing mechanism. There, plainly stated without any attempt at humor or perceived contention I trust.

Colonel, USAF (Ret)
NRA Life Member

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This medium does not allow us to hear voice inflection or see facial cues beyond emoticons and internet shorthand, so it's like looking through a drinking straw, at best. It's difficult to get to know someone when they post infrequently.

You need to work on your stand-up routine. Punch it up some. Maybe use props, like Carrot Top. Err, that is to say, Carrot Top uses props, not that he himself is one.

Maybe he is, I don't know.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
I had a G20 about 12 years ago and sold it. At the time I didnt like the ergos and trigger and was so so with it.

I told people I respected them but they weren't for me as I didnt like the ergos and they pointed high. I didnt like the spongy trigger.

Somehow last night however I found myself in the LGS purchasing a G19 Gen 4. I then took it out today and shot a 297/300 with no practice.

I dont know if its the backstraps or if my tastes have changed or I've just become a better shooter and can adapt better to more platforms but I compared it to, I imagine, an annoying array (for the poor LGS guy) of other guns I was far more familiar with and it just came out on top.

Figured it was time to enter this thread and fess up. I bought a Glock.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Figured it was time to enter this thread and fess up. I bought a Glock.

Well, they ARE everywhere. Hard not to bump into (and even buy) one at some point. The silly things do have this tendency to tempt even a hardened soul, those who swear they can't stand 'em.

I had a customer yesterday who right up front proclaimed that he hates Glocks. I didn't ask why; I've heard it way too many times and frankly stopped caring. I ultimately steered him to a 2.0 Compact and had him lusting it. Then he just had to ask me, "So what do you carry?" And with a sigh I told him, and gave the reasons why. No showing emotions, just simple, boring logic. Well, my logic is boring at least. He thought about it, walked around a bit, then thought some more.

Then he bought a Gen5 G19. Sometimes that simple, boring, reliable, dull, logic trumps a sexy booty.

Congrats on rejoining the Dark Side.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I picked up a G 43 this week. I've been trying to resist because my G 26 is my regular carry gun and is in my mind the perfect CCW pistol. Having dress clothes on most of the week I liked the slimmer profile of the G 43. Once I've put 400 or 500 rounds through it I'll start carrying it.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
......Then he bought a Gen5 G19. Sometimes that simple, boring, reliable, dull, logic trumps a sexy booty......

In a gunfight, a simple, boring, reliable, dull pistol beats the hell out a sexy booty every time. Smile

As one of my old defensive handgun mentors (now gone) once told me regarding gunfights, "The only good ass in town is your own."

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
So last week I shot my Gen 5 G19. About 90 rounds, flawless.

Then this happened:

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
So last week I shot my Gen 5 G19. About 90 rounds, flawless.

Then this happened:

You joined the dark side?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
It finally happened. Yesterday, I caved. I bought a Glock.

I’m now a Glock owner.

Glock 29 Gen4 from Buds. I needed 10mm Auto in my life.

I've got a shipment from Underwood Ammo coming in today as well.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I surely haven't read this entire thread.
I personally like Glock's. I've got a half dozen including a few 9's a couple 40's and a brand new 10mm. I've never had a problem with any of them. I have a G20 in 10mm I still haven't gotten to fire but I'm sure it will be like the rest of them. In fact if I was told you have to carry a gun before it was ever fired it would be a Glock. I got my first Glock which was the G27 in or around 1995. It really hasn't fired all that much in the 20+ yrs but I know it won't miss a beat if I need it. I have a Lasermax and night sights on it so that in my night time carry gun if I go anywhere at night which isn't very often. It goes with me every time I go out of town just because.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post