SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Not so much a Glock question, but accessory question.

I have used them in the past, and never had any problems.

But now, I hardly hear or see anyone using the Glock "+2" magazine extensions.

Did they go out of vogue, production, or just proved to be unreliable?
They're still in production. My LGS usually seems to have the OEM +2 Glock mags in stock, thought they seems to always be in coyote brown color. I've picked up a few and keep them in my G17 Gens 5s.
Thanks to all that replied.

The ones pictured look different than the ones I used, the ones pictured are more contoured, whereas mine were straight in the front.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of artful
posted Hide Post
My wife wanted to change from purse carry / fanny pack carry to on body carry. I let her try all the guns I had, my friends let her try all the guns they had. She had it in her mind that the SIG 938 would be the one. none of us had one so I took her to gun ranges with rental guns.

I restricted her to two at a time - 25 rounds each gun - whichever gun she grouped best with this week would be one of the guns next week and new contender pitted against it.

The Glock 43 9mm was the winner (and she didn't want it to be the winner). I shoot it just as good as my SIG 225 and it's light and easy to conceal - I explained that she needed to change her competition gun to glock so she'd practice same manual of arms. Got a Glock 22 40 S&W and conversion barrels in 357 SIG and 9X19 as well.

She still has her SIG 225 for off body use and I will say Glock's have been pretty reliable.

quote:
Fat, I'm not fat, just Tactically Padded.

Posts: 464 | Location: Arizona - USA | Registered: September 17, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by artful:
The Glock 43 9mm was the winner (and she didn't want it to be the winner).

I did pretty much exactly what you had your wife do, and the Glock 17 and 26 won out against everything, and I did not want that to be the case at all. Good for you guys doing it the scientific way and accepting the results. I applaud your wife going with what actually worked vs what she wanted to work for her. It isn't always the easiest thing to do. Smile

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
I keep going through the I "need" a G20 and a G29 to ad to my glock collection. I have not succumbed to the pressure yet, but soon...

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mutiny, you also "need" a Glock 40.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I succumbed.
For some reason during the Glock drought my local FFL has G29SF's and Glock 20SF's come in in batches of 3 or 4 at a time. These models were rarely seen there the last couple years after the intro of the gen 4. I bought a 29SF when the first batch came in, and today dropped a deposit on a 20SF which I will pick up when I have time to fill out the forms. I guess distributors are finding and pumping out anything they have laying around.
I have to admit I have owned both in the past and those short frames were always my favorite gen 3 10mm's.
Of note, the batches don't last more than a day or 2 before the cases are empty again for a couple days.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Not so much a Glock question, but accessory question.

I have used them in the past, and never had any problems.

But now, I hardly hear or see anyone using the Glock "+2" magazine extensions.

Did they go out of vogue, production, or just proved to be unreliable?
They have a bad habit of popping off and emptying the contents of the magazine when they hit something. For carry and hard use the 2 extra rounds aren’t worth the risk of them popping off at an inopportune time.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I just picked up these 2 in the last 2 months Smile

I love the Gen 5s

Posts: 531 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I just recently bought a Gen-5 19. I must say after around 20 Glocks of Gens 2,3,4 this Gen-5 is my favorite.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I stopped by my guy's shop today and he had a brand new G19X, among a bunch of other Glocks, including a G19 Gen 5 MOS. It was all I could do to hand it back to him.

There are Glocks out there to be had. These brick and mortar shops that move a lot of Glocks still get a lot of them. He had a glass case full of Glock magazines, including the long 9mm stick mags.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fellow Glocksters, I say unto ye, verily, go forth and purchase a REAL AVID Glock Smart Mag Tool. So good its almost a miracle!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Fellow Glocksters, I say unto ye, verily, go forth and purchase a REAL AVID Glock Smart Mag Tool. So good its almost a miracle!

I use the Magpopper.
https://www.amazon.com/NcSTAR-...sembly/dp/B0742JNRCY

Seems a bit quicker and easier than the Real Avid one. Just insert and then squeeze. (It also works on aftermarket baseplates that are wider than factory, which the Real Avid one wouldn't.)

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

I use the Magpopper.
https://www.amazon.com/NcSTAR-...sembly/dp/B0742JNRCY

Seems a bit quicker and easier than the Real Avid one. Just insert and then squeeze. (It also works on aftermarket baseplates that are wider than factory, which the Real Avid one wouldn't.)

I use the VISM Magpopper as well.
Works pretty good and is very compact.
Takes up very little room in my gun (large fishing tackle) box..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been using this thing for the past couple of years. It works...though I dunno what a 'Lirisy' is. Maybe it means something in the PRC.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
What is the method/tools for mag disassembly that are taught by GLOCK?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
What is the method/tools for mag disassembly that are taught by GLOCK?

Glock tool / punch, (or the occasional handcuff key) push the little nipple down, small flathead screw driver to pry the base plate foreword.

Make sure the magazine insert or spring doesn't go flying off into the great unknown.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The official Glock method of prying with the Glock tool is iffy, IME. I had come up with an alternate method using a punch and the edge of a table/countertop that worked better, but the Magpopper works even better than that.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I've got the Truglo tool and it works well. But I usually just reach for my punch and do it the old fashioned way.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've had more than a few Glocks since my first Glock-21 bought in 1994, but several years ago I setteled on a 19, 23 & 26 ... but lately Ive been feeling an itch for another 34

Its not that I've been resisting, I just haven't found one ... but I'm sure its out there!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
I became a new Glock owner today, well, semi-new. I had a 42 for a very short period, just didn't work for me. My interest in the brand got stirred up again with the P80 release. After reading Para's comments on it a couple of times, I decided to pass, but found myself needing to scratch the itch.

Having shot a couple of friends G17s pretty decently, I decided to focus on that and ended up with a G17M. Paid a bit more than a comparable Gen 5 with night sights, but, it fits into what I like, in that, it's just slightly different. Picked it up today and found myself glad on having moved on it.

I have another (sorta) coming in. My 9 year old daughter has been developing a bit of a curiosity lately and I decided to start her off with a Umarex G19X. Figured it would be a good tool to teach her about safety and she can practice without having to go to a range. If she takes to it and proves she's serious we can move onto bigger and better. I think I'm more excited about this than the 17M...

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post