SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
GAP floor plates.

I thought it was a bunch of rubbish and talk when I first heard about them. I usually tuck my pinky under the mag and work it like that.

Bought 5 of the GAP FP; I was a convert the first range trip. Still tuck the pinky under the mag but there's just way more grip support using them.

Personally, the Pearce grips are excellent but defeat the reason to use the "Baby" Glocks. The GAP FP maintains the "Baby" Glock grip length while giving positive control.

Just my opinion of course.

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by SouthernPride:
And I don't intend on buying one.
Yes, this is how it begins. You have the symptoms.

Try a G19 first. That's a good starting point.

And, don't be ashamed. You're among friends.

I swore off Glocks years ago. Ugly little beasts.

Tomorrow, I will either buy a Gen4 G27 or G23 (leaning towards the G23 since the 27 is not comfortable to handle without the Pierce grip extenders) for my new CCW piece.

It's a disease, I tell ya. . .

Years ago, I was at my indoor range and had a free pass to rent pistols (we bought my wife a revolver and got free range time with a new purchase). I never fired .45ACP up to this point, so I tried all three 45s they had there: a brand-new full-size 1911 (was a SW or Remington, IIRC), a full-size Ruger (can't remember the model), and a Glock sub-compact. I put my first two shots about 1/2" apart dead-center with the Glock - I had to retrieve my target and look at it up close because I literally didn't believe my eyes. I shot that sub-compact better than both full-size pistols.

I still think they are ugly, but it's for concealed purposes, so I guess I'm ok.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm just preparing my
impromptu remarks
posted Hide Post
The more I shoot them and effortlessly work on them and cheaply stock up on magazines for them, the more I love them.

It started 6 years ago with a police trade-in G22 (now converted to shoot 9mm), followed 5 days later by a G23 and six weeks after that by a G27.

Eventually sold the G23 and G27 after consolidating on 9mm and .45, but in their stead, I have a Gen 3 G17, two Gen 4 G17s, a Gen 4 G21 PA State Trooper trade-in, a G30s, and as of Saturday, a Gen 4 G19. After carrying Sigs, I now carry a G17 every day OWB, though I think the G19 will get some IWB use.

It starts slow, barely perceptible, just a flyer advertising a special on police trade-in G22s...

Posts: 331 | Location: PA | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Welcome to the machine
Picture of Mainspring
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Caaaan yoooooou dig iiiiit??

I like doing things like that.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to have 3- a Gen. 2 G19, a G26 and a Gen. 3 G19 "Mariner"...Sold first the Gen. 2, which i regretting up to now!! trying to locate the buyer to buy it back...then sold the G26 after scatching the frame that irritated me...then was down with 1 glock for maybe 9 years, then finally this year Got another Glock a Gen.4 G17!!, also considering getting another G26-but i think its time to own a SIG!!

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Back in the mix. Looking for a solid woods gun, and I ordered an FDE G20. I'll compare that to a Ruger Talo Super RedHawk 5" Toklat in 454 Casull and sell one of them. But 3X 15 rounds of 10mm will be hard to beat.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
And I just put a Gen 2 Glock 19 on layaway- serial prefix YX---

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally I hate Glocks. When you own multiples they make you do crazy things like refinish them just because. I mean love does crazy things to men.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...I went to the LGS where Heidi (my 21) lived until I brought her home a few months ago to pick up another magazine today. "Annette" was there, as well as my magazine. Annette came home today also, a Gen. 4 Model 30. Smile

Perhaps now I can stop.

Posts: 3217 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
New G19 w/ RMR. Unfortunately no suppressor sights yet, on backorder. Of course I realize this after I took the stock ones off. Big Grin doh.

Slide locked back from the side.

Slide forward from other side.

Through red dot. The brightness I believe was 3 of 8. ETA: Model is RMR07, 6.25 MOA dot.

I hope I'm done now, but maybe I need a woods gun.... Big Grin

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course you do!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Just added a 17L to the stable. Always wanted one for whatever reason.

Got it on Blue Label, priced right, three mags! Thanks again Champion Firearms in College Station.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
But 3X 15 rounds of 10mm will be hard to beat.

Yep.

Very hard to beat.

For most people anyways:

The G20 also allows much faster follow up shots than true big bore revolvers.

Is about half the weight of true big bore revolvers.

Allows for more carry options (and more comfortable carry options) than most true big bore revolvers.

Can mount a light. Not to be scoffed at when you are in the middle of nowhere at midnight. It get's dark in them thar' woods! Wink

My G20 has replace all of my backwoods/cabin pistols/revolvers.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
You know you keep saying that and I still HATE Glocks. I have shoot a box of ammo through several of them and I just don't like them.

I have NO polymer/plastic guns in my collection and NEVER will.

Sorry guys but this Gal will never cross over to the dark side. I'm a faithful steel/carbon/aluminum kind of gal.

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
^ Never say never..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Didn't we do this same dance a few months back? You know this thread is FILLED with people who said the exact same thing and then came back to post about buying a Glock. I'm one of them for that matter.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This could also be called "The Vampire Thread". Just when the Glock Deniers think they're safe, the Glock Vampire strikes and sucks a quart out of them.

Be careful at night. Don't turn out the lights. You could wake up with a Glock in your bed. Wink

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Welcome to the machine
Picture of Mainspring
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:
You know you keep saying that and I still HATE Glocks. I have shoot a box of ammo through several of them and I just don't like them.

I have NO polymer/plastic guns in my collection and NEVER will.

Sorry guys but this Gal will never cross over to the dark side. I'm a faithful steel/carbon/aluminum kind of gal.

I first shot a Glock in 1989. Said the same thing. Hated it. Didn't like how it pointed. Trigger was an abomination.

Took to SIGs and old S&W revolvers. Hated Glocks even more.

24 years later and I bought a G19. I still prefer the aesthetics of the SIGs and the S&W. But I carry the Glock and shoot it really, really well. For capacity, concealability and reliability, it can't be beat.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Didn't we do this same dance a few months back? You know this thread is FILLED with people who said the exact same thing and then came back to post about buying a Glock. I'm one of them for that matter.

If I dig back far enough, I could probably find the post where I said I didn't like Glocks, and would never buy one.

I haven't shot my G23 yet, but I put on a beavertail backstrap, and it REALLY feels great in my hand now (felt good before, feels great now).

I never would have believed it if you told me then that I would REALLY buy a glock. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Well, I did it again. Ordered a Gen 4 Glock 26 to go with the 43 and 19. May add another 19 down the line but for now I have all of my bases covered with just 3 handguns. I did order some Talon Grips for the 43 to give it a little more traction in the hand.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Never thought I would do it, but I was the winning bidder on an "Atlanta Police" marked G4 G21 with night sights.

Not 100% sure if it is Atlanta, GA PD, but they evidently traded in their M&Ps for G22s and G21s a couple years ago. I wanted to expand into the police-marked trade-in realm.

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post