SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
The loaded G30S weighs about an ounce less than the loaded G19.
In a 10 shot .45 ACP. That's damn nice.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
Now I really want a G30S.... Frown

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Just had to keep us intrigued on the new G30, didn't you.... Roll Eyes

I can't buy another Glock .... can I ?

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You will buy more Glocks.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of logicalsteve
posted Hide Post
Been playing with guns for 30+ years and have between one and two dozen in the safe at any given time. Sigs, Berettas, Tauri, every flavor of revolver, and a few obscure makes and customized stuff. I never even looked at Glocks aside from shooting a friends .45 about 20 years ago, the look and feel just doesn't appeal to me. A month or so ago I stumbled into a deal for a new 21 and a new 30SF. Maybe it's my smallish hands but the 21 felt completely unnatural and I still have no idea what the fuss it's all about......sold it this weekend.
Now the 30SF I liked, not better than my P245 but enough to keep it and give it a second date at the range. I can't say it fits in my ccw rotation really and isn't exactly a target pistol, definitely not a bbq gun and obviously not a hunter. Lets just call it a curiosity at this point.

------------------

Join my free no signature club...

Posts: 1826 | Registered: May 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Careful, logical. That's how it starts Smile I'm a Sig guy, but I sure enjoy my Gen4 17 and am seriously looking at a 30sf...

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned a few Glocks. The pistol I've owned longest is a Gen II G19 with some custom additions.

I decided to get a sub-compact .45 and did some research.

It came down to the G36 and XDs.

I have had an XD9sc and though it was ugly as sin I enjoyed shooting it.

I checked out the XDs at the gun shop and pulled the trigger, the great sight picture got me. The XDs just tries to have soul but the Glocks look like they have none...

That said I kind of lump the M&P's, XD(x)'s and Glocks together so I consider my new XDs like going back to a Glock, even though I picked it over a Glock specifically. Smile

Posts: 259 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was gonna fall in love with a polymer gun it would be a CZ SP01 phantom. It will out shoot a glock any day of the week. But since I live in Cali it will have to be a long distance Romance. For now my P226 and my S&W 681 will do me just fine.

”Self defense is a primary law of nature, which no subsequent law of society can abolish; the immediate gift of the Creator, obliges everyone … to resist the first approaches of tyranny.” ~Elbridge Gerry

Posts: 7 | Location: NorCal (slightly north of the Libtard Capital of West Coast) | Registered: February 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
No I won't. The gun store's out...

Walked into one of my local gun store and they had exactly 14 handguns in stock, 8 of them revolvers.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deankal
posted Hide Post
I don't think so. I've tried to like them, and shot them a few times and will continue to do so. But they just don't do it for me like my Sigs.

Posts: 960 | Location: Northeast of Seattle in a Red Zip Code | Registered: May 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deankal:
I don't think so. I've tried to like them, and shot them a few times and will continue to do so. But they just don't do it for me like my Sigs.

There is nothing wrong with owning both.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:

There is nothing wrong with owning both.

And then some... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I picked up a G23 Gen 4 this afternoon and put 100 rounds through it. It's going to replace my G19 in the carry rotation. I shoot it better than my G19 for some reason.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swage,

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a NIB G22 sitting in the box for the longest time, never fired. It's a late Gen 3.

I've read on the intarwebz that the .40 models prior to Gen 4 'beat themselves up' since they are based on a 9mm frame and actually use the same recoil spring as the G17. I'd like to assume that's a load a hooey since there are so many LEOs using that weapon. But I dunno. Like I said I have never fired it. I have never fired a .40 ever, really.

I seem to have noticed that the G22 is probably the least desired model of Glock though. Am I wrong?

Posts: 88 | Registered: March 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
well, I'm now glockless. I feel an emptiness in my armory. does it help that the Kahr I traded it for was designed very similarly to the glock?

I'll be back, Glock. don't you worry... it may be a few years, but I'll be back.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Niceman:
I've had a NIB G22 sitting in the box for the longest time, never fired. It's a late Gen 3.

I've read on the intarwebz that the .40 models prior to Gen 4 'beat themselves up' since they are based on a 9mm frame and actually use the same recoil spring as the G17. I'd like to assume that's a load a hooey since there are so many LEOs using that weapon. But I dunno. Like I said I have never fired it. I have never fired a .40 ever, really.

I seem to have noticed that the G22 is probably the least desired model of Glock though. Am I wrong?

I would assume if that were true then the Gen 3 G23 would use the same recoil spring as the G19. I've shot the Gen 3 and Gen 4 G23 side by side and could not tell a distinguishable difference. What I did notice is the newer chambers in the Gen 4 .40's supported the chambered shell much better. This may be in reaction to the rare kaboom associated with Glock .40's. I would have no issue owning and shooting any of the older generation Glocks i .40. I think it's a non-issue.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Niceman:

You heard right, the .40 caliber Glocks May need a new barrel after 150,000 to 200,000 rounds. Smile

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I picked up a G23 Gen 4 this afternoon and put 100 rounds through it. It's going to replace my G19 in the carry rotation.

I did this switch a year ago and have never regretted the choice. Aside from a brief dalliance with a 1911 my Gen4 G23 is my 100% go-to EDC platform.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
You heard right, the .40 caliber Glocks May need a new barrel after 150,000 to 200,000 rounds. Smile

LOL OK, alright. I get it now. It's a non-issue.

Posts: 88 | Registered: March 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned 3 glocks and officially decided the suck... If they were $400 sure. But for a stoker fire gun I'd rather take an XD or walther hands down.

Posts: 28 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post