SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidcalvin:
Would never own a Glock. Why would I ever need one? Maybe they are good. So what? They aren't any better than Sigs. I like my sigs, thank you very much.

Yep. Thats how it starts! Eek

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would never own a Glock. Why would I ever need one? Maybe they are good. So what? They aren't any better than Sigs. I like my sigs, thank you very much.

Why would anyone "need" more than one handgun? Better is in the eye of the beholder. I also like my Sigs...and my 1911's, my Seecamp, my Ruger and my one Glock. However, I've never said that I would never own a Walther, an H&K, an S&W, a Beretta, a Kahr, etc., etc., etc. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Latent Glockosexual.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I am just glock-o-phobic. I just stick with Sigs because I have been shooting them for years. I trust in their reliability, I am comfortable with them, they are just great. I am also monogamous with my girlfriend too. Maybe I am just not into variety :-)

Posts: 40 | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe I am just glock-o-phobic. I just stick with Sigs because I have been shooting them for years. I trust in their reliability, I am comfortable with them, they are just great. I am also monogamous with my girlfriend too. Maybe I am just not into variety :-)

Is she the only girl you have ever been out with? Why would you ever have another girlfriend?

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
For sheer reliability, I think I'd trust a new production Glock over the equivalent SIG at this point.

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
For sheer reliability, I think I'd trust a new production Glock over the equivalent SIG at this point.

Ouch!!!!

I've bought a few new Sigs in the last 5 years and had no issues.
I've also owned several Glocks, I favor the Gen 2s, and never had a problem with them either.

I've gotta say, even on a Sig forum, if I could only own one pistol, it would be a Gen 2 Glock 19... Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas
Picture of pacman
posted Hide Post
Put down a deposit on a Gen4 Glock 19 that is en route(already shipped) to my LGS. Will be my first Glock.

When I first read this thread 3 years ago, I never thought it would apply to me!

PACMAN

Be Prepared.

Posts: 796 | Location: Louisiana, USA | Registered: January 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I've gotta say, even on a Sig forum, if I could only own one pistol, it would be a Gen 2 Glock 19... Big Grin

Truth. In fact, I'm thinking about doing just that about paring it down to just my gen 2 19, finding a backup and magazines at this point. That'll be shaving three Sigs out of the collection. I told a friend at work about it who's a new Sig nut and he said I was crazy. "That's like owning a few nice Mercedes or BMW's and trading them all in for a 1988 Honda Civic." I told him I guess I'm a Honda guy anymore. Big Grin

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I'll be damned if I didn't end end up with a G32 this week to dip my toe into the .357 Sig waters.

I guess you were right Para.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'd say a RTF3 Glock 19 would be the perfect polymer pistol. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Truth. In fact, I'm thinking about doing just that about paring it down to just my gen 2 19, finding a backup and magazines at this point. That'll be shaving three Sigs out of the collection. I told a friend at work about it who's a new Sig nut and he said I was crazy. "That's like owning a few nice Mercedes or BMW's and trading them all in for a 1988 Honda Civic." I told him I guess I'm a Honda guy anymore. Big Grin

Well, being 50 and from what I've learned over the years, I'd take that 1988 Honda Civic over a Mercedes or BMW.. Cool
I bet when the shit goes down it will be easier and cheaper to find Civic parts than high $$ Mercedes and Beemer parts.

But then, I drive a 05 Toyota Tundra with 114K miles on it.
I intended to keep it until it flat out quits.

I once owned 6 Sig pistols and no Glocks.
I now own 4 Glock pistols and 1 West German Sig P226..

One mag G17 mag can run in a G17, G19, and G26..

It took awhile but I'm learning the importance of the Glock as a long term defensive pistol.. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't posted on the forum in quite some time so I thought I would jump in this much debated subject.

My thought is like investments,diversity. I have one Sig 238, one Glock 26, one M&P9 Pro, one Beretta Nano,one Smith 637 and a Contender in 357 Max.

Each has it's own purpose.Love shooting everyone of them.
At my age I have bought and sold many handguns. Many I hated, some I wish I had never sold.
Just to stay with the subject, I said I would never own a Glock either, till I shot my Son's 26.

I have also learned to never belittle a persons choice of firearms. If they like it that is what matters.

Next pistol, maybe a Glock 20.

Posts: 14 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of handym3000
posted Hide Post
i have stayed away from glock for years due to the small ass magazine release

the new gen 4's sold me and i am now buying one

plus the new back straps are awesome

i wanted a fde gen4 but can't find one anywhere.

i have come over to the dark side.

Someone once asked me if I was getting a little on the side. I said, "On the side? When did they move it?"

Why do you collect guns? Same reason some people collect snow globes. To kill badguys.

She started to go off on another tirade of insults and our instructor absolutely shut her down, "Just stop right there, you showed up to a drag race on a pogo stick and this isn't going anywhere."

Posts: 1262 | Location: Batavia, IL | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
England just adopted the Glock 17!
Interesting... Maybe this was the "big" anouncement.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by handym3000:
i have stayed away from glock for years due to the small ass magazine release

the new gen 4's sold me and i am now buying one

plus the new back straps are awesome

i wanted a fde gen4 but can't find one anywhere.

i have come over to the dark side.

Ask your LGS if they but from Lipseys. That distributor carries FDE Gen 4 models. I recently bought a G22 (last week). They are not common, but they are around.

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I earned my
bombasticity
Picture of Psychobastard
posted Hide Post
No... I probably won't. Not now.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

Posts: 25964 | Location: Wearesoscrewedistan | Registered: October 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will, I have and will probably do so again.

Posts: 496 | Registered: December 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Psychobastard:
No... I probably won't. Not now.

You know you want two.

Grammar bomb.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Have a nice week end...

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post