SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jagman:
Just ordered two Ghost Rocket kits for my Gen4 17 and 19. Looking forward to getting them installed. Went with the Rockwt version to see what the over travel limit, lighter pull and shorter reset is like. Especially the shorter reset. After putting SRT on 20 of my 30 SIGs and enjoying the greatness of the PPQ trigger, I couldn't resist tinkering with the Glocks. I hope they work as well as others have said. The only mods I've ever done to Glocks was a 3.5 connector on a Gen 3 26 and night sights on them all.

Good choice. My G34 has a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector, which was installed by Bruce Gray. The trigger pull is noticeably different from my other Glocks, all of which have factory connectors. The G34 has a shorter/smoother/lighter trigger pull, with no overtravel, and an even more pronounced reset.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Jagman:
Just ordered two Ghost Rocket kits for my Gen4 17 and 19. Looking forward to getting them installed. Went with the Rockwt version to see what the over travel limit, lighter pull and shorter reset is like. Especially the shorter reset. After putting SRT on 20 of my 30 SIGs and enjoying the greatness of the PPQ trigger, I couldn't resist tinkering with the Glocks. I hope they work as well as others have said. The only mods I've ever done to Glocks was a 3.5 connector on a Gen 3 26 and night sights on them all.

Good choice. My G34 has a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector, which was installed by Bruce Gray. The trigger pull is noticeably different from my other Glocks, all of which have factory connectors. The G34 has a shorter/smoother/lighter trigger pull, with no overtravel, and an even more pronounced reset.

Nice to hear!

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where are you guys finding 10mm ammunition? I don't think I've ever seen even one box of it around here (northern Illinois), and I'd hate to be reliant on mail order.

Around here it's pretty abundant in the various LGS and even found some low powered stuff at WallyWorld.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Never saw the point in those anyway. Seems like taking a Glock and trying to turn it into a 1911 when it isn't a 1911.

No question about, especially when the end product is more about trailer-park trashiness than anything else. Aside from the nicer trigger feel (I do like ZEV's trigger action improvements over stock) and the improved grippiness of the texture makeover, the rest of their remaining "improvements" are anything but. Both of those positives apart from the rest hardly comes close to justifying the huge price bump even if the frame and slide had been properly fitted. But charging $700 extra for a gun as poorly put together as what I saw compared to bone stock is laughable at best; hell, even if the gun had been the same price as a bone stock Glock it would be a cruel joke. That bad it was for a purportedly NIB gun.

I had a chance to hold one of those Zev G17's and I have to say I was impressed. Best trigger I've ever felt on a Glock, great texture on the grip. But yes, the price was a little much. If they could turn that kit out for less than $800 per pistol, they'd have a winner. At $1200, there is some steep competition.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
I blame this on each and every one of you in this thread Smile

Gen 4 19 with Trijicon HD sights

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auxiliaryjohn
posted Hide Post
You are welcome Sir. Wink

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
US Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Posts: 2262 | Location: Dothan, AL | Registered: August 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of V12
posted Hide Post
It's been a few years, but you got me again.

Posts: 467 | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried a G30SF Gen 4 two years ago, but didn't care for it. Soon sold it, but now have a Gen 4 Glock 21, which holds 14 rounds .45 ACP.

Took to the range Sunday and fell in love. Way accurate and easy on the hand felt recoil. Of course, it's a Glock and was 100% reliable for a mix of 200 FMJ's and HP's all 230 grain rounds.

I'll be EDC'ing it now for awhile Big Grin

Harold B
----------------------
"God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal."

Posts: 1009 | Location: Pacific NW - USA | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I CCW a Glock 36 and have now for a few years.
It's my only carry gun.
So I get a new CZ 75 PO1, S&W 642 with moon clips a NOS Bulgy Makarov and my trusty FN HiPower. All great shooters.
Tonight I put the new guns through their paces completely satisfied. I only get 3 on my permit (CA) Decisions....

So I brought along some 45 and decided to have a few last shots with the Glock 36 as my Carry gun. Took it out of my IWB replaced the CCW ammo with quality target ammo...
HOLY Crap.... BIG MISTAKE>>> HUGE!!!
It was as if the Gun was saying HEY STUPID.... Do you get it yet... ?
Can't argue with results... The CZ and J frame will be added to my permit but the GLOCK stays.
ODDLY Faster to shoot and easier to control. Than the CZ or P35 as well.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
It's my only carry gun.
So I get a new CZ 75 PO1, S&W 642 with moon clips a NOS Bulgy Makarov and my trusty FN HiPower. All great shooters.
Tonight I put the new guns through their paces completely satisfied. I only get 3 on my permit (CA) Decisions....

So I brought along some 45 and decided to have a few last shots with the Glock 36 as my Carry gun. Took it out of my IWB replaced the CCW ammo with quality target ammo...
Can't argue with results... The CZ and J frame will be added to my permit but the GLOCK stays.

Hard to beat the reliability and short trigger reset of a Glock for a carry gun.

Since buying a console safe and mounting magnets for my new pickup, I think the Gen 2.5 G26 will be designated as a full time truck gun.
The LCP (soon to be replaced with a Kahr CW380) is carried on me, except when at work.
I can't carry while on duty.
It is also locked in the safe when at work.
Better than locking it in the glove box like I did in my old pickup..

I was never big on leaving a gun in my vehicle at all times.
But this will be secured 24/7...

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
It's my only carry gun.

Hard to beat the reliability and short trigger reset of a Glock for a carry gun.

Since buying a console safe and mounting magnets for my new pickup, I think the Gen 2.5 G26 will be designated as a full time truck gun.
The LCP (soon to be replaced with a Kahr CW380) is carried on me, except when at work.
I can't carry while on duty.
It is also locked in the safe when at work.
Better than locking it in the glove box like I did in my old pickup..

I was never big on leaving a gun in my vehicle at all times.
But this will be secured 24/7...

Sweet. Its time for us to trade in our full sized SUV and get something new. I already bought a G19 Gen 4 for the same purpose as you.

What brand safe is that?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:

Sweet. Its time for us to trade in our full sized SUV and get something new. I already bought a G19 Gen 4 for the same purpose as you.

What brand safe is that?

Lock'er Down

To purchase: Mobile Security Plus

Proudly made in San Antonio TEXAS...

5 different lock options.

I chose the 4 digit combo because I didn't want to have to pull my keys out of the ignition just to open the safe.

I used the discount code at the end of this video and got 15% off. NFA15

http://youtu.be/oHV--toD8pY

I have no affiliation with this company, but they sold me a great product with great service.
I ordered it on a Monday at noon and had it the next day ground FedEx, but they are only 4.5 hours south of me.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seriously doubt that I will ever buy a Glock. They just don't work well for me. But I secretly envy those for whom they do work well.

I accept the fact that they are simple to operate, reasonably priced, extremely durable, and reliable. There is an overwhelming variety of accessories devoted to and targeting Glock owners. In most gun shops I frequent, whole aisles are devoted to Glock magazines. I have noticed this while searching for spare mags to fit my Beretta Cougar, which invariably are nowhere to be found.

I also accept the fact that Glock was a damned genius. That a polymer guy who started out making curtain rods and handicapped by a first name like "Gaston" could design his first handgun at age 52 and thereby revolutionize an entire industry that dated back hundreds of years is truly amazing.

But I've handled dozens of Glocks and shot a few and they just don't do it for me. First, they are butt-ugly. That alone would not cause me to refrain from buying one, but the non-standard angle the grip makes with the bore axis causes me to point them poorly. Also the palm swell on the backstrap doesn't fit my hand. And the rectangular feel of the grip is also just not right.

So I probably will never own a Glock. But if I ever do, I'm going to name mine "Gretchen".

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No worries. You'll be back in a few years, posting in this thread on page 593 about how you just picked up a Glock 19, and you lurve it.

If you'll peruse the previous 344 pages, there have been many, many examples along the lines of:

"I'll never buy a Glock. They're ugly, and boxy, and they smell of elderberries!"

(Fast forward 1-5 years)

"I just got a deal on a Glock ##, and it's great! I shoot it so much better than my other guns. Plus, I don't even notice the smell, now that I'm used to it!"

Big Grin

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
I seriously doubt that I will ever buy a Glock. They just don't work well for me. But I secretly envy those for whom they do work well.

I accept the fact that they are simple to operate, reasonably priced, extremely durable, and reliable. There is an overwhelming variety of accessories devoted to and targeting Glock owners. In most gun shops I frequent, whole aisles are devoted to Glock magazines. I have noticed this while searching for spare mags to fit my Beretta Cougar, which invariably are nowhere to be found.

I also accept the fact that Glock was a damned genius. That a polymer guy who started out making curtain rods and handicapped by a first name like "Gaston" could design his first handgun at age 52 and thereby revolutionize an entire industry that dated back hundreds of years is truly amazing.

But I've handled dozens of Glocks and shot a few and they just don't do it for me. First, they are butt-ugly. That alone would not cause me to refrain from buying one, but the non-standard angle the grip makes with the bore axis causes me to point them poorly. Also the palm swell on the backstrap doesn't fit my hand. And the rectangular feel of the grip is also just not right.

So I probably will never own a Glock. But if I ever do, I'm going to name mine "Gretchen".

I used to feel the same until I tried the backstraps on the Gen 4's. The beaver tails in particular changed the grip angle and turned the platform from something I did not care for into something that feels good in the hand.

I can only imagine the gen 5's, in whatever year they come out, will further expand on this with side panels and more backstrap options.

I'll also say that if you are flipping back and forth between platforms the grip issue can be problematic. When you quit handling other platforms for a while and focus on the Glocks, it's not such a big deal. I spent a lot of time holding Glocks while watching TV to marry my hand to the grip. Took a few months but it clicked.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:

What brand safe is that?

Lock'er Down

To purchase: Mobile Security Plus

Proudly made in San Antonio TEXAS...

5 different lock options.

I chose the 4 digit combo because I didn't want to have to pull my keys out of the ignition just to open the safe.

I used the discount code at the end of this video and got 15% off. NFA15

http://youtu.be/oHV--toD8pY

I have no affiliation with this company, but they sold me a great product with great service.
I ordered it on a Monday at noon and had it the next day ground FedEx, but they are only 4.5 hours south of me.

Thanks for the info!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Dumb Animal At
The End Of The Leash
Picture of Hickory Shampoo
posted Hide Post
My G33 and G19 got a big brother. Came back from LightFighter Innovations yesterday (grip work). Yet to do are forward serrations and coating (likely NP3+). I'm so embarrassed I can hardly show the photo. Big Grin

Posts: 2728 | Location: Halfway between EYQ and IWS. Not very close to PPT, at all. | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Damn nice 21 Hickory. I wouldnt go cutting no serrations beyond what is allready there. I would however get rid of the dovetail protectors for some better sights. I lubs the G21 pistol.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Dumb Animal At
The End Of The Leash
Picture of Hickory Shampoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Damn nice 21 Hickory. I wouldnt go cutting no serrations beyond what is allready there. I would however get rid of the dovetail protectors for some better sights. I lubs the G21 pistol.

Ah yes. I'm planning on TruGlo TFO sights and a Vickers TD extended slide release. Probably no trigger work beyond the polished internals.

Posts: 2728 | Location: Halfway between EYQ and IWS. Not very close to PPT, at all. | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post