SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00464b:
No.... I don't think I will.

But will is in this sentence. Just when you think you won't you will.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
The throttle on my wallet got stuck wide open. I bought six before I got it shut back down.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I totally understand not wanting or liking Glocks on a personal level. I never understood the desire to post to this thread the equivalent of “NUHHHHUHHHH!!!”

Glocks are ugly guns made for life sized LEGO hands that have a weird grip angle and any one of those things can legitimately turn somebody off to them. Now if you are intellectually honest you can absolutely not like Glocks but accept that they are GREAT guns. They just not be great guns for you. In which case why post to this thread.

All that being said. I do not love Glocks. Hell I darn near dislike them......because of this I only own......5. Frown.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently added a G42 and a G43 to the stable. I was really surprised at how pleasant the G43 was to shoot. I’ve heard so much about the S&W Shield being softer and easier to shoot but I didn’t really feel that and I got better groups with the Glock. To me, there’s just something about a glocks grip angle that makes it easier for me to control and get back on target.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This year I started shooting carry optics in USPSA and IDPA. I had a 34 cut for an optic.
I have been looking for a G35 slide for a good price but had not found one.
I stopped by the local shop and found a G35 gen 4 MOS for a good price. Has a factory barrel and an after market barrel.
I will be moving my extra DPP from my G19 to the new to me G35.
Looking forward to seeing if it shoots as good as the G34.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is so old, I'm not even sure if I've posted in it previously...

Latest Glock is a G19.5 MOS.

I'm not into some of the fad changes they have made along the way...but I have to say I really like this 19.5.

The gun feels and shoots differently than a gen 4. I don't think it translates to any appreciable difference in performance whatsoever, but the gun definitely feels different when it cycles. The extra weight, thickness of the slide, and the improved trigger really improve the experience (for me). The extra mass just results in a smoother action.

I think I may be finally able to get usurp my USPc 9 with this new 19.

If Glock would add a safety, I would be all set.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Picked up a new Glock 19 Gen 5 on Friday; not a planned purchase, I've been saving up for a P365, but came across my GSSF coupon which was going to expire on Friday and since I like saving money, I got myself another Glock!

Compared to my Gen 4, the grip is so much better not having the finger grooves.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
When good condition Gen. 3 22 police turn-ins (with night sights and three 15 round mags) are $249, it's awfully hard to resist. I can't say I haven't succumbed to temptation more than once.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks have one outstanding quality, they are cheap.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just like Hi-Points and Lorcins. That's all they are- cheap, cheap, cheap.

Feel better now?

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Yep, bet my life "cheap."

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, he's got a point, IMO, they are cheap compared to other handguns, but they have several other outstanding qualities, chief among which, for me, is reliability.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks aren't cheap.

Cheap is a measure of quality, not price. Glocks are neither lower in quality in terms of a reliable, proven firearm (carried by professionals worldwide), or price, as there are many other firearms which cost less.

That said, I picked up a G48 today; another of those used, but can't tell from handling it, firearms. Under four hundred bucks, and couldn't pass it up.

After several decades, I finally graduated college. The diploma came in the mail today. The G48 was my way of marking the occasion.

I'm already thinking I need to try a 43X.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I shot a G3 Glock 19 with TFX Pro sights today at the range with my son. I have to admit, it shot very well with no pull to the left like I’ve read is common. I compared it to a G5 G19 and I really couldn’t tell a difference as my hand fits the finger grips really well. The big difference was that stupid cutout on the G5 - what was Glock thinking?

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:

Now now, you promised to quit your bellyaching . . .

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...540004534#4540004534

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:

Now now, you promised to quit your bellyaching . . .

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...540004534#4540004534

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
45 MOS yesterday.....i need Glock to not come out with any more gen 5MOS guns for a while so my wallet can recover

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The cut out is going away. It’s already gone on all the gen 5 MOS guns, and my understanding is non MOS guns will soon follow suit (the 45 never had it)

quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I shot a G3 Glock 19 with TFX Pro sights today at the range with my son. I have to admit, it shot very well with no pull to the left like I’ve read is common. I compared it to a G5 G19 and I really couldn’t tell a difference as my hand fits the finger grips really well. The big difference was that stupid cutout on the G5 - what was Glock thinking?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I should have said inexpensive. Because that is what I think has driven the popularity of the guns. The same reason Fords out sell Porches. Their popularity and price point has actually forced other manufacturers to lower their prices. (Just check out the price reductions on HKs)

There is no question that they are reliable and well made. Now get off my case, I just don't like em.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 550 and higher, I don't see them being "inexpensive." I see a number of other firearms for less.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post