SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just traded my 92G Centurion for a G23 with 6 mags, bladetech holster. Never much liked that particular Beretta and I do love my 19. Does this count?

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlemmy:
Really thinking about that g30s !

My lust for a G19 had died down, but the G30s has perked things back up. My next buy was going to be a Springfield LW Operator (4.25) and it was going to be my first .45 and first 1911, buuuuut the G30s has taken it's spot and one i will have to get my hands on to check out.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fifthward
posted Hide Post
I had a Nano for concealed carry. I figured I'd purchase a G17 Gen4...for SHTF....and I did.
12/21/12 rolled by without incident Smile ...but I was pretty impressed by the fit, finish, simplicity, of the Glock. I've owned a number of firearms, from Springfield to HK...and I was really expecting the G17 to be reliable tupperware. Well...pleasantly surprised.

I liked it so much..that in my sleep - my Nano and G17 - magically morphed together to turn into a G26. The real deal baby glock.

I can't say enough about the G26 Gen4...the grip is thick enough to feel like you have a gun in your hand...yet short enough to disappear easily AIWB. The sight radius is perfect for it's intended purpose...and the trigger has a clean break, while consistent.

Complete dark side...I have gone. Smile

--------------------------------------------

"No I'm not crazy, and neither am I. Next question!"

Posts: 766 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
quote:
Originally posted by jlemmy:
Really thinking about that g30s !

My lust for a G19 had died down, but the G30s has perked things back up. My next buy was going to be a Springfield LW Operator (4.25) and it was going to be my first .45 and first 1911, buuuuut the G30s has taken it's spot and one i will have to get my hands on to check out.

I rented a G30sf today.
I like it and will either buy a 30sf or a 30s.
LGS has a barely used 30sf for $489, thinking about it as well.
At the range today I shot my G21, G19, P226 (still having light strikes in DA) and EMP.
Shot the G21 the best followed by my G19 and the rental G30.
Also rented a G36 but found it too thin and the mag pinched my little finger.

I'm considering selling my EMP and carrying a Glock full time... Eek
Never thought I'd sell the EMP, but now it is "I'll never sell my G21". Roll Eyes

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Glock 19er
posted Hide Post
Picked this one up today. Looks great for its age.

>>>---Scalp'em 'Noles--->

Posts: 570 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Registered: March 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
So, went back to the LGS to buy the used G30sf today.
But, come to find out, it wasn't an SF, it was a standard G30.
I like the SF better since the lower back strap digs into my palm on the standard G30.
They had a new G30SF with Meprolights on it for $685 +tax.
I passed on that.

There was a local gun show this weekend so I toughed it out and went.
Huge crowds, overpriced guns and ammo aplenty.
This one guy had a well worn West German P226 with a price tag of $1500.
I shit you not.. Roll Eyes
Hell, if I can get that much for my WG P226, I'd sell it.. Big Grin

Cruised the show, found 2 G30SFs.
One for $545, the other for $579..
Gee, what do I do?

I bought the one for $545..

Already ordered steel stock sights, a 9 rd mag, and a couple Pearce finger extensions..
I need to find a holster because I am gonna carry it..

Perfect match for my G21..

Though about waiting for the G30S to come out.
But I think they will be hard to find, and probably $700 + on the price.

I used to be all Sig and anti-Glock.
Now I own 1 Sig and 4 Glocks..
How did this happen...? Confused

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So, after much hand-wringing, I said "fuck it" and traded my custom carry 229 away. This

Turned into this:

Guy damn near peeled out of the parking lot. I think we both left feeling like we screwed the other person. Best kind of deal there is!

With it's brother:

Two LNIB handguns in three weeks. Unheard of for me. If my KD marked P220 survives this and doesn't somehow turn into a Gen 4 G19 in the next 30 days, I'll be stunned. It was the one handgun I swore I'd never get rid of and I'm starting to think it can maybe walk in favor of another Glock, lol.

I think I'm done with SIGs.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Interesting deal. As much as I like Glocks and particularly the RTF2s, that's one transaction that gives me pause. But I commend you and as always it's whatever works best for you. The Dark Side is strong with this one.

I also will admit that aside from my P220s it's been a while since I've shot any of my SIGs, and the last three guns I've picked up all spawned from the master sith known as G17. Hmmm....decisions, decisions...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Interesting deal. As much as I like Glocks and particularly the RTF2s, that's one transaction that gives me pause. But I commend you and as always it's whatever works best for you.

If I'm being honest, on it's own, it's not the best deal I've ever worked and I could have done better, but I don't feel like I did badly, and for one reason: the Glock is (hopefully) the end of a long line of trades, in all of them except this last one, I also took in the equivalent in cash on top. I have, quite literally, no money tied up in this deal. I traded a gun I can't shoot worth poop for one I hopefully can. Razz

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
The Dark Side is strong with this one.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terrasonic05
posted Hide Post
I love my 9mm and larger Sigs considerably more than my G19, and my P232 and my 84F and every revolver even more than the big Sigs.

Strangely, I carry the G19, and shoot it more than all the rest combined. How does that make sense?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Posts: 230 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
I found this pic and thought I'd share it with ya.. The box is cool too...

I do like that.. Big Grin
One of these days I'll find one of those....]

Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
Man I sure would love to have that one!

quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
I found this pic and thought I'd share it with ya.. The box is cool too...

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had pretty much every Glock out there. I think my fav is the G32

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
So, after much hand-wringing, I said "fuck it" and traded my custom carry 229 away. This

Nice Glock, but how could you part with those tasty lightening grooves???!!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:

Those are speed holes!

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

You mean the lint catchers? I mean, dust ports? Razz

I really like the looks of them, and they lighten up the pistol quite noticeably. It balances about like a P228 after that reduction. However, it did increase the felt recoil, and I've started developing some nerve/pain issues in my right elbow this past year and it was becoming uncomfortable to shoot. A 100 round range session would leave my elbow quite battered and my right arm useless. My range sessions with 9mm Glocks haven't. Admittedly, I traded the 229 for another .40, but I plan to explore my options for turning it into a 9mm.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

You mean the lint catchers? I mean, dust ports? Razz

I really like the looks of them, and they lighten up the pistol quite noticeably. It balances about like a P228 after that reduction. However, it did increase the felt recoil, and I've started developing some nerve/pain issues in my right elbow this past year and it was becoming uncomfortable to shoot. A 100 round range session would leave my elbow quite battered and my right arm useless. My range sessions with 9mm Glocks haven't. Admittedly, I traded the 229 for another .40, but I plan to explore my options for turning it into a 9mm.

I have a barsto 40sw to 9mm conversion barrel in my P229 and it works perfect.

Keep the sig and buy a Glock too!

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
For me, there was never a doubt.... My first handgun was a Glock G17....

Here's my latest Glock, a gen4 G21.

Next, a gen4 G20!

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's my latest Glock, a gen4 G21.

Mine too. Have yet to feed anything through it, though. Running low on .45ACP, and no one--including the LGS I work at--seems to have any. Frown

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Shot a G23 at the range last weekend, a buddy brought it.

Nope, still don't like them.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post